PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga

loyaleagle
28th September 2008, 07:24 PM
Okay, who will be there to support our Eagles? I'll be there as part of a group of 5.

newtrueblue
28th September 2008, 07:30 PM
We have a group of 20!!!!!!!!

gataman
28th September 2008, 07:35 PM
Y'all cheer them on.....I have to protect the country this weekend.....bring us home a "W"...

GATA!!!!!!!!!

gsujenny03
28th September 2008, 08:07 PM
I will be there with my mom. Then last time she came to a game with me was the 1999 National Championship game so she is very excited to go to another game! GATA!!!

GaSou93
28th September 2008, 08:10 PM
I've got 4-6 in my group from ATL going.

gsu8696
29th September 2008, 01:00 AM
There are 2 of us.

erkseagle
29th September 2008, 09:17 AM
5 of us. Going to hit the Aquarium first, Big River next, then on to tailgate.

Blueblood
29th September 2008, 09:59 AM
The original plan was to go to the GT game at Noon and then head to Chattanooga for the GSU game. Unfortunately, I can't do either (well, not unfortunately--I have several activities involving my girls on Saturday so that takes priority). We haven't beaten Chattanooga since Mike Sewak was coaching the Eagles so I was hoping to be there to watch us stop that streak.

Ralze34
29th September 2008, 10:03 AM
I had planned on going to the game, but money is a little tight right now with us buying a house. I'm having to change all my football plans for the rest of the season, only making one more GSU game.

Hopefully by budgeting a little and sacrificing a couple of games this season I can make a lot more next.

loyaleagle
29th September 2008, 10:06 AM
5 of us. Going to hit the Aquarium first, Big River next, then on to tailgate.

I like that plan; never been to Big River but have wanted to go. I need to talk to the group about having brunch there.

1peatfor7
29th September 2008, 10:17 AM
What's the gas situation up in Chatty?

McEagle
29th September 2008, 11:10 AM
I'll be there with Yankeeeagle.

eaglebean
29th September 2008, 04:30 PM
Sorry, I'll be participating in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 'Light the Night' walk on Friday evening. Ya'll yell for me.

I guess I'll catch up on my yard work on Saturday.

gataman
29th September 2008, 06:11 PM
I like that plan; never been to Big River but have wanted to go. I need to talk to the group about having brunch there.

Got to hit the Big River Grille.......awesome place.....try some of the Oktoberfest beer......good stuff and have one for me.....:)

GATA!!!!

balleagle
29th September 2008, 09:21 PM
be there with 3

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th September 2008, 09:42 AM
what's the gas situation up in chatty?

x2 !?!?!?!?!

gsufanatic
30th September 2008, 01:13 PM
4-5 of us will be up there from Atlanta. I couldn't find any rules for tailgating there and haven't been since '02 and my mind has been clouded by about 4 too many beers. Can you start tailgating around noon?

Is the lot just to the east of the stadium still the best spot for early arrivers?

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th September 2008, 02:21 PM
2 years ago our group parked in a lot directly behind the visitor section. We consumed our beverages and sprawled out our tent and no one bothered us.

1peatfor7
30th September 2008, 02:47 PM
If you are early enough the Pavilion is the best place to park. Just roll your cooler inside and hang out with the GSU fans.

BrendanGS
30th September 2008, 03:15 PM
Me and another going! Still looking for a hotel!

beachbumeagle
30th September 2008, 03:22 PM
2 going. Does anybody know of any good sports bars there ?

BoroNative
30th September 2008, 03:23 PM
2 maybe 3 going

1peatfor7
30th September 2008, 04:13 PM
2 going. Does anybody know of any good sports bars there ?

Taco Mac downtown. There is also Big River Grille.

Eagle22
1st October 2008, 05:46 AM
Anyone in the ATL area care to comment on the connector paving project ? Is that still underway on the weekends ?

I'm gonna be pushed to get there by the start time, but am trying to make it ... curious about whether I should hit 285 or not ... with GT at home and any of the DOT stuff ...

winstoneagle
1st October 2008, 06:42 AM
Anyone in the ATL area care to comment on the connector paving project ? Is that still underway on the weekends ?

I'm gonna be pushed to get there by the start time, but am trying to make it ... curious about whether I should hit 285 or not ... with GT at home and any of the DOT stuff ...

Connector paving is done, but Atlanta is still Atlanta, gridlock could break out at any minute.

Eagle22
1st October 2008, 06:59 AM
Connector paving is done, but Atlanta is still Atlanta, gridlock could break out at any minute.

With the Tech game at noon (TV game), it will be around 4-5pm when that traffic dumps out .. about the time I'm running through there .... I guess I'll head up 285 ...

Claydus
1st October 2008, 08:09 AM
285 West shouldn't be bad Friday.... just stay away from spaghetti junction

loyaleagle
1st October 2008, 08:22 AM
Speaking of 285 west, we'll be coming up 75 and will probably be approaching Atlanta at around 6:30. Any advice as to whether we should go straight through or around on 285? I've always just driven through, but have wondered if the other way would be better.

gsufanatic
1st October 2008, 08:32 AM
I've found that unless there's a major construction project going on (watch the big overhead signs on your way into town), weekend traffic in Atlanta isn't bad at all...Fridays are a different story!

NWGaEagle
1st October 2008, 08:41 AM
Gas in Chattanooga is much like the rest of the Southeast. I know we have typically had gas on the Connector 3 down in Dalton, so that might be a good place to stop. I'll be filling up tomorrow or Friday so I'll give an update for those heading north.

Oh and my crew will be at the game.

1peatfor7
1st October 2008, 08:47 AM

You can call 511 and get information during your drive about any delays.

http://www.511ga.org/

loyaleagle
1st October 2008, 08:51 AM
Speaking of 285 west, we'll be coming up 75 and will probably be approaching Atlanta at around 6:30. Any advice as to whether we should go straight through or around on 285? I've always just driven through, but have wondered if the other way would be better.

Don't know if it was obvious or not, but I was talking about hitting the Atlanta area at 6:30pm on Friday. So 75 through town or around on 285 west on Friday at 6:30pm; either route usually better or is it a flip of the coin?

erkseagle
1st October 2008, 08:58 AM
Remember that if you have 2 or more in your car that you can take the 75 HOV lane. 285 doesn't have one.

Eagle22
1st October 2008, 08:24 PM
You can call 511 and get information during your drive about any delays.

http://www.511ga.org/

Thanks ... I usually listen to the XM Atlanta channel .. but I may be driving the Honda for gas mileage instead of the Chevy truck ...

loyaleagle
2nd October 2008, 06:20 AM
Remember that if you have 2 or more in your car that you can take the 75 HOV lane. 285 doesn't have one.

Good point, that will work, thanks.

West Georgia Eagle
2nd October 2008, 12:13 PM
Don't know if it was obvious or not, but I was talking about hitting the Atlanta area at 6:30pm on Friday. So 75 through town or around on 285 west on Friday at 6:30pm; either route usually better or is it a flip of the coin?

I work by the Atlanta Airport and grew up in Atlanta. Listen to the WSB 750 AM as you get near Atlanta. They update the traffic every 5-10 minutes. I would not risk driving through downtown as the chances of having a back up are greater there. I suggest that you take 285 around the west side and reconnect with 75 North near Cumberland Mall.

My son and one of his friends and I are going to the game after their soccer game in Kennesaw.

loyaleagle
2nd October 2008, 02:07 PM
I work by the Atlanta Airport and grew up in Atlanta. Listen to the WSB 750 AM as you get near Atlanta. They update the traffic every 5-10 minutes. I would not risk driving through downtown as the chances of having a back up are greater there. I suggest that you take 285 around the west side and reconnect with 75 North near Cumberland Mall.

My son and one of his friends and I are going to the game after their soccer game in Kennesaw.

Thank you very much!

KJ Eagle
2nd October 2008, 02:28 PM
RE gas in Chatty, I was there for work earlier this week. it is hit or miss. Some stations have plenty and others are completely out. Atlanta is getting better and better each day, so I would assume Chatty is also better than a couple days ago.

kennesaweagle
2nd October 2008, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I went by three different stations today in Kennesaw/Acworth that had gas and not one of them had a line. I think the panic is almost over.

By the way. I went through downtown last week on the way to the Boro and never even slowed down. There or back. So chances are you'll be okay going through town.

Eaglegus2
2nd October 2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I went by three different stations today in Kennesaw/Acworth that had gas and not one of them had a line. I think the panic is almost over.

By the way. I went through downtown last week on the way to the Boro and never even slowed down. There or back. So chances are you'll be okay going through town.

Traveling through Downtown Atlanta will/should be ok because the traffic problem will begin when the GT game is over.

gsugt1
2nd October 2008, 05:46 PM
Guys and Gals .. I hate it that we will miss the game this weekend. Y'all pull us through.

NWGaEagle
3rd October 2008, 10:18 AM
Bought gas this morning at the southern most Dalton exit, so long as all you want is 87 you should be fine to fuel up there at the worst.

Eaglegus2
3rd October 2008, 11:37 AM
Bought gas this morning at the southern most Dalton exit, so long as all you want is 87 you should be fine to fuel up there at the worst.

What did they charge? What is the exit number?

NWGaEagle
3rd October 2008, 01:51 PM
I think it was $3.78, Exit 318. First Dalton exit if you're coming north ... at the Carpets of Dalton. You should see the Waffle House and the Pilot right off the interstate.

Eagleintheham
3rd October 2008, 10:31 PM
Ill be at Taco Mac in downtown Chattanooga around 2-3 Eastern to eat and have a few beers before the game. Anyone is welcome to join.

EagleSC
4th October 2008, 12:55 AM
Me and a couple of guys (and maybe my dad) will be at Big River sometime between 12 and 1. Planning on rolling into the Pavillion around 3:30-4:00 time frame.

loyaleagle
4th October 2008, 08:59 AM
Well, ended up driving through Atlanta with no probelm at all, but it was at about 8:30 last night. The problem was in Henry County. We came to a complete stop about 8 truck lengths back from a really bad accident. We sat in the middle lane of I-75 for at least an hour. In Cleveland, TN, now though, and looking forward to seeing some of you fine folks soon.

Eagle22
4th October 2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.timetemperature.com/tztn/chattanooga.shtml

Someone emailed me whether or not Chattanooga was an hour behind us ... I told him no ... just thought someone else might be wondering about this ....

EagleSC
4th October 2008, 12:48 PM
WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU? Sitting at Big River and don't see anyone!