PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Platform - Speed issues

eagle95
17th January 2018, 04:46 PM
I知 experiencing some issues with speed or page refreshes being unusually slow or unresponsive. I知 accessing the site via phone and through the website and not using ForumRunner.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My other sites are acting normal. All apps on my iPhone X are acting snappy as usual. Just gsufans mobile website moving slow.

Klak
17th January 2018, 04:54 PM
I’m experiencing some issues with speed or page refreshes being unusually slow or unresponsive. I’m accessing the site via phone and through the website and not using ForumRunner.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My other sites are acting normal. All apps on my iPhone X are acting snappy as usual. Just gsufans mobile website moving slow.

It's not just mobile. I'm looking into it right now.

Klak
17th January 2018, 04:55 PM
I知 experiencing some issues with speed or page refreshes being unusually slow or unresponsive. I知 accessing the site via phone and through the website and not using ForumRunner.

eagle95
17th January 2018, 05:08 PM

Thanks brother!

eaglewraith
17th January 2018, 07:14 PM
I blame Intel.

I'm betting the Meltdown/Spectre fix messed up the server.

Klak
17th January 2018, 07:24 PM
I blame Intel.

I'm betting the Meltdown/Spectre fix messed up the server.

I can't confirm because Amazon won't confirm, but yeah, more than likely. CPU was humming right along until yesterday, then we saw about a 30% surge that our CPU Credits couldn't keep up with. (This really only makes sense if you're familiar with Amazon AWS EC2 instances.)

southern edumacation
17th January 2018, 07:31 PM
I can't confirm because Amazon won't confirm, but yeah, more than likely. CPU was humming right along until yesterday, then we saw about a 30% surge that our CPU Credits couldn't keep up with. (This really only makes sense if you're familiar with Amazon AWS EC2 instances.)

Amazon is set to make a killing off this fix for Spectre aren't they?

Klak
17th January 2018, 07:49 PM
Amazon is set to make a killing off this fix for Spectre aren't they?

Uh yeah, everyone has to basically bump up one level.

eagle95
17th January 2018, 07:59 PM
The site is running smoothly for me now. Thanks for whatever you致e done to help!