PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Tech Parking

GSU92
7th September 2016, 09:22 PM
Two years ago, we pretty much took over the student center lot. Same lot is available this year as well although they increased the price on us from $30 to $40. Let's take it over again. Lots of shade and close bathrooms.

Here's the link...

https://events.lanierparking.com/ListLotSS.aspx?Event=11167&Product=10191

pleahy1
8th September 2016, 09:15 AM
https://gatech.clickandpark.com

I used this service last time. It worked really well. 25 bucks to park in any of the green lots on their map.

PrinterEagle
12th September 2016, 09:50 AM
My parents are going with me and can't walk long distances. Going with the Student Center. Looks like the easiest route to the Alumni tailgate and Bobby Dodd, hope to see others there.

GSU92
12th September 2016, 02:26 PM
I know of at least 4 of us that have bought passes so you won't be alone. Last game Tech operated a shuttle/golf cart to and from the lot as well so that would be good for your parents assuming they are still doing so.

sandeagle98
12th September 2016, 03:04 PM
Is there space at the student center for a trailer? I'll be bringing my tailgate trailer but I'm not sure where to park.

GSUfanforever
12th September 2016, 03:28 PM
Is there space at the student center for a trailer? I'll be bringing my tailgate trailer but I'm not sure where to park.

This website has it to where you can buy a spot for bus, RV or oversized vehicles:

https://gatech.clickandpark.com/

GSU92
12th September 2016, 04:11 PM
I don't believe so. From my recollection all the spots are single spots that back up to wooded islands, i.e., you couldn't pull through with it still hooked up. I suppose you might could buy two spots - one for the vehicle and another for the trailer?

Also, unless something has changed, the pass is for either a surface lot or a parking deck. The surface lot filled up first. And, the people in the deck had a much harder time getting out after the game.

EaglesDare
14th September 2016, 04:19 PM
How about directions to and from the student center lot coming from and going back to I-75 South? Took me forever last time to get back on I-75.

1peatfor7
14th September 2016, 05:12 PM
You are better off waiting 1-2 hours post game before leaving.

EaglesDare
14th September 2016, 06:35 PM
You are better off waiting 1-2 hours post game before leaving.

DoubleDare said "Thank you Captain Obvious." lol :)

1peatfor7
14th September 2016, 06:36 PM
Glad I can be of assistance ED and DD!! Unfortunately there is not a better option.

GSUEagle08
14th September 2016, 07:33 PM
How about directions to and from the student center lot coming from and going back to I-75 South? Took me forever last time to get back on I-75.

The best way will be to park near the Student Recreation Center (next to student lot). When leaving, you can take Ferst Drive to Marietta St. Take this to Ivan Allen Blvd, which connects to I-75 South. It's a good work around the main traffic on North Ave and Spring St (by The Varsity)

GSUEagle08
14th September 2016, 07:35 PM

The school changed the rules on trailers and RVs this year. In prior years, the lot was off of Tech Drive. This year all RVs and Trailers must be at the Physics Lot, which are pretty full due to the lot being smaller. If you get there early enough, The Varsity has a good lot.

EaglesDare
14th September 2016, 08:41 PM
The best way will be to park near the Student Recreation Center (next to student lot). When leaving, you can take Ferst Drive to Marietta St. Take this to Ivan Allen Blvd, which connects to I-75 South. It's a good work around the main traffic on North Ave and Spring St (by The Varsity)

Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks!