PDA

View Full Version : Forum Runner and other issues ....

Eagle22
22nd April 2014, 09:10 PM
Okay, I think that the Forum Runner compatibility issues are all corrected now. Seems like the versions are properly synced, and I have debugged the code that was causing the "current" button parsing error (I think), at least as verified w/ my Galaxy S4 android.

Some of you Ipad/Iphone and other device users please chime in and see if it is working again.

Thanks,

Paul

Dave.
22nd April 2014, 09:24 PM
Okay, I think that the Forum Runner compatibility issues are all corrected now. Seems like the versions are properly synced, and I have debugged the code that was causing the "current" button parsing error (I think), at least as verified w/ my Galaxy S4 android. Some of you Ipad/Iphone and other device users please chime in and see if it is working again. Thanks, Paul

Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the hard work.

cannonballgsu
22nd April 2014, 10:11 PM
Flawless on my iphone. Thanks again for all the hard work.

GSUAlumniEagle
23rd April 2014, 01:57 AM
Enduring working on my end. Thanks!

eaglewraith
7th May 2014, 12:48 PM
I'm getting a database error periodically if I edit a post. The edit is accepted and I get redirected back to my post, but I still see the error. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time.

1peatfor7
7th May 2014, 01:47 PM
I am not seeing all the forums on the app. I can't see Eagles Nest or Open Forum. Works fine in a browser on my android phone.

GSUAlumniEagle
7th May 2014, 03:27 PM
I can't see Eagles Nest or Open Forum.

What other forums are there?

southern edumacation
7th May 2014, 04:00 PM
I am not seeing all the forums on the app. I can't see Eagles Nest or Open Forum. Works fine in a browser on my android phone.

I'm seeing all the forums in the forum runner app.
running android.

Eagle22
7th May 2014, 08:57 PM
I'm getting a database error periodically if I edit a post. The edit is accepted and I get redirected back to my post, but I still see the error. I'll try to grab a screenshot next time.

Probably a mysql server problem, not a Forum Runner one.

eaglewraith
8th May 2014, 03:16 PM
Probably a mysql server problem, not a Forum Runner one.

Well the thread title includes "other issues...." :p

AugustaEagle
23rd September 2014, 06:23 PM
Anyone having issues with Forum Runner crashing when opening hyperlinks? It just started happening when I updated to iOS 8.

Eagle22
23rd September 2014, 07:47 PM
Yes, others have reported the same issue on the Eagles Nest. I'm going to take a look at the Forum Runner app to see if we have the latest revision loaded. Outside of that, not sure what else we can do at this point. Seems to be buggy for those with iOS8

cannonballgsu
23rd September 2014, 07:49 PM
Yes, others have reported the same issue on the Eagles Nest. I'm going to take a look at the Forum Runner app to see if we have the latest revision loaded. Outside of that, not sure what else we can do at this point. Seems to be buggy for those with iOS8

If it makes any difference, I've had a couple other programs continuously force close also. Running IOS8.

AugustaEagle
23rd September 2014, 07:55 PM
If it makes any difference, I've had a couple other programs continuously force close also. Running IOS8.

I've found that other forums are having similar issues, and the Forum Runner client app hasn't been updated in a long time. I'm sure an update is needed, but I'm not sure how active the developer is with this app.

eagle95
3rd November 2014, 11:35 AM
It seems that I still have some problems clicking on article links from my iphone5s. I click on most links and the forum runner app crashes. It's not 100% but is a majority of the time. I have a well maintained phone that is updated to the latest ios and am not sure if it is a forum runner issue or my phone or something else. Anybody else having similar issues?

Eagle22
3rd November 2014, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure it is the ForumRunner coding. The app developers haven't upgraded it in a while.

eagle95
3rd November 2014, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure it is the ForumRunner coding. The app developers haven't upgraded it in a while.

Thanks for the super quick response! How do we let the developers know or do they already know? Is there anything that can be done or sent to them?

1peatfor7
3rd November 2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the super quick response! How do we let the developers know or do they already know? Is there anything that can be done or sent to them?

Go into the app store, there should be a support email or twitter username, ask nicely for an update.

Eagle22
3rd November 2014, 12:30 PM
http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8937#post8937

Eagle22
3rd November 2014, 12:34 PM
Turns out VB (Vbulletin) bought out ForumRunner. I'll try to login to the VB owner forum and see what scuttlebutt is ongoing about the apple upgrades. Doesn't look or sound too promising. I remember that they had bundled it into VB 5.0, but I wasn't wild about the setup of the new software.

eagle95
3rd November 2014, 12:56 PM
Turns out VB (Vbulletin) bought out ForumRunner. I'll try to login to the VB owner forum and see what scuttlebutt is ongoing about the apple upgrades. Doesn't look or sound too promising. I remember that they had bundled it into VB 5.0, but I wasn't wild about the setup of the new software.

Ok. Thanks. Any help with the other thread I posted on this forum? It is the one about PM problems that I cannot crack or failing to see the easy solution.