PDA

View Full Version : GSU receives grant for wheelchair intramurals

eagle_97
19th August 2009, 07:30 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me proud to be a GSU alumni!

http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/strategic/index.php?s=229

AcworthEagle
19th August 2009, 08:12 PM
But do you know how many actual students there are in wheelchairs? I'm in one, and was there until Spring of '09. I quit because I felt like I was being discriminated against, but didn't have the money to purse it. My point is, unless they are going to get non-disabled students to play, there won't be much going on because I can count the number of wheelchair bound students on one hand and a few fingers.

Bojangles
20th August 2009, 01:39 AM
Just curious but why did you feel discriminated against?

eagle_97
20th August 2009, 09:33 AM
You quit school? Or just intramurals?

AcworthEagle
20th August 2009, 10:05 AM
And without writing a novel, I had a learning disability that the school refused to recognize even after their own people's testing confirmed that I had it. I'd love to go back, but there's a few people there who targeted me because I tried (in vain) to stand up to their policies.

Bojangles
20th August 2009, 12:51 PM
You stood up to them by quitting?

AcworthEagle
20th August 2009, 01:57 PM
I raised a big ruckus over how the way they treated their students with Learning Disabilities. I was advised at that point by a few people in high places that it would be best if I didn't return because I was making these people "Look bad". I love the school dearly, I loved my time there. Most importantly, I loved to go back, but after the way I was treated I feel like if I went back, those select few would just target me again.

Bojangles
20th August 2009, 04:14 PM
Sounds terrible. Did you continue your education elsewhere?

AcworthEagle
20th August 2009, 05:30 PM
Problem is, I'd have to change majors and I really don't wanna do that. Broadcasting has been my dream for as long as I can remember.

eagleskins
20th August 2009, 05:50 PM
Murderball?

AcworthEagle
20th August 2009, 06:11 PM
Wheelchair Hoops and maybe Soccer.

EagleSC
20th August 2009, 06:17 PM
Murderball?

I watched that film on Sundance channel the other day. Great film for anyone to watch.