PDA

View Full Version : Where To Stay For Elon?

The_Eagles_Cliff
8th September 2009, 08:08 PM
I just made an 80% commitment to go, so I was wondering if anyone who's been can offer some suggestions for hotels, restaurants, etc. Thanks

bleedingblue
8th September 2009, 08:19 PM
you might not be able to stay in eoln because of some family weekend

Eagle22
8th September 2009, 08:29 PM
I'm staying in Charlotte. With the time of the game, I'll just drive 5 hours to Charlotte Friday night, then get up Saturday a.m. for the other 2 hours ... enjoy the game, then back another 2 hours to Charlotte.

Got a excellent deal on Priceline for a hotel ... $45 a night at the Sheraton Charlotte Airport Hotel. They just renovated it a year ago, and it is right off I-85.

I had a room in Burlington reserved, but released it. Was looking at around $120 a night ... decided against that when I figured how much gas I was going to be using in October for all those trips to NC.

Did a similar move for the ASU game. Will stay this year in Hickory, which is 50% cheaper than staying in Boone for comparable digs.

Bleu
9th September 2009, 10:48 AM
E22 what road is the Sheraton on? If it's the one I'm thinking it is they used to have one of the best buffet lunches / dinners that I've ever eaten anywhere. The company I used to work for would hold meetings at one of the conference rooms.

The food was amazing.

Eagle22
9th September 2009, 10:56 AM
Scott Futtrell Drive

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=942

You can 'find' it on priceline as a 3.5 star unnamed property. There are only a handful of priceline hotels in that sector, and only one 3.5 star or above.

I found a few folks on trip advisor that mentioned they had had success with such a low fare ... it worked for me ...

GSUfanforever
10th September 2009, 12:20 AM
Myself and Paintballer are staying in Kannapolis, NC Friday night then making the short trip to Elon the next day. Only about an hour and a half drive.

Bleu
11th September 2009, 11:01 PM
I reccomend that everyone going to the game plan on tailgating / meeting up at the firehouse parking lot. Grassy lot about a mile from the stadium. It's a leisurely walk or you can catch a shuttle bus.

Elon frat boiz will ride by a curse at you also. Adds to the atmosphere. Private school preppies. Gotta love em.

Dave.
11th September 2009, 11:03 PM
Myself and Paintballer are staying in Kannapolis, NC Friday night then making the short trip to Elon the next day. Only about an hour and a half drive.

This is where the party is.

GSUNCSU
12th September 2009, 12:49 PM
I reccomend that everyone going to the game plan on tailgating / meeting up at the firehouse parking lot. Grassy lot about a mile from the stadium. It's a leisurely walk or you can catch a shuttle bus.

Elon frat boiz will ride by a curse at you also. Adds to the atmosphere. Private school preppies. Gotta love em.First time I went the year we pulled it out late with the help of an interference call. They did not allow tailgating... Glad they have since changed that.

EAGLES35
22nd September 2009, 10:32 AM
Me and a buddy are planning on staying in Greensboro, NC. Looks to be less than a 30 minute drive to Elon. Anyone else ever stayed there? We do not know what to expect from that town.

HAIL SOUTHERN!
25th September 2009, 08:59 AM
Tried to get priceline to give me the Sheraton at $45, but didn't happen. Ended up at the Holiday Inn at the Charlotte airport for $40.