PDA

View Full Version : Called shot thread... UF

Pike51
19th November 2013, 07:34 AM
I have a feeling about this week. Something I haven't felt going into any FBS level game before except maybe Oregon State. We're going to win. No if's, and's, or but's... Georgia Southern is going to win this game. So, I'm officially calling it, right here. My next question is who'd with me? Is anyone else willing to stick their neck out and say, without any doubt that they too believe we will win this game?

Before you make your decision, I'd like to remind you of a story. The story of Henry the 5th. Who after leading his troops on a lengthy campaign in France, was ready to head home... troops beaten, injured, lacking food and water, only to be cornered by the French before they could get to their ships. Realizing his troops were down, Henry V stood up and delivered one of the most epic, morale-boosting speeches of all time. Outnumbered 6 men to 1, Henry V led the charge against the more powerful French by utilizing guerrilla tactics and trickery. In the end, the French surrender and Henry V and his men return home where Henry V is named King of England.

I know we're beaten... I know we're bruised... but so are the Gators. They are NOT the juggernaut program many seem to think they are. Quite frankly, I don't care what conference they play in, who they've beaten, or how big their stadium is. They put their jorts on like we put on our pants... one leg at a time! And they will be defeated on Saturday.

So I ask... who's with me!?!?!

Large Marge
19th November 2013, 07:35 AM
Crack is whack.

ValleyBoy
19th November 2013, 07:37 AM
ValleyBoy. Now go post this on there message board.

Buzz Killington
19th November 2013, 07:42 AM
I have a feeling about this week. Something I haven't felt going into any FBS level game before except maybe Oregon State. We're going to win. No if's, and's, or but's... Georgia Southern is going to win this game. So, I'm officially calling it, right here. My next question is who'd with me? Is anyone else willing to stick their neck out and say, without any doubt that they too believe we will win this game?

Before you make your decision, I'd like to remind you of a story. The story of Henry the 5th. Who after leading his troops on a lengthy campaign in France, was ready to head home... troops beaten, injured, lacking food and water, only to be cornered by the French before they could get to their ships. Realizing his troops were down, Henry V stood up and delivered one of the most epic, morale-boosting speeches of all time. Outnumbered 6 men to 1, Henry V led the charge against the more powerful French by utilizing guerrilla tactics and trickery. In the end, the French surrender and Henry V and his men return home where Henry V is named King of England.

I know we're beaten... I know we're bruised... but so are the Gators. They are NOT the juggernaut program many seem to think they are. Quite frankly, I don't care what conference they play in, who they've beaten, or how big their stadium is. They put their jorts on like we put on our pants... one leg at a time! And they will be defeated on Saturday.

Like I said in the other thread...GSU wins 20-17. Take it to the bank.

SigEp614
19th November 2013, 08:00 AM
I predicted we'd lose in the other thread, but the more I think about it, the more I think we have a great shot.

27-21 GSU

As much **** as I've been talking to the local UF fans, you'd think WE were the juggernaut

BuzzEagle
19th November 2013, 08:05 AM
People I have talked to in Augusta say that they think we will win. I don't know if they are hoping for this because of their hatred for Florida. If Jerrick and Kevin are both healthy and we don't turn the ball over, we win 24-17.

garns 4
19th November 2013, 08:17 AM
per todays paper #1 is still very "ginger" on the ankle. If we win, it will go down as the grittiest GSU victory of ALL time., Just saying. We will fight our butts off but this season I'm just not very confident. The KEY will be can Ellison throw the ball with pinpoint accuracy to wideouts that run great routes? There will be times we will HAVE to throw, throw WELL and we could be in the ball game.

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 08:17 AM
Think of all the FCS schools that have beaten FBS schools we never played a perfect complete game or got the breaks we needed. Gators going down 20-17 like buzz said I think koo nails a 40 yard Feild goal with time running off for the win!!

garns 4
19th November 2013, 08:19 AM
per todays paper #1 is still very "ginger" on the ankle. If we win, it will go down as the grittiest GSU victory of ALL time., Just saying. We will fight our butts off but this season I'm just not very confident. The KEY will be can Ellison throw the ball with pinpoint accuracy to wideouts that run great routes? There will be times we will HAVE to throw, throw WELL and we could be in the ball game.One of the reasons we showed so well versus Bama, Jaybo threw some successful passes to keep Bama's defense somewhat honest.

Hail The Blue
19th November 2013, 08:25 AM
Puff and pass, yall are clearly hogging it all.

GaSou93
19th November 2013, 08:26 AM
One of the reasons we showed so well versus Bama, Jaybo threw some successful passes to keep Bama's defense somewhat honest.

nm

oldfart
19th November 2013, 08:29 AM
Anyone know the line?

The_Prez
19th November 2013, 08:32 AM
Anyone know the line?

Florida - 30 1/2

Klak
19th November 2013, 08:37 AM
Florida - 30 1/2

Seriously? LOL

pete4256
19th November 2013, 08:41 AM
One of the reasons we showed so well versus Bama, Jaybo threw some successful passes to keep Bama's defense somewhat honest.

Unless I'm getting old and foggy, Jaybo completed one pass that game.

Joseph
19th November 2013, 08:41 AM
I'm sticking to 38-17. I wish I was as confident as you all. I'll be there getting loud either way though.

garns 4
19th November 2013, 08:52 AM
Unless I'm getting old and foggy, Jaybo completed one pass that game.I'm foggier than you pete, but I think it was a TD?, point is if they play 9 in the box with absolutely NO respect for the pass we'll be in trouble(see GT, teams daring them to beat them with the pass).

garns 4
19th November 2013, 08:53 AM
Florida - 30 1/2EEEEK!, that's NO respect.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 08:55 AM
I'm foggier than you pete, but I think it was a TD?, point is if they play 9 in the box with absolutely NO respect for the pass we'll be in trouble(see GT, teams daring them to beat them with the pass).

I think it was the 39 yard TD to Bryant. But it wasn't "some lasers." Don't even get me started on the inaccuracies in the Henry V narrative. ;)

GSUfanforever
19th November 2013, 08:57 AM

+1

garns 4
19th November 2013, 08:59 AM
I think it was the 39 yard TD to Bryant. But it wasn't "some lasers." Don't even get me started on the inaccuracies in the Henry V narrative. ;)BUT, it was a pass, a TD pass, and a pass, not some bubble screen(of course, now that I think about it, one or 2 bubble screens may come in handy this Sat., wheres Half?)

eaglewraith
19th November 2013, 09:08 AM
BUT, it was a pass, a TD pass, and a pass, not some bubble screen(of course, now that I think about it, one or 2 bubble screens may come in handy this Sat., wheres Half?)

Our first play against Elon was a fake rocket toss into a bubble screen. Went for 9 yards too.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 09:12 AM
BUT, it was a pass, a TD pass, and a pass, not some bubble screen(of course, now that I think about it, one or 2 bubble screens may come in handy this Sat., wheres Half?)

No denying that. My quibble was with "some," and also with the idea that we kept their defense honest with a 1-5 day from our starter.

CB EAGLE
19th November 2013, 09:13 AM
I think you've forgotten how bad we are.

garns 4
19th November 2013, 09:13 AM
Our first play against Elon was a fake rocket toss into a bubble screen. Went for 9 yards too.I don't think we need to get "pass happy", just happy with our pass.(make them count).

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 09:17 AM
jerick is fine and will pay..what do you really expect the paper to say? We arent going to publically let muschamp know who is playing but either way jerrick is an NFL prospect running back..they are going to prep for him anyway. Even if he isnt 100% a shot or two of cortisol and he will be. You guys that don`t think we have a shot are really need to come out of the SEC closet before you get to exposed

GaSou93
19th November 2013, 09:21 AM
No denying that. My quibble was with "some," and also with the idea that we kept their defense honest with a 1-5 day from our starter.

Forgive some of us for not having the friggin' play-chart from that game memorized.... gees.

GSUsoringeagle
19th November 2013, 09:22 AM
I feel as if GSU could win this game and not because we are supposed to win. I always feel this way no matter who we play. Someday we will pull off the upset so why not this Saturday. GO EAGLES!!!!

garns 4
19th November 2013, 09:25 AM
jerick is fine and will pay..what do you really expect the paper to say? We arent going to publically let muschamp know who is playing but either way jerrick is an NFL prospect running back..they are going to prep for him anyway. Even if he isnt 100% a shot or two of cortisol and he will be. You guys that don`t think we have a shot are really need to come out of the SEC closet before you get to exposedyou really think #1 is an NFL RB prospect?, I love the young man but I'm not sure about NFL, would love to see him get a shot but at best I see him going as an undrafted free agent.

Tampa_Jax_Eagle
19th November 2013, 09:37 AM
I just don't see it mainly because I just don't think we can match up with them physically. We are just too small on defense to stop them running the ball right down our throats and we don't have the offense this year to outscore them. Yes I don think they will score on us even though they haven't done that much all season.

oldfart
19th November 2013, 09:37 AM
you really think #1 is an NFL RB prospect?, I love the young man but I'm not sure about NFL, would love to see him get a shot but at best I see him going as an undrafted free agent.

I think Arena or Canadian is his best hope. Jerick is a great athlete but if JF can't make it in the NFL, don't hold your breath on Jerick.

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 09:53 AM
you really think #1 is an NFL RB prospect?, I love the young man but I'm not sure about NFL, would love to see him get a shot but at best I see him going as an undrafted free agent.

I know he is 19 NFL teams have contacted him so far. Lets see 4.4 speed, 215lbs ( right now ) benches 475, squats 600-700 I think after pro day he will get drafted he is an absolute stud...are you serious garns?!

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 10:01 AM
I think Arena or Canadian is his best hope. Jerick is a great athlete but if JF can't make it in the NFL, don't hold your breath on Jerick.

old fart people woul dhave said the same about jj..there is a reason " 19 " NFL teams have contacted him and it isn`t to talk about the canadian league. This guy isn`t 174lbs like foster he was 225 before the camp he bulked up and lost alot of his mass. Keep in mind on his frame that is a bull..he can make it as much as any other RB in the NFL.

BuzzEagle
19th November 2013, 10:04 AM
I'm pretty sure Jerrick is viewed with more value than JF was. His size does not limit him nearly as much as it does JF. Jerrick will have an pro day that will match up with any ones. Also, I would think the success of JJ and Darius can't hurt.

SigEp614
19th November 2013, 10:05 AM
I know he is 19 NFL teams have contacted him so far. Lets see 4.4 speed, 215lbs ( right now ) benches 475, squats 600-700 I think after pro day he will get drafted he is an absolute stud...are you serious garns?!

He definitely has NFL measurable. Hopefully someone gives him a shot

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 10:44 AM
http://www.gseagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=538

5'9 215 and this taylor for florida som eof you SEC homers keep lusting over is 5-10 214

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:02 AM

Absolutely. It's not likely that he'll get drafted, but his combination of strength, pad level, and quick feet is pretty special.

If Jerick can run a legit sub 4.55, he'll get a real shot. His only real shortcoming is his lack of natural elusiveness in the open field, and I don't think that's as important as having the athletic ability (and learning ability) to carry out assignments as a RB or slot receiver in any offense.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:04 AM

Jayson was 5'7" 170 lbs. There was no way he was gonna play in the NFL at that size. Not in 2008.

Plus, Jayson wasn't a very good receiver. Jerick is probably better at that than Jayson was.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:07 AM
http://www.gseagles.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=538

5'9 215 and this taylor for florida som eof you SEC homers keep lusting over is 5-10 214

Somehow--and I don't understand how--a player's frame comes into play. AP never looked small at GSU, and he didn't "measure" small at 5'10" 212. However, he looked tiny in the NFL . . . except those monstrous arms. He simply had a more compact frame than comparable backs. I don't know if that hurt him, but it was strange.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:08 AM
Forgive some of us for not having the friggin' play-chart from that game memorized.... gees.

You're running with the big dogs now. ;)

eaglesrthe1
19th November 2013, 11:10 AM
Jayson was 5'7" 170 lbs. There was no way he was gonna play in the NFL at that size. Not in 2008.

Plus, Jayson wasn't a very good receiver. Jerick is probably better at that than Jayson was.

Only thing that kept Foster out of the NFL was his hands.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:13 AM
Only thing that kept Foster out of the NFL was his hands.

Like I said, Jerick has better skills as a receiver than Jayson had.

Size and hands were a lethal combo. If Foster had Wes Welker hands, he would have been . . . well, a more explosive Wes Welker.

If he'd had Jerick McKinnon's size, he would've been LaDanian Tomlinson.

Gsuwinsudont
19th November 2013, 11:14 AM
Our first play against Elon was a fake rocket toss into a bubble screen. Went for 9 yards too.

Was a pretty sweet play too. These are the constraint plays we've been missing.

half-n-half
19th November 2013, 11:21 AM
Like I said, Jerick has better skills as a receiver than Jayson had.

Base on? I seem to remember McKinnon displaying some stone hands in his career. I believe Jaybo would have had 2 completions against Bama if not for a McKinnon drop. But just like Foster I don't blame him. Tough to be good at something you don't practice.

The biggest thing with McKinnon is how quickly he can learn. Let's be honest, outside of putting on muscle, nothing he has done in the past 4 years has made him NFL ready. He's going to be forced to learn to do a lot of things in a couple months that the players he will be competing against for a roster spot have been doing for years.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:35 AM
Base on? I seem to remember McKinnon displaying some stone hands in his career. I believe Jaybo would have had 2 completions against Bama if not for a McKinnon drop. But just like Foster I don't blame him. Tough to be good at something you don't practice.

The biggest thing with McKinnon is how quickly he can learn. Let's be honest, outside of putting on muscle, nothing he has done in the past 4 years has made him NFL ready. He's going to be forced to learn to do a lot of things in a couple months that the players he will be competing against for a roster spot have been doing for years.

I base this on McKinnon being the primary target in two-minute drill situations as a sophomore. I don't think they'd have looked his way first otherwise, not with Bryant, Wilcox, Showers, Williford, Barker, Sumner, and Walker on the roster.

I do remember the drops, but I also remember the great catch against UTC (with a broken hand, no less) on which he landed flat on his back.

But you're right; he had some key drops, too. I'm not making the claim based on anything that Jerick's done as much as on what I saw out of Foster playing the better part of two seasons as a WR. Jayson wasn't strong enough to get physical with defenders, he had fairly bad hands, and his route running was questionable. I would assume that Jerick is better in all three respects. But you know what they say about assumptions.

Honestly, I'm really surprised Jerick didn't go to a CUSA school to play slot receiver in a pass-heavy offense. Until he got so big, I thought that was his natural position (considering his athletic tools).

gsu2583
19th November 2013, 11:36 AM
Suddenly.... A draft thread.

kdarnell233
19th November 2013, 11:37 AM
I just don't see it. Florida is better than any team we've played this year by far. We've won 1 game on the road this year, and have got beaten by two scores in every other road game. I can see the first half being close, but Florida should take this one by a few scores

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:40 AM

That's true, and that's why he'll need to run a fast 40 (which I'm not sure he'll do). That said, he has done his share of blocking, route running, etc. He's been exposed to--if not mastered--a lot of techniques that he wouldn't have worked on if he'd played nothing but QB. He won't be starting from scratch.

That's why I'm hopeful that he can run well at pro day and camp, catch on, and focus on one thing . . . maybe becoming a third-down back? Although I would think pass protection would be his biggest challenge and most unfamiliar skill.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 11:40 AM
Suddenly.... A draft thread.

Well, we could be talking about Henry V.

OneMoreTime
19th November 2013, 11:46 AM
I'm in, what the hell. We got to play the game, we might as well win it.

Pike51
19th November 2013, 12:01 PM
Well, we could be talking about Henry V.

Perhaps you'd prefer to start your own thread and talk about something of interest to you?

BLUETIDE95
19th November 2013, 12:03 PM
Perhaps you'd prefer to start your own thread and talk about something of interest to you?

You're off your gluten-free diet, aren't you?

Pike51
19th November 2013, 12:04 PM
You're off your gluten-free diet, aren't you?'

No... just think there are a few people around here who need to see a proctologist and have the lead pipe removed ASAP.

CB EAGLE
19th November 2013, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't be too sure of JMs fourty time. To be honest, I have no idea what it is, but people talking anything in the 4.4 rage are nuts in my opinion. Probably the same people who said JJ would run a 4.4 last year. I don't think people realize how freakishly fast anything that starts with 4.4 is on a laser timed 40.

That being said, you don't need 4.4 speed to be an NFL RB. If he can run sub 4.6 and does well in the other drills, I think he's got a shot.

Buzz Killington
19th November 2013, 12:22 PM
Jayson Foster was AT BEST an average WR.

Jerick McKinnon is more versatile but NOBODY was as elusive a runner as Foster. Perhaps the most gifted player with the ball IN HIS HANDS to ever play at GSU. His frame was his biggest deterrent to being able to effectively play as many positions as McKinnon.

BillyBob
19th November 2013, 12:55 PM
FWIW, Josh Buchanan has said that JM will get a combine invite and be a draft pick.

garns 4
19th November 2013, 02:33 PM
Somehow--and I don't understand how--a player's frame comes into play. AP never looked small at GSU, and he didn't "measure" small at 5'10" 212. However, he looked tiny in the NFL . . . except those monstrous arms. He simply had a more compact frame than comparable backs. I don't know if that hurt him, but it was strange.IMO, AP's lack of "pro"speed kept him from being a great NFL back.

garns 4
19th November 2013, 02:44 PM

The biggest thing with McKinnon is how quickly he can learn. Let's be honest, outside of putting on muscle, nothing he has done in the past 4 years has made him NFL ready. He's going to be forced to learn to do a lot of things in a couple months that the players he will be competing against for a roster spot have been doing for years.I'm concerned about his "power" when hitting the hole straight on, very few of those little guys in NFL, the little guy with the Saints who started his career with I think the chargers, now that's one little tough guy. Look guys, I'm not rooting against #1, heck I love the kid, BUT you just don't make the NFL, those guys are special, some of you thought man-bear-pig was the "L"word for making the NFL but when he got up there, his weaknesses stood out like a sore thumb, same with Foster(small hands). In some ways AP too(lack of speed), even though AP had a good pro career.

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 02:50 PM
I'm concerned about his "power" when hitting the hole straight on, very few of those little guys in NFL, the little guy with the Saints who started his career with I think the chargers, now that's one little tough guy. Look guys, I'm not rooting against #1, heck I love the kid, BUT you just don't make the NFL, those guys are special, some of you thought man-bear-pig was the "L"word for making the NFL but when he got up there, his weaknesses stood out like a sore thumb, same with Foster(small hands). In some ways AP too(lack of speed), even though AP had a good pro career.

Whether jerrick has a long or succesful career in the NFL is a question I am simply saying he will get picked up by someone if he goes to the combine look out because his skillsets and strength in the weightroom is freaky and could get " national " attention at the combine.

gsu2583
19th November 2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah, the Florida game....

garns 4
19th November 2013, 02:54 PM
Whether jerrick has a long or succesful career in the NFL is a question I am simply saying he will get picked up by someone if he goes to the combine look out because his skillsets and strength in the weightroom is freaky and could get " national " attention at the combine.One thing we KNOW about #1, his positive attitude, personality are big +++'s. He's had a "clean" college career. And I do think, like what someone else posted, him having been teammates with JJ and Eubanks is a plus(all out of the same mold).

garns 4
19th November 2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah, the Florida game....I wish, I wish, I wish.....but I don't see it happening.

swat_gsu
19th November 2013, 02:57 PM
You guys do realize our strength coach had to stop him at the 475 range on bench so he wouldn`t hurt himself. Guys this is not " really good " or impressive this is phenomenal he may can get more reps of 225 than anyone in the country will easily be top 5 and he is not a defensive tackle. This kind of stuff with a good 40 time will make scouts drule all over themselves. He will be a project like half and garns and many more have said he has a learning curve but the guy has done everything but punt and kick the ball for us and there is something to be said about that. Also he has the highest score on the hand eye coordination test that dr. horace deal does than " any " athlete at georgia southern. Many do not realize just how special he was and is as far as an athlete

pete4256
19th November 2013, 03:01 PM

Hell, count me in as one of the happy few who'd go once more into the breach on a Henry V thread. Intetesting story: bad influences, dynamic character development, tragic end, etc.

I just didn't think anyone else would find that an interesting conversation.

On the other hand, we could be talking about the UF game. But really . . . What's left to say?

pete4256
19th November 2013, 03:05 PM
IMO, AP's lack of "pro"speed kept him from being a great NFL back.

Yep. Also, while he still had the balance and great stiff arm, for some reason it didn't break NFL safeties in half. Still, he had just one real shot before he started losing his legs, and he got hurt. Man, I love AP, though.

EagleTrump
19th November 2013, 03:08 PM

Jerrick the QB, Valdon and Ellison,
Gebhardt and Safford, Devin Scott and Huggins-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Statesboro now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Pike51
19th November 2013, 03:13 PM
Jerrick the QB, Valdon and Ellison,
Gebhardt and Safford, Devin Scott and Huggins-
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb’red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Statesboro now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

This guy gets it!!

pete4256
19th November 2013, 03:13 PM
Jayson Foster was AT BEST an average WR.

Jerick McKinnon is more versatile but NOBODY was as elusive a runner as Foster. Perhaps the most gifted player with the ball IN HIS HANDS to ever play at GSU. His frame was his biggest deterrent to being able to effectively play as many positions as McKinnon.

Yep. Too bad Jerick doesn't have those kind of moves. If he did, though, he probably wouldn't be in Statesboro. He'd be off doing his Barry Sanders thing somewhere else.

My one concern is his top end speed. He glides so much it's hard to tell if he's a 4.6+ guy or 4.5 guy. Since he's not super elusive in the open, that matters.

Otherwise, getting a shot depends largely on the measurables. He's definitely got those. If Fabian Truss keeps getting touted as an NFL back, I don't see McKinnon missing out on an opportunity (at least). You just don't see a combination of those feet, that physique, and that pad level very often.

pete4256
19th November 2013, 03:16 PM
This guy gets it!!

Well, it should be muddy in the Swamp, but all resemblance to Agincourt ends there . . . Unless we bring our archers. Hmm . . .

garns 4
19th November 2013, 03:17 PM
Yep. Also, while he still had the balance and great stiff arm, for some reason it didn't break NFL safeties in half. Still, he had just one real shot before he started losing his legs, and he got hurt. Man, I love AP, though.+1000, one of a kind(with KIND being the key word)

garns 4
19th November 2013, 03:19 PM
RAGE, RAGE against the night, DONT go silently into that night.

Pike51
19th November 2013, 03:26 PM
RAGE, RAGE against the night, DONT go silently into that night.

Dylan Thomas? Really? We're talking about Henry V and you're quoting Dylan Thomas? That's like talking about Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time baby!

pete4256
19th November 2013, 03:32 PM
Dylan Thomas? Really? We're talking about Henry V and you're quoting Dylan Thomas? That's like talking about Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time baby!

So, who's our King Harry? Monken? Does that make PJ Falstaff? Or is he Henry IV?

Is such banter a bannable offence?

garns 4
19th November 2013, 03:42 PM
GUYS!!!, I'm not an English Lit. kinda guy.....jeeeeeeezzz.

EagleSC
19th November 2013, 03:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GFw9AP5q0Pw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We waited together for the cowards to come
Outgunned and outnumbered but we wouldn’t run
No mercy, no quarter
They’ll pay for their sins
Now lower the cannons the battle begins

We weighed anchor in anger, set sail for revenge
Hoisted the canvas turned her into the wind
We’ll hang ‘em high for justice and the whole world will see
Now off with their heads boys and bring ‘em to me

No mercy, no quarter

We’ll rattle the sabers for the tyrants’ demise
Feed half to sharks and the rest to the flies
An honorable death for you would be too nice
I’d like to savor the moment and kill you twice

No mercy, no quarter

pete4256
19th November 2013, 03:51 PM
GUYS!!!, I'm not an English Lit. kinda guy.....jeeeeeeezzz.

Blame Pike.

garns 4
19th November 2013, 05:34 PM
Blame Pike.I usually do.

oldfart
19th November 2013, 06:46 PM

You guys need to get a room

garns 4
19th November 2013, 06:51 PM
You guys need to get a roomYah, I know Old Fart, way, way to much cheese talk for my liking. For a minute there I thought I stumbled into a Furman tailgate.

Eaglerado
19th November 2013, 07:36 PM
IMO, AP's lack of "pro"speed kept him from being a great NFL back.

I think it was simply the lack of them handing him the ball

Walt3412
19th November 2013, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't be too sure of JMs fourty time. To be honest, I have no idea what it is, but people talking anything in the 4.4 rage are nuts in my opinion. Probably the same people who said JJ would run a 4.4 last year. I don't think people realize how freakishly fast anything that starts with 4.4 is on a laser timed 40.

That being said, you don't need 4.4 speed to be an NFL RB. If he can run sub 4.6 and does well in the other drills, I think he's got a shot.

There were also people saying Eubanks couldn't break 4.6, which he did easily. I suspect McKinnon will come in around 4.5.

pete4256
20th November 2013, 10:44 AM
There were also people saying Eubanks couldn't break 4.6, which he did easily. I suspect McKinnon will come in around 4.5.

That was me. Darius never looked THAT fast on the field. I hope McKinnon runs well. He's another guy whose speed is difficult to gauge. By the time he gets in the open field, he's usually already made a couple of cuts and run through a tackle or two. ;)

GSU_Mike
20th November 2013, 11:04 AM
"Back For More" - 5FDP

Let's get it on!
It's time to get in the game,
You gotta fight 'til it hurts and then you do it again
Let's tear it up!
I'm staying straight to the core, ain't no room for second place, go big or go home!

Rise!
It's dog eat dog
Rise!
Man versus beast
Rise!
The strong will survive
Rise!
I've got no time for the weak

It's time to rise up, man up, get back up, never been and won't be broken
Dust off and then come back for more
You've gotta reach down, dig deep, and break ground,
Show them all you won't be beaten
Brush it off and then come back for more!
Come back for more

It's do or die!
Time to settle the score, gotta give it all you got and then you give it some more
There will be blood
You've gotta fight 'til you break, talk a lot of trash and step up to the plate

Rise!
Refuse to give in
Rise!
Ashes to dust
Rise!
Make 'em remember your name
Rise!
'cause in yourself you can trust

Brush it off and then come back for more!
Come back for more

Rah!

Brush it off and then come back for more
Come back for more

Rah!

Gsuwinsudont
20th November 2013, 11:22 AM
“Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. “Mankind.” That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night!” We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”

;)

The_Prez
20th November 2013, 11:22 AM
Spider-Man

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spiderman.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spiderman.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
Wealth and fame
He's ingnored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider man.

Gsuwinsudont
20th November 2013, 11:26 AM
In before Ralze posts.....well you know what he will post.

GSUNCSU
20th November 2013, 11:28 AM
In before Ralze posts.....well you know what he will post."Nuts"

Pike51
20th November 2013, 11:32 AM
You guys... you sooooooo funny.

Buzz Killington
20th November 2013, 12:37 PM
This thread has officially jumped the shark.

1peatfor7
20th November 2013, 01:12 PM
http://www.wnd.com/files/2012/04/fonzie-jump-the-shark.jpg

http://gyazo.com/a3b28ebe5f69160073e3e4f7f5f2fdb2.png

oldfart
20th November 2013, 02:42 PM
This thread has officially jumped the shark.

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/11/sharknado.jpg

BillyBob
20th November 2013, 02:52 PM
Well now yall dun went and did it...into Talon Talk with this thread.

half-n-half
20th November 2013, 05:42 PM
In before Ralze posts.....well you know what he will post.

Ralze is a little preoccupied. He joined the "no sleep for a while club" on Monday....also known as parenthood.

Dave.
20th November 2013, 06:46 PM
Ralze is a little preoccupied. He joined the "no sleep for a while club" on Monday....also known as parenthood.

Well that was dumb.

EagleTrump
21st November 2013, 09:59 AM

Excuses...I'm still here. My wife still ain't happy about it but I'm still here.

SigEp614
21st November 2013, 12:18 PM
These guys seem to be a little more worried

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=278307

BLUETIDE95
21st November 2013, 03:49 PM
These guys seem to be a little more worried

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=278307

This one pretty much sums up the Gators' attitude this week. Except the FSU part, I think mostly they think they'll lose to FSU [too].

I'm calling this a very close game that we might very well lose. We just came off an emotional, hard fought loss at USC, sandwiched before the FSU game, against a team that will chip you and cut your legs out, where you have to play fundamental football???

Let me prepare everyone for an embarrassing loss. It's going to suck hard but it will make beating FSU that much sweeter.

Hail The Blue
21st November 2013, 04:16 PM
Someone should sign up for their boards and post our highlight clip against alabama, nick saban's press conference, and the clip of will muschamp stopping saban from scheduling us. And they we can all sit back and watch the bickering and self hating continue.

EagleTrump
23rd November 2013, 07:40 AM
We're off by a month but here's that Henry V speech to get us a little fired up on gameday.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OAvmLDkAgAM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

garns 4
23rd November 2013, 08:57 AM
Ralze is a little preoccupied. He joined the "no sleep for a while club" on Monday....also known as parenthood.Didnt get a chance earlier to tell you Ralze, WAY TO GO, another Eagle has landed!(smile).

EagleTrump
23rd November 2013, 05:30 PM
Pike got it right! Any gut feelings on the powerball numbers?

cannonballgsu
23rd November 2013, 05:54 PM
I have a feeling about this week. Something I haven't felt going into any FBS level game before except maybe Oregon State. We're going to win. No if's, and's, or but's... Georgia Southern is going to win this game. So, I'm officially calling it, right here. My next question is who'd with me? Is anyone else willing to stick their neck out and say, without any doubt that they too believe we will win this game? Before you make your decision, I'd like to remind you of a story. The story of Henry the 5th. Who after leading his troops on a lengthy campaign in France, was ready to head home... troops beaten, injured, lacking food and water, only to be cornered by the French before they could get to their ships. Realizing his troops were down, Henry V stood up and delivered one of the most epic, morale-boosting speeches of all time. Outnumbered 6 men to 1, Henry V led the charge against the more powerful French by utilizing guerrilla tactics and trickery. In the end, the French surrender and Henry V and his men return home where Henry V is named King of England. I know we're beaten... I know we're bruised... but so are the Gators. They are NOT the juggernaut program many seem to think they are. Quite frankly, I don't care what conference they play in, who they've beaten, or how big their stadium is. They put their jorts on like we put on our pants... one leg at a time! And they will be defeated on Saturday. So I ask... who's with me!?!?!

What are tomorrow's lottery numbers?

Pike51
23rd November 2013, 06:37 PM
All those who laughed at me... inhale vigorosuly on that!

G A T A !

GSCBBA1987
23rd November 2013, 07:02 PM

G A T A !

You would have a better chance of sleeping inside tonight if you were a rescue puppy.......

Pike51
23rd November 2013, 07:15 PM
You would have a better chance of sleeping inside tonight if you were a rescue puppy.......

Yeah... Dr Mrs Pike is pissed. Ive already offered to rub her shoulders just so Im kot in the garage.

Pike51
23rd November 2013, 07:17 PM

Hmmmm...

GSCBBA1987
23rd November 2013, 07:20 PM
Yeah... Dr Mrs Pike is pissed. Ive already offered to rub her shoulders just so Im kot in the garage.

You will probably have better luck if you rub her feet. That usually gets you more mileage.

garns 4
23rd November 2013, 07:20 PM

So I ask... who's with me!?!?!The man, the myth, the PIKE.....Way to believe my friend, I'm happy for all the GSU alumni that are honest GSU fans!

Hail The Blue
23rd November 2013, 08:24 PM
Hmmmm...

Dang.

ValleyBoy
23rd November 2013, 08:33 PM
I'm sitting here in New Orleans in hotel room CRYING tears of JOY for these seniors and this team and coaching staff. 3 straight years semi's of FCS, some fans suggesting these kids didnt have heart, that these kids were "chokers", #1 didnt care, all that crap. Well, WAVE THE BLACK FLAG boys, these kids will always be able to say they were the 1st GSU team to beat a FBS team. Over 400 yds RUSHING. #1, a warrior, Banks, a warrior, our many injured O-line men. Our defense, who even I knocked a bit this season, came through BIG. JUST SO PROUD to be an Eagle Fan. GOD BLESS these boys. They brought GSU football back. Man, Garns has got to stop crying!
http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30398

Pike51
23rd November 2013, 10:01 PM
Dang.

Love ya bro! No homo.

EagleTrump
24th November 2013, 01:10 AM
http://forum.gatorsports.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30398

so Florida lost to a division 2 football team without even a two star recruit

GreatAppSt
24th November 2013, 11:14 AM
Hell of a Call there Pik awesome job.

GATA
24th November 2013, 01:34 PM
This thread needs to be archived

SigEp614
24th November 2013, 07:21 PM
I predicted we'd lose in the other thread, but the more I think about it, the more I think we have a great shot.

27-21 GSU

As much **** as I've been talking to the local UF fans, you'd think WE were the juggernaut

Holy crap I was close

BuzzEagle
24th November 2013, 10:25 PM
People I have talked to in Augusta say that they think we will win. I don't know if they are hoping for this because of their hatred for Florida. If Jerrick and Kevin are both healthy and we don't turn the ball over, we win 24-17.
I was off by a total of five points, I'll take it!

OneMoreTime
25th November 2013, 02:29 PM

G A T A !

I give you all the credit, great call. I was one of the only other people to agree with you.

Pike51
25th November 2013, 02:39 PM
I give you all the credit, great call. I was one of the only other people to agree with you.

Oh, we have the documentation in this thread of those who were on board. :) And we know who thought we were crazy!

aristocracker
25th November 2013, 03:48 PM

Awesome call!

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2013/11/25/b61e665c-33fa-4fb9-8bd4-13ec8cabd161.jpg

GSUNCSU
26th November 2013, 12:15 PM
Awesome call! hey I picked us to win too. I also picked Pike and 1peat to rush the field and tear down the goal posts and for Buzz to get knocked down by the UF band. I got the first any confirmation on the other two?

Pike51
26th November 2013, 12:51 PM
hey I picked us to win too. I also picked Pike and 1peat to rush the field and tear down the goal posts and for Buzz to get knocked down by the UF band. I got the first any confirmation on the other two?

I was unable to rush the field because Dr Mrs Gator Fan was not happy and she left immediately as the clock hit all 0's. Unfortunately, although I had the car keys, she had the shuttle tickets... so I snapped a few pictures and then had to run out before she left me.

I can confirm that 1peat and several other forum members performed shirtless hugs post game and were nearly arrested for indecent exposure on more than one occasion.

ValleyBoy
26th November 2013, 12:59 PM
I was unable to rush the field because Dr Mrs Gator Fan was not happy and she left immediately as the clock hit all 0's. Unfortunately, although I had the car keys, she had the shuttle tickets... so I snapped a few pictures and then had to run out before she left me.

I can confirm that 1peat and several other forum members performed shirtless hugs post game and were nearly arrested for indecent exposure on more than one occasion.

Dam Mitch Pike when are you going to learn to hold on to your on shuttle ticket. You aught to have know she was going to be one pissed off doctor at the end of the game.

Joseph
26th November 2013, 01:59 PM
I'm sticking to 38-17. I wish I was as confident as you all. I'll be there getting loud either way though.

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

eaglewithabus
27th November 2013, 09:19 AM
Sorry, I just realized this thread was moved to talon talk.... been wanting to give Pike an attaboy!

Pike51
27th November 2013, 09:41 AM
I think you've forgotten how bad we are.

Well?

Pike51
27th November 2013, 09:43 AM
I just don't see it. Florida is better than any team we've played this year by far. We've won 1 game on the road this year, and have got beaten by two scores in every other road game. I can see the first half being close, but Florida should take this one by a few scores

Interesting...

Pike51
27th November 2013, 09:45 AM
Crack is whack.

Ban yourself. :)

TransAmBison
27th November 2013, 10:57 AM
Here's your shot to make your last year in the FCS memorable. You know they are overlooking you...make them pay!! Good luck, I'll be cheering for ya!

I guess this doesn't count as calling the shot, but I sure didn't count you out. I sure am happy for you guys, even if I'm gonna have to deal with hearing, "buttgators," from now on... :)

Pike51
27th November 2013, 11:08 AM
I guess this doesn't count as calling the shot, but I sure didn't count you out. I sure am happy for you guys, even if I'm gonna have to deal with hearing, "buttgators," from now on... :)

Hmmm... however, you had more faith in us than some of our fans. :) Butt-NOTHING!

TransAmBison
27th November 2013, 11:28 AM
Hmmm... however, you had more faith in us than some of our fans. :) Butt-NOTHING!http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Florida.jpg

What I didn't know is that you were so good you made at least one fan out of the opposing team...or do your guys use the force? "This is not the team you play for..."

oldfart
27th November 2013, 11:53 AM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Florida.jpg

What I didn't know is that you were so good you made at least one fan out of the opposing team...or do your guys use the force? "This is not the team you play for..."

The video set to music is awesome

Pike51
27th November 2013, 12:17 PM
http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt4/bobjohnson_03/Florida.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened to our player in the upper left? That's a serious face plant.

1peatfor7
27th November 2013, 12:50 PM
I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened to our player in the upper left? That's a serious face plant.

Watch the video of the play, he changes direction which causes him to trip, then gets right up. He wasn't down for more than a second or two.

EagleBlue
2nd December 2013, 04:24 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but again against FSU.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1870826-did-florida-gators-players-block-each-other-once-again

ValleyBoy
2nd December 2013, 05:04 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but again against FSU.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1870826-did-florida-gators-players-block-each-other-once-again

They just wanted to show the new trick that they had learned just one more time this season.

Pike51
2nd December 2013, 10:53 PM
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but again against FSU. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1870826-did-florida-gators-players-block-each-other-once-again

I'm not sure anyone deserves this level of pathetic... not even GA State.

GSUNCSU
3rd December 2013, 05:08 PM
I was unable to rush the field because Dr Mrs Gator Fan was not happy and she left immediately as the clock hit all 0's. Unfortunately, although I had the car keys, she had the shuttle tickets... so I snapped a few pictures and then had to run out before she left me. I can confirm that 1peat and several other forum members performed shirtless hugs post game and were nearly arrested for indecent exposure on more than one occasion.As Pike reminded me earlier, my prediction was in my signature once we announced our move to the Sun Belt.... I WIN! Yea ME!