PDA

View Full Version : No Gas Problem for App State

Eaglegus2
10th October 2008, 10:07 AM
There should be plenty of gas to travel to the game next Saturday for App State.

Gas is $3.28 here in Hinesville this morning. It seems to be dropping a few cents a gallon each day. I see $3.00 a gallon before November.

What is the price per gallon in your town?

BoroNative
10th October 2008, 10:20 AM
I bought at Wal-Mart for 3.23 this morning in Statesboro.

GSC75
10th October 2008, 10:22 AM
$3.15 in Beaufort!

sandeagle98
10th October 2008, 10:31 AM
$3.47 in Loganville.

gsugt1
10th October 2008, 10:33 AM
3.25 a gallon in Savannah yesterday. I agree gas under $3 is on the way.

eaglewraith
10th October 2008, 10:39 AM
Oil prices fell below $80 today. Finally the market is correcting the stupidity that was high gas prices. Unfortunately the economy is going insane at the same time....but that's all thanks to sub prime mortgages and more stupidity.

If there were less stupid in the world we wouldn't have problems.

gritzblitz56
10th October 2008, 11:09 AM
Oil prices are going down because the financial debacle is causing reduction in demand. A classic case of the cure being worse than the disease. :(

EagleSC
10th October 2008, 11:10 AM
Pretty pumped that gas is down to $3.35 out here. Hasn't been this low in about 15 months.

GSCBBA1987
10th October 2008, 11:21 AM
i noticed gas is 2.87 in huntsville, al. it is 2.99 in gadsden, al

i live 45 minutes to one hour from there and it ranges from 3.26 to 3.53 where i am.......

how do you explain that?

Eagle22
10th October 2008, 11:23 AM
$3.69 in Forsyth :cool:

eaglewithabus
10th October 2008, 11:51 AM
2.99 in places around Augusta.

McEagle
10th October 2008, 11:51 AM
If there were less stupid in the world we wouldn't have problems.

You can say that again.

kennesaweagle
10th October 2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah, it's down over .65/gallon in just the last week in Kennesaw, and dropping by the minute. I saw the QT down the street from me on 92 go from $3.89/gal to $3.57/gal in less than 5 hours on Wednesday. And looking at the market, I expect we'll see gas for under $3 by next weekend.

It's the one bright spot in this market right now. Hopefully if it drops enough it'll be enough to get things slowly rolling in the right direction. Hopefully.

GSUrebel
10th October 2008, 12:34 PM
According to gasbuddy.com its 2.68 in Oklahoma City

1peatfor7
10th October 2008, 12:50 PM
According to gasbuddy $2.74 with a carwash near North Point Mall (it's a detailing joint). For the most part I'm seeing prices $3.53 in Alpharetta.

Isn't it sad we're celebrating these prices?

Joseph
10th October 2008, 12:57 PM
Oil prices are going down because the financial debacle is causing reduction in demand. A classic case of the cure being worse than the disease. :(

I know my 401 K might be looking like crap, but I think I am just buying at a bargain right now, My income has incresed every year for the past four years and this year is on pace to keep that up. Thanks to my youth, the 401K troubles dont hurt me at all and everything just looks great to me, getting paid more, housing prices falling for my first home purchase. Or maybe I need to take of the rose colored glasses.

$3.23 in Port Wentworth GA.

kennesaweagle
10th October 2008, 01:24 PM
Just went out and looked. It has dropped another .12 in the last two days. Now $3.45/gallon. And was told by a manager of one of my accounts to look for another .10-.20 drop in the next three or four days.

GSUrebel
10th October 2008, 01:35 PM
According to gasbuddy $2.74 with a carwash near North Point Mall (it's a detailing joint). For the most part I'm seeing prices $3.53 in Alpharetta.

Isn't it sad we're celebrating these prices?

Yeah, I remember complaining about when gas prices hit 2.00 a gallon..now I would be super excited if that happened.

GSCBBA1987
10th October 2008, 01:43 PM
Just went out and looked. It has dropped another .12 in the last two days. Now $3.45/gallon. And was told by a manager of one of my accounts to look for another .10-.20 drop in the next three or four days.

it should be below $3 in the ATL by early in the week since it has hit that price within a few hours of there.

half-n-half
10th October 2008, 02:04 PM
I know my 401 K might be looking like crap, but I think I am just buying at a bargain right now, My income has incresed every year for the past four years and this year is on pace to keep that up. Thanks to my youth, the 401K troubles dont hurt me at all and everything just looks great to me, getting paid more, housing prices falling for my first home purchase. Or maybe I need to take of the rose colored glasses.

$3.23 in Port Wentworth GA.

I was having this same conversation with somebody the other day. I am 26 and he is in his early 30's. The market hurts right now, but it's all just paper. We won't be touching that retirement money anytime soon so while it stinks to be losing right now, it's not as bad as somebody who is 2-3 years from retirement. Plus with our age right now the responsibilities are at a minimum so we can put more money into savings and investments. Therefor when this thing turns around we can make more.

Like you said....or maybe we were just looking through rose colored glasses.

NCEagleMan05
10th October 2008, 02:14 PM
I was having this same conversation with somebody the other day. I am 26 and he is in his early 30's. The market hurts right now, but it's all just paper. We won't be touching that retirement money anytime soon so while it stinks to be losing right now, it's not as bad as somebody who is 2-3 years from retirement. Plus with our age right now the responsibilities are at a minimum so we can put more money into savings and investments. Therefor when this thing turns around we can make more.

Like you said....or maybe we were just looking through rose colored glasses.

This situation is PERFECT for someone in there early 30s or late 20s that has a very secure job, and whose company isn't hurting to make money, because you actually have the money to invest now. BUY LOW SELL HIGH!!!

For me though, I have a job lined up, but it may be volatile depending on the market. I'm honestly not sure if this hurts or helps my chances right now. I am 21, so it's kind of iffy. Im just thankful that I at least have a prospect of a job which is more than others can say!

gritzblitz56
10th October 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm 33 and I have lost about $3,000 of value in the past week from my various investments, not counting my 401k.

But I'm still young and definitely in it for the long haul so it won't hurt me too bad. It's the older folks who are really taking it in the shorts.

EagleSC
10th October 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm 33 and I have lost about $3,000 of value in the past week from my various investments, not counting my 401k.

But I'm still young and definitely in it for the long haul so it won't hurt me too bad. It's the older folks who are really taking it in the shorts.

I've lost about 30% of mine too not counting my 401k. Stupid agressive investing! hahaha

NCEagleMan05
10th October 2008, 02:32 PM
I've lost about 30% of mine too not counting my 401k. Stupid agressive investing! hahaha

If I had the cash, I would be investing as much as I could afford right now though.

1peatfor7
10th October 2008, 03:05 PM
It's a great time to invest. It's a proven fact that if you hold on through the Bear market in the long term you'll gain more money than those who sell. Look back at the Great Depression and the 1987 crash for proof. Unless you are retiring in the next 3 years there is no need to worry. If you are then you should have moved into "safe" investments several years ago. Stocks went up after 1987 and the 2000 dot com bust, they will go up after this as well.

Joseph
10th October 2008, 03:13 PM
With my youth, I relate the housing market alot to the dot com implosion. I just hope I can use some side money and catch the next overly inflated wave and sell as it starts to fall off. I just cant think of what that is going to be? My only guess is the next big "fuel" supplier, i'm interested in companies like coskata.com and the like but they are not on the open market, but GM is investing millions (that i'm sure they dont have) into them!

GSC75
10th October 2008, 04:36 PM

not me ...no investments and no 401k - got state retirement and a retire / return to work deal let's me double-dip...

1peatfor7
11th October 2008, 12:32 AM
With my youth, I relate the housing market alot to the dot com implosion. I just hope I can use some side money and catch the next overly inflated wave and sell as it starts to fall off. I just cant think of what that is going to be? My only guess is the next big "fuel" supplier, i'm interested in companies like coskata.com and the like but they are not on the open market, but GM is investing millions (that i'm sure they dont have) into them!

You hit the nail on the head. Just like the 2000 but it took a few years for the US economy to recover. Why sell? You're going to cost your self money in the long run. Hold on to those investments because the economy is a wave.

GSCBBA1987
11th October 2008, 09:23 AM
mapquest is showing some $3.09 gas in the ATL. looks like $2.99 by monday.

the huntsville al gas dropped another .10 since yesterday and is 2.79.

this is shaping up as a "cheap" home game next weekend.

iamtall
11th October 2008, 10:15 AM
The guy that dumps gas at my station said that we need to break out the "1." signs by Christmas.

Eaglegus2
12th October 2008, 08:09 AM
$3.12 last night in Hinesville.............the signs seem to be changing faster than when the price was going up for the hurricanes.

Does anyone think it will fall below $2.00 by Thanksgiving?