PDA

View Full Version : Ads within posts

GaSou93
31st August 2022, 03:50 PM
Is this something new? Just started noticing it today. Using the same browser (Chrome) as before. Anybody else seeing this?

edit: Nevermind... looks like my subscription lapsed. I thought it was set to auto-renew.

Walt3412
31st August 2022, 08:19 PM
Same here. I should be set for auto-renew also.

Eagle22
31st August 2022, 09:15 PM
PayPal script has been causing all sorts of issues for many months now (not charging, not resetting access) ya'll both should be good. My other issue is limited time between 6am-8pm right now to check on this stuff. Appreciate your patience.

Paul

GaSou93
31st August 2022, 09:30 PM
PayPal script has been causing all sorts of issues for many months now (not charging, not resetting access) ya'll both should be good. My other issue is limited time between 6am-8pm right now to check on this stuff. Appreciate your patience.

Paul

Thanks Paul. No worries at all. Appreciate you looking into it in your spare time.

Booster EYES
2nd September 2022, 09:26 AM
Looks like it is my renewal time. I sent the payment to you via Venmo last night. If there are any issues, please let me know.

Eagle22
2nd September 2022, 01:02 PM
Should be good to go.

hambone
4th September 2022, 11:49 AM
My renewal went through 9/1 via Paypal but I see ads/can't view Nest. No worries and no hurries, just lettin' ya know.

GSUEYES
5th September 2022, 12:12 PM
My renewal went through 9/1 via Paypal but I see ads/can't view Nest. No worries and no hurries, just lettin' ya know.

Same
can access Nest but it’s showing last post from 2021

blueapple
28th September 2022, 10:54 PM
Cannot access Nest. My annual payment is drafted.

boroeagle2
18th December 2022, 10:07 AM
My renewal was early this month and the money came out. I thought everything had still been running fine, but as of yesterday I’m seeing ads in posts and lost Nest access. Let me know. Thanks!

boroeagle2
9th September 2023, 04:43 PM
I think my payment goes out in December and I’m not having any Nest access issues, but I am seeing a lot more pop up ads the last few days, is there some kind of setting that changed?

Eagle22
10th September 2023, 09:41 AM
I think my payment goes out in December and I’m not having any Nest access issues, but I am seeing a lot more pop up ads the last few days, is there some kind of setting that changed?

If you're seeing popup ads you may want to do a virus scan. Our settings are to serve embedded ads within the pages, not pop-ups ... and those ads should only be served to those w/o the donor tab.

If you'll screen cap any ad you see like this, and email it to me at pwbsr22@gmail.com I will take a look at it and see if it is one of the campaigns that Google ads is serving, but it sounds unlikely.

boroeagle2
10th September 2023, 10:51 AM
If you're seeing popup ads you may want to do a virus scan. Our settings are to serve embedded ads within the pages, not pop-ups ... and those ads should only be served to those w/o the donor tab.

If you'll screen cap any ad you see like this, and email it to me at pwbsr22@gmail.com I will take a look at it and see if it is one of the campaigns that Google ads is serving, but it sounds unlikely.
So I used the term pop up incorrectly I think. I’m going to send you an email of what I’m seeing, because it does seem to be different lately.

BillyBob
10th September 2023, 07:45 PM
So I used the term pop up incorrectly I think. I’m going to send you an email of what I’m seeing, because it does seem to be different lately.

I had some Ashley Furniture ads like that pop up yesterday. Nothing sketchy like miracle wight loss pills or Time Share purchases or anything like that.

gsumarine
11th September 2023, 06:57 AM
I’m seeing the same thing: Ashley furniture adds that are showing up on the page whenever I click on a thread.

Eagle22
11th September 2023, 08:42 AM
Let me do some digging into this. Guess what happened when I logged onto this thread ? :)

It's not supposed to be doing this, obviously.

Eagle22
11th September 2023, 08:50 AM
I will have to play around with the AdSense settings tonight. Not sure why it is serving pop ups at the bottom. Settings were to only embed ads into the thread posts for non-subscribers.

GSUfanforever
11th September 2023, 09:42 AM
Ashley Furniture is based in Wisconsin. Clearly some game week shenanigans on their part.

Eagle22
11th September 2023, 10:30 PM
I think (emphasis on think) I have the ad setting control taken care of. Google added something called 'auto-ad' and it was bombarding every page apparently.

Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Let me know (gently, lmao)

boroeagle2
11th September 2023, 10:38 PM
I think (emphasis on think) I have the ad setting control taken care of. Google added something called 'auto-ad' and it was bombarding every page apparently.

Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Let me know (gently, lmao)
Looks back to normal to me. Thank you very much!

PowerEagle
13th September 2023, 11:58 AM
Mine looks normal too, thanks Paul.

Also, to whoever created pop-up ads, or those ads that load in and push the web page down, you deserve a swift kick in the nuts.

GaSou93
13th September 2023, 12:20 PM
Yep, everything behaving normally today. Thanks for looking into that Paul.

Raptor23
12th October 2023, 05:04 PM
thanks Paul I really appreciate all you have done for me. Raptor23

boroeagle2
17th December 2023, 09:29 PM
Starting to see ads in posts again this evening

Eagle22
17th December 2023, 10:34 PM
Starting to see ads in posts again this evening

Your renewal knocked out the subscription had to reset it, they should be gone now.

boroeagle2
17th December 2023, 10:53 PM
Your renewal knocked out the subscription had to reset it, they should be gone now.
You’re the man! Much appreciated

PowerEagle
1st January 2024, 10:38 AM
Ive got lots of ads again this am

boroeagle2
1st January 2024, 11:04 AM
Ive got lots of ads again this am
Same

Eagle22
1st January 2024, 03:09 PM
Let me know if you see any difference.

Thanks
Paul

PowerEagle
2nd March 2024, 08:59 AM
I’ve noticed the ads have had an uptick in size and appearances at bottom of posts and within posts.