PDA

View Full Version : Sept 4th Warner Robins Meet up

eaglewraith
16th August 2009, 11:00 PM
Well Paul twisted my arm enough to where I'll start a thread about this. A get together for lunch on Sept 4th sounds like a great idea. If people want to sound off on what time is good for them, I normally go to lunch around 11 but I can go later if it works out better for everyone else.

As for where to go, I'm up for anything but a location on Watson would probly be best. We can take a vote and see what comes out as the winner.

Logans
Longhorn
Outback
Cheddars
O'Charleys
Buffaloes
Hooters
Olive Garden
Carinos

Pitch in with a preference (or a new suggestion if you wish) and a preferred time.

I know me and Klak are in, and E22 said he's free too. So that's 3 definite. The more the merrier...let's try and get some WR regular meetup going, I can meet up and talk football anytime.

eaglewraith
16th August 2009, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna go with Buffaloes at 11

Eagle22
17th August 2009, 07:36 AM
Buffalo's sounds fine.

I think from reading the other thread, that Harvo and Eagle4ever are strong possibilities as well.

I think MightyGus is also from the WR area .....

eaglewraith
17th August 2009, 05:42 PM
So that's a definite 3 with a strong possibility of 5-6 total so far. Keep it coming guys...I know there's more people down this way :)

southern edumacation
17th August 2009, 06:35 PM
Well Paul twisted my arm enough to where I'll start a thread about this. A get together for lunch on Sept 4th sounds like a great idea. If people want to sound off on what time is good for them, I normally go to lunch around 11 but I can go later if it works out better for everyone else.

As for where to go, I'm up for anything but a location on Watson would probly be best. We can take a vote and see what comes out as the winner.

Buffaloes
Hooters
Olive Garden
Carinos

You were seriously considering meeting at an Olive Garden to talk football? Really? ;)

Island Eagle
17th August 2009, 07:00 PM
If you ever decide on dinner let me know. Moved last month to about 4 miles from Mellow Mushroom. Its a little hard to get away from school, teaching at Perry Middle.

eaglewraith
17th August 2009, 07:06 PM
You were seriously considering meeting at an Olive Garden to talk football? Really? ;)

Hey *******...I was just mentioning everything in that area. You better not drive to the games. I'm gonna hook my truck up to your sissy car and drag it all over the parking lot then go drag it into some more mud and leave it there :p

aristocracker
17th August 2009, 08:20 PM
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I see the Warner Robin's Little League team is back in the Little League World Series again. You think they have a shot at winning it all like they did in 2007?

To win the SE regional they beat the crap out of FL (12-2), NC (17-0), AL (9-0). In the semifinal game with TN they were down 2-0 in the 6th (last inning) and scored 3 to get to the final. They beat VA 6-3 for the championship.

http://www.littleleague.org/series/2009divisions/llbb/qualify/southeast.htm

Eagle4ever
17th August 2009, 08:52 PM
A friend of my that is a GSU man that works at the base mentioned a place called "When Pigs Fly" for lunch. He said it would be easy for the base people to get to on a short lunch break. He also said they have a good BBQ sandwich and the price is good. Thoughts?

southern edumacation
17th August 2009, 09:05 PM
Hey *******...I was just mentioning everything in that area. You better not drive to the games. I'm gonna hook my truck up to your sissy car and drag it all over the parking lot then go drag it into some more mud and leave it there :p

As long as it doesn't happen at 3am in the morning when ya'll are drunk and coming back from the strip club I'll be ok...

You know me, I'll be at (most) of the games. Stupid friends wedding being planned for western carolina game.

eaglewraith
17th August 2009, 09:19 PM
A friend of my that is a GSU man that works at the base mentioned a place called "When Pigs Fly" for lunch. He said it would be easy for the base people to get to on a short lunch break. He also said they have a good BBQ sandwich and the price is good. Thoughts?

It's like right beside the base...however anyone coming from Macon would either have to cross warner robins which could make them have to take more time for lunch to get back at a decent time or come down 247

Wartown Eagle
20th August 2009, 02:34 PM
I'm in for the 4th. Just let me know when and where.

eaglewraith
25th August 2009, 09:06 AM
Ok right now I'm planning on Buffaloes at 11AM (unless there are any objections to place or time)

Myself
Klak
Eagle22
Harvo (maybe)
Eagle4ever (maybe)
MightyGus

Haven't gotten a confirmation from the maybes in the thread yet, but just wanted to list everyone so far.

Klak
31st August 2009, 02:31 PM
Just a reminder bump. :)

Eagle22
31st August 2009, 07:42 PM
Just a reminder bump. :)

You gonna be there ? I have an AP signed poster still in my truck for you. I'll drive my truck on Friday. You'll have to remind me ....

eaglewraith
31st August 2009, 09:20 PM
You gonna be there ? I have an AP signed poster still in my truck for you. I'll drive my truck on Friday. You'll have to remind me ....

He actually brought that up the other day. And if he doesn't want it I'll take it :D

Klak
31st August 2009, 09:30 PM

I'll be there. Drive your truck. :D

eaglewraith
3rd September 2009, 06:30 AM
Just another reminder for tomorrow...looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Eagle22
3rd September 2009, 02:12 PM
Okay, I'm gonna be lazy and ask where the Buffalo's in WR is at ... is it near the Galleria ?

eaglewraith
3rd September 2009, 02:16 PM
Okay, I'm gonna be lazy and ask where the Buffalo's in WR is at ... is it near the Galleria ?

Just take exit 146 for Watson and head down like you're going to the Galleria. It's down on the right not too far as you're getting into town. If you pass the Kroger you've gone too far.

Eagle22
3rd September 2009, 02:39 PM
Okay ... before Houston Lake Road then. My folks live off of 41. I haven't ventured into WR in quite some time.

eaglewraith
3rd September 2009, 03:45 PM
Okay ... before Houston Lake Road then. My folks live off of 41. I haven't ventured into WR in quite some time.

Yea you'd be way too far if you hit Houston Lake haha

Klak
4th September 2009, 08:13 AM
eaglewraith and I will be there a couple minutes after 11, but we will be there. Anybody else planning on making it?

eaglewraith
4th September 2009, 12:17 PM
It was great meeting all you guys. We need to do this again sometime soon.

gsugt1
4th September 2009, 12:22 PM
Who all was there ?

Wartown Eagle
4th September 2009, 02:33 PM
Lots of fun. Maybe next time I can stay longer. Good to see everyone.

eaglewraith
4th September 2009, 04:38 PM
Who all was there ?

Myself
Klak
Eagle22
Harvo
Eagle4ever
MightyGus

I'm horrible with names and there was someone else there but I forgot his name :o:o Please forgive me on that one.

Eagle22
4th September 2009, 04:43 PM
Good meeting you guys.

We'll have to do this at the other end of Watson Blvd. so you guys can stay a little longer (says the one who left first)

eaglewraith
4th September 2009, 05:12 PM
Good meeting you guys.

We'll have to do this at the other end of Watson Blvd. so you guys can stay a little longer (says the one who left first)

Agreed, we can meet up at When Pigs Fly. I'm always up for some barbecue...got some butts started for tomorrow as we speak :)