PDA

View Full Version : Start time in Chapel Hill?

GSUCarroll
4th August 2009, 08:52 PM
Anyone have any insight as to when we may get a kickoff time?

Eagle22
4th August 2009, 08:56 PM
None ... I sure would like to know ... holding out on my travel arrangements until I see the kickoff time.

eaglefan04
5th August 2009, 09:00 PM
If I had to guess it would be a noon kickoff, 3pm at the very latest. Not gonna be televised so UNC can pretty much set the kickoff for when they want I'm guessing.

BrendanGS
6th August 2009, 06:53 AM
Wow! Didn't realize the Pope was a big fan of the Tar Heels! He's got his own box! :D

http://ev10.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=unc/core/seating_charts.html#2

Booster EYES
6th August 2009, 11:55 AM
Can't believe they haven't released their start times yet, even we have done that. ;)

loyaleagle
6th August 2009, 02:00 PM
If I had to guess it would be a noon kickoff, 3pm at the very latest. Not gonna be televised so UNC can pretty much set the kickoff for when they want I'm guessing.

Not saying that you are wrong, but why would there be a noon kickoff if it's not due to TV? Not that my opinion matters, but I hate that idea.

eagleskins
6th August 2009, 02:03 PM
Not saying that you are wrong, but why would there be a noon kickoff if it's not due to TV? Not that my opinion matters, but I hate that idea.

Exactly. Only Sammy Baker thinks it's good business to have a noon kickoff.

McEagle
6th August 2009, 02:41 PM

That really adds a lot to this thread?
:rolleyes:

UNCheer08
6th August 2009, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, you are probably right about no TV option for this game. Best case scenario is likely ESPN360.com.

If I had to guess, I would say a 6 PM start, as that as what we tend to do for non- TV games (ie- the Citadel this year). No one likes a noon kickoff, although noon in October in Chapel Hill should not be too bad. Our kickoff times are typically announced the Monday two weeks before each game. One way to guess where it will land is to look at all of the ACC games that weekend, and see which are the most attractive.

half-n-half
6th August 2009, 02:48 PM

Actually Mike Adams also likes noon kickoffs.

gsugt1
6th August 2009, 03:17 PM

When TV is involved only. Get your facts straight ;)

Booster EYES
6th August 2009, 03:28 PM
Skins can't let facts get in the way when it comes to his obsession with Sam, you know that, lol.

eagleskins
6th August 2009, 07:50 PM
CSS isn't TV.

eaglefan04
6th August 2009, 10:33 PM

For some reason I thought that many ACC teams do noon kickoffs. I know that many Big 10 teams do that. Maybe that's for t.v. games, I'm not sure. I hope it's not a noon game but I also hope it's not a night game. That would make the ride back the next day a little rough. I'll settle for a 3pm kickoff. Always loved those anyway.

loyaleagle
7th August 2009, 07:22 AM
For some reason I thought that many ACC teams do noon kickoffs. I know that many Big 10 teams do that. Maybe that's for t.v. games, I'm not sure. I hope it's not a noon game but I also hope it's not a night game. That would make the ride back the next day a little rough. I'll settle for a 3pm kickoff. Always loved those anyway.

I agree with 3:00, as far as I'm concerned that would be the perfect time. Are you going to call their athletic department or should I?

AcworthEagle
8th August 2009, 02:17 PM
From looking at their schedule, the first two home games are televised, one starts at noon, the other at 6. In other words, it's a crapshoot. The Home game w/ Florida State starts at 8 P. It doesn't really matter to me, as I'm leaving ATL morning of the game, and driving back right after.

half-n-half
8th August 2009, 03:08 PM
From looking at their schedule, the first two home games are televised, one starts at noon, the other at 6. In other words, it's a crapshoot. The Home game w/ Florida State starts at 8 P. It doesn't really matter to me, as I'm leaving ATL morning of the game, and driving back right after.

Now that is going to be a LONG day!

AcworthEagle
8th August 2009, 03:46 PM
Now that is going to be a LONG day!

What can I say? I'm a diehard!

GSCBBA1987
8th August 2009, 03:56 PM

After readin g this post it made me think I might try that. from my town to CH NC was 501 miles. Getting in late from an away game the night before may make that an impossibility unless I decide to fly.

blueisbest
9th August 2009, 09:48 PM
I hope it's noon so I can go and come bak that night...just a personal pref.

Klak
10th August 2009, 10:10 AM
The Florida State game is a Thursday night, so don't make any predictions based on that.

AcworthEagle
10th August 2009, 11:21 AM
The Florida State game is a Thursday night, so don't make any predictions based on that.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted. It's an 8 P.M. start for ESPN

1peatfor7
10th August 2009, 11:44 AM

Now that is what I call dedication!! My friend just graduated from UNC and comes to Atlanta every now and again, she told me it's a 6 hour drive. I hope you have 1 more driver with you and lots of cd's or xm/sirus or an ipod.

AcworthEagle
10th August 2009, 12:44 PM
Now that is what I call dedication!! My friend just graduated from UNC and comes to Atlanta every now and again, she told me it's a 6 hour drive. I hope you have 1 more driver with you and lots of cd's or xm/sirus or an ipod.

I have all of the above!

Eagle22
10th August 2009, 12:56 PM
I drove from Forsyth, GA to Johnson City to the Mini-Dump for a GSU-ETSU game, then back ... all in the same day .... that about near killed me.

I'm hoping for a 3:00pm or later start time for this game ... to hopefully head out early Saturday morning and only have to stay over just one night.

Hail The Blue
10th August 2009, 02:52 PM
I'm pulling for a noon kick off (for the first time in my life)... my sisters wedding is that night.

Croc
10th August 2009, 06:27 PM
I'm pulling for a noon kick off (for the first time in my life)... my sisters wedding is that night.

We'll see you at the game then right??? You can go to her next wedding.....

Croc
10th August 2009, 06:30 PM
StubHub has gametime at 1pm

AcworthEagle
10th August 2009, 07:13 PM
StubHub has gametime at 1pm

I think thats just so it has a time, the UNC site has no time listed.

eaglefan04
10th August 2009, 08:32 PM

All of the above and a cooler full of "road sodas"...

Eagle4ever
14th August 2009, 02:16 PM
I called the UNC ticket office today and they said the game time would not be announced until 10-14 days before the game. The gentleman also said he had no idea if it would be an early, mid afternoon or night game. He said my guess would be as good as his.

Hometown Eagle
14th August 2009, 02:51 PM
I'm hoping for a 3:00pm or later start time for this game ... to hopefully head out early Saturday morning and only have to stay over just one night.

Me too...

AcworthEagle
15th August 2009, 10:33 AM
I called the UNC ticket office today and they said the game time would not be announced until 10-14 days before the game. The gentleman also said he had no idea if it would be an early, mid afternoon or night game. He said my guess would be as good as his.

What a load of horsehockey. How the hell are people supposed to make travel plans?

Dave.
15th August 2009, 10:39 AM
What a load of horsehockey. How the hell are people supposed to make travel plans?

ALL FBS games are done like that.

Eagle22
15th August 2009, 11:31 AM
ALL FBS games are done like that.

Not all ... just usually ones that are potentially prone to change due to TV schedules.

This game is not slated to be on TV ... at this point. I kind of doubt it will be on TV, but that is the only reason a start time should be up in the air this close to the start of the season.

Booster EYES
15th August 2009, 11:41 AM
Can you imagine the uproar if we waited that late to announce our start times?

McEagle
15th August 2009, 12:11 PM

Yep.
:)

McEagle
15th August 2009, 12:16 PM

I guess they figure that the comuters live close enough that it dont matter and every one else will have a hotel romm so it wont matter to them either.

It's more likely they dont really care.

Hometown Eagle
15th August 2009, 12:36 PM
At least have the decency to announce a time so the team can get their plans confirmed, although it will probably be a bus ride up on Friday then a ride home immediately after the game...

Walt3412
15th August 2009, 12:44 PM
This isn't good if you are planning a one night stay. If the game is early, we were planning on driving up Friday and coming back after the game. If the game is late, we were planning on driving up Saturday and leaving early Sunday. I guess we are going to have to wait until the last minute.

half-n-half
15th August 2009, 01:02 PM
At least have the decency to announce a time so the team can get their plans confirmed, although it will probably be a bus ride up on Friday then a ride home immediately after the game...

Yeah...I don't think the time effects the team's plans too much. Might change the times of the day that we leave but it won't change the days. And we don't need to know the times this far out anyways.

Dave.
15th August 2009, 01:06 PM
Not all ... just usually ones that are potentially prone to change due to TV schedules.

This game is not slated to be on TV ... at this point. I kind of doubt it will be on TV, but that is the only reason a start time should be up in the air this close to the start of the season.

By what I said, I meant that "all FBS games are allowed to wait that long". There might have been some miscommunication in there.

If we were going to compete for a BCS conference title like UNC will this year, I wouldn't mind.

This isn't good if you are planning a one night stay. If the game is early, we were planning on driving up Friday and coming back after the game. If the game is late, we were planning on driving up Saturday and leaving early Sunday. I guess we are going to have to wait until the last minute.

The game will be early. It would be weird to see a FBS team play a FCS team in a night game. Does that normally happen?

AcworthEagle
15th August 2009, 01:07 PM
and coming back in one day. Hotels are for the weak.

Eagle22
15th August 2009, 01:09 PM
and coming back in one day. Hotels are for the weak.

If I could do it in six hours, I'd be game.

I'm 2 hours from Acworth though ... too much for a single day turnaround ... only way I would consider it is if the kickoff was at 1:30

AcworthEagle
18th August 2009, 06:14 PM
Sold out their first 3 or 4 home games, if anybody wants tickets, they may wanna get on it, starting time be Damned.

GSUNCSU
18th August 2009, 07:26 PM
Wife's Class Reunion in Sanford, NC that night so I hope for a day game (earlier is better), will be riding the Harley to Cherokee Thursday Night, Blue Ridge Parkway to Boone Friday and then down to Sanford for the Lee County HS game Friday Night, Up to Chapel Hole, Saturday for the GSU Game and Back to Sanford for the rest of the reunion Saturday Night, back on the Bike Sunday for the ride to Columbus, somewhere just short of 1200 miles (round trip)... An Eagle win will be sooo sweeet on some many fronts. Real Men don't wear Baby Blue and Purple is for Teletubbies... GO EAGLES, BEAT TAR HOLES...