PDA

View Full Version : Where is Southern?

Pages : [1] 2

SaintDK10
25th June 2010, 02:29 PM
TALON, this one's for you:

"It’s time for the Atlanta Sports Council’s annual College Football Preview Luncheon presented by AT&T and Georgia’s Best Chevy Dealers. Join us on July 27th at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis as ESPN’s Lee Corso, Mark May and Brad Nessler offer their predictions for the upcoming college football season, while Tony Barnhart will get a look inside the huddle with coaches Mark Richt, Paul Johnson and Bill Curry."http://sportsatl.com/ASCAREAEVENTS/AtlantaSportsCouncilEvents/CollegeFootballPreviewLuncheon.aspx

Notice TALON, no mention of Monken, just the big boys here. But it's cool, even as a Southern fan, you can still register and listen people talk about real football programs in Georgia that actually matter.:p

Walt3412
25th June 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm sure the whole state is chomping at the bit to hear about those huge matchups with Lambuth and Shorter. :eek:

SaintDK10
25th June 2010, 03:11 PM
I'm sure the whole state is chomping at the bit to hear about those huge matchups with Lambuth and Shorter. :eek:
Yeah, but it appears even those match-ups are more interesting that anything Southern is putting out.:eek:

Walt3412
25th June 2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, but it appears even those match-ups are more interesting that anything Southern is putting out.:eek:

Why? Because some talking heads invited your ancient awful coach to their party? Keep dreaming SaintDik.

eagleskins
25th June 2010, 03:38 PM
Death pool on coaches? I got Curry. Ghetto location, ugly school, horrific football team, and stank women. Not a good scenario for a dude with heart problems.

Hail The Blue
25th June 2010, 03:49 PM
Death pool on coaches? I got Curry. Ghetto location, ugly school, horrific football team, and stank women. Not a good scenario for a dude with heart problems.

Very true. Although, if he saw the trim on our campus it might get him too excited and kill him quicker! :p

SaintDK10
25th June 2010, 04:52 PM
So the ATLANTA sports council did not invite the real GSU which is located three hours away and has not played a game in ATL but once in 20+ years..... so weird. The only reason GaState got an invite was mainly location and to be kind to the inept senior citizen coach you have idiot, why else would they invite a team that has not won a game and will probably be under dogs to something called Lambuth.
Hey look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better about the fact that Southern is so irrelevant in Southeast's largest media market that your coach, who spent years as an assistant in ATLANTA, can't even get an invite over a start-up program. Really, whatever you need to say, I'm all for it.

SouthernPride
25th June 2010, 05:39 PM
Don't pay any attention to the children, people. They act like this sometimes when they really want attention, but have yet to actually do anything. Just let them throw their tantrums and once they struggle to be .500 against division 2 teams and the worst of the FCS, they'll realize its best to stay in their own room.

loyaleagle
25th June 2010, 06:09 PM
Don't pay any attention to the children, people. They act like this sometimes when they really want attention, but have yet to actually do anything. Just let them throw their tantrums and once they struggle to be .500 against division 2 teams and the worst of the FCS, they'll realize its best to stay in their own room.

I'm just curious as to whether the guy is making a lame attempt to yank some chains or if he is actually delusional enough to think his school's program is relevant to anyone other than all those folks who will be filling the Dome to see them take on the mighty Eagles (of Lambuth University).

SwampEagle
25th June 2010, 07:11 PM
No, no, no....he's here to talk smack, so, by all means. let's let him.

Welcome, saint. Sorry I haven't introduced myself to you here earlier whilst you were here apologizing for some other moron. Apology not required, however. This is a smack board, and such nonsensical bloviating is actually encouraged when it makes the poster appear as the dunce.

In any case, welcome aboard. Sorry we haven't exchanged opinions before.

So, GA State starts football this year, what fun! Y'all must be excited. I actually wish y'all the best. Really, I do. Truthfully, it don't matter none who is in what division, once the kickoff is made. And you know that we'll eventually play each other. You know that. And the more successful y'all are, the more meaningful it will be when we b!tchslap you across the field. A 70 point blowout of Johnson C Smith wasn't near as meaningful as a big, powerful, big city Atlanta panther team.

Now, don't get your furballs all in a wad, now. Truth is, it will be an honor for you to be victimized by us. You'll end up starting a tradition of disappointments that you'll never forget.

Yes, it's sad to be relegated to some obscure FCS football level. Sucks not even being the most important school in the city. Hell, we surebob ain't had much to brag about lately. Our program has been in decline for years. No reason to expect it to get no better. So, with that in mind, please brag on.

And welcome! I'm glad you're here (it's been a loooooong off season). We're looking for another mediocre year and y'all have one thing to be proud of - yuh beat Kennesaw to the sport.

oldfart
25th June 2010, 10:49 PM
They probably couldn't keep up with who our coach is. :rolleyes: We are sooo irrelevant in Atlanta and north Georgia. Once you drive above Macon, even the roads get better. South and Central Georgia is Georgia's red-headed step child and I will personally vote against any politician running for governor that originates north of Macon. More power to all the assholes in Atlanta. winning will cure all at GSU

BoroNative
25th June 2010, 11:44 PM
Hey look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better ....

This coming from the guy who thinks Corso is coming because of the mighty Panthers, and they've yet to play a game. :D

parr90
26th June 2010, 04:02 PM
Hey look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better about the fact that Southern is so irrelevant in Southeast's largest media market that your coach, who spent years as an assistant in ATLANTA, can't even get an invite over a start-up program. Really, whatever you need to say, I'm all for it.

Dont you think you should win at least 1 championship before you start talking all this junk? I know people get tired of the teams that actually win championships like us and want to talk about someone else.

TALON
26th June 2010, 05:32 PM
___1. Which coach was invited to talk about geriatric erectile disfunction?
(A) Mark Richt, (b) Paul Johnson (c) Bill Curry
___2. Which coach was invited to talk about geriatric penal implants?
___3. Which coach was invited because his age is a factor in not being able to
make next years event? A) Mark Richt, (b) Paul Johnson (c) Bill Curry
___4. Which coach wants to talk about arthritic hip replacements?
A) Mark Richt, (b) Paul Johnson (c) Bill Curry
___5. Which coach wants to disspell rumors that his testicular srinkage is due to age vs. steroid use. A) Mark Richt, (b) Paul Johnson (c) Bill Curry

ValleyBoy
26th June 2010, 07:00 PM
___5. Which coach wants to disspell rumors that his testicular srinkage is due to age vs. steroid use. A) Mark Richt, (b) Paul Johnson (c) Bill Curry

I do not know about the above questions, but the dumb fellow in the following article would be the ansewer to all the above questions.

http://www.dailyhome.com/view/full_story/8060343/article-Man-burned-after-climbing-over-fence-into-power-substation?instance=home_right

Police Chief Alan Watson said Willie Eugene Lewis scaled the fence around the substation sometime before 2 a.m. Friday. He then began climbing on some of the equipment, grabbing on with both hands.

Some 44,000 volts of electricity proceeded to pass through his body, burning the clothes off his back and burning off his genitals. In spite of this, Lewis was able to walk to the emergency room of Citizens Baptist Medical Center on his own.

Soweagle
27th June 2010, 03:49 PM
Isn't Hofstra in NYC? That big city market and media really helped their football program.

HiFlyinEagle
27th June 2010, 06:28 PM
Isn't Hofstra in NYC? That big city market and media really helped their football program.
Georgia State fan answer to said question, "Well, bu, bu, buuuuttt...we're different!"

SaintDK10
27th June 2010, 09:41 PM
Man Talon, what's up with all these Southern fans being so sensitive? You've been coming to our boards for months now talking trash and telling us to come here and talk some smack, and one post by me and everyone gets offended.

Anyway, all that aside, here is my pop quiz for you Talon:

___1. Which school has the 4th best college football program in the state?
A) Georgia Southern
B) Statesboro Community College
C) Herpes Southern University
D) All of the above

___2. Which school's football program is less relevant in Georgia than the Paulding County Coin Collectors Club?
A) Georgia Southern
D) All of the above

___3. Which school will get paid by Georgia State to come to the Dome for a whoopin' in 5 years?
A) Georgia Southern
D) All of the above

SwampEagle
27th June 2010, 09:50 PM
That's pretty weak, meat. Shirley, you can do better than that. Now, if you arske some fool in....let's say....Wisconsin:

Yo! Cheez head! Have you ever heard of Georgia State University? What you figger he gonna say? Hell naw, I ain't never heard tell of no second rate commuter kindergarten in no At-lan-tern. But, I bet he's done heard about the Cheetah club. How's it feel.....to have folks know mo' 'bout the Cheetah then some cereal box Jawja State. Hell, I bet more learning gets done at Arts Center Marta station.

SwampEagle
27th June 2010, 10:03 PM
By the way, did you stay up all night thinking up them three multiple choice questions with the four weakass answers?

Well, I suppose it ain't too bad...seeing as how it's you're first smack. Keep trying. You got one thing going for you....you're leaps and bounds ahead of MassMan or CofCFUGrad.

I'm pulling for you, homey. Football season is right around the corner and you're gonna need all the experience you can get. I wanna see you DOMINATE them Shorter and Lambuth posters, now....

TALON
28th June 2010, 08:23 AM
Swampy

Speaking of off the topic posts have you ever compared GSUs Flag pole to Georgia States?
The REAL GSU has 6 1aa National Championship flags adorning its pole while Georgia States is naked flapping its soul flag in the wind. Basically the REAL GSU's pole is much longer, has more girth and can stay erect while being blown by hurricane force winds. Me thinks Ga. State fans surfer from a little bit of pole envy!

GSU

http://www.facebook.com/photo....id=322153630236

Dick Bentington , head of BP’s North America’s engineering group had been contacted to repair Ga. State flag pole’s erection problem but the plan of packing the pole with Blue Pellet 69 or “BP69” was deemed impractical. No amount of BP69 packed into that shaft can solve the problem for the shaft itself is inferior. A new shaft or pole must be surgically implanted at its root. As luck would have it, with the weight of no National Championship flags, means that Ga.State can buy a cheep pole at Home Depot for around $500 clams less the cost of instillation or “erection” fees.

Georgia State’s
http://media.kickstatic.com/ki...695483_main.jpg

parr90
28th June 2010, 01:35 PM
Swampy

Speaking of off the topic posts have you ever compared GSUs Flag pole to Georgia States?
The REAL GSU has 6 1aa National Championship flags adorning its pole while Georgia States is naked flapping its soul flag in the wind. Basically the REAL GSU's pole is much longer, has more girth and can stay erect while being blown by hurricane force winds. Me thinks Ga. State fans surfer from a little bit of pole envy!

GSU

Dick Bentington , head of BP’s North America’s engineering group had been contacted to repair Ga. State flag pole’s erection problem but the plan of packing the pole with Blue Pellet 69 or “BP69” was deemed impractical. No amount of BP69 packed into that shaft can solve the problem for the shaft itself is inferior. A new shaft or pole must be surgically implanted at its root. As luck would have it, with the weight of no National Championship flags, means that Ga.State can buy a cheep pole at Home Depot for around $500 clams less the cost of instillation or “erection” fees.

Georgia State’s
http://media.kickstatic.com/ki...695483_main.jpg

Hahaahha................thats funny T. No wonder the call it Talon Talk.

panama
28th June 2010, 02:48 PM
LOL! Saint Behave! How did KNOW you would run with this. LMAO!

TALON, this one's for you:

http://sportsatl.com/ASCAREAEVENTS/AtlantaSportsCouncilEvents/CollegeFootballPreviewLuncheon.aspx

Notice TALON, no mention of Monken, just the big boys here. But it's cool, even as a Southern fan, you can still register and listen people talk about real football programs in Georgia that actually matter.:p

GSCBBA1987
28th June 2010, 03:36 PM
LOL! Saint Behave! How did KNOW you would run with this. LMAO!

It's the smack board. Saint does not need to behave. he just needs to bring it.

Just gotta make sure State does not lose to Lambuth or something. ;)

panama
28th June 2010, 03:54 PM
God Forbid!
If we go any less than 8 and 3 ...yikes!

It's the smack board. Saint does not need to behave. he just needs to bring it.

Just gotta make sure State does not lose to Lambuth or something. ;)

GSCBBA1987
28th June 2010, 04:58 PM
God Forbid!
If we go any less than 8 and 3 ...yikes!

It really won't matter what your record No one cares if you lose a bunch as long as you at least beat the NAIA schools.

panama
28th June 2010, 05:38 PM
If we go 2 and 9 you best believe they WILL care. Failure is not an option. We have mortgaged our athletic future on this venture.

It really won't matter what your record No one cares if you lose a bunch as long as you at least beat the NAIA schools.

SwampEagle
28th June 2010, 06:46 PM
Swampy

GSU

Georgia State’s
http://media.kickstatic.com/ki...695483_main.jpgTALON, I hear tell that in order to fix their pole erection problem, they tried to get one from the Cheetah. It was closer to campus than TattleTails, but the quality didn't fit into the budget. Instead, they got one off Ebay reportedly from the Gold Club - a fraudent pole full of kickbacks and backalley deals.

panama
28th June 2010, 08:55 PM
You guys should really stop drinking the municipal sewage water from great pigeon creek...

TALON, I hear tell that in order to fix their pole erection problem, they tried to get one from the Cheetah. It was closer to campus than TattleTails, but the quality didn't fit into the budget. Instead, they got one off Ebay reportedly from the Gold Club - a fraudent pole full of kickbacks and backalley deals.

SouthernPride
28th June 2010, 09:46 PM
I asked some friend that go to Tech a couple weeks ago what they thought of state starting up football. They had no idea it was even happening and laughed at the idea. They said what a lot of other people have: "if we (GT) can't sell out our 55,000 seat stadium, what do they think they're going to do with the Dome?" I mentioned that state wants to go FBS and they laughed even harder. Tech is completely unconcerned with state and it seems like most people in Atlanta don't even know that state is going to pretend to have a team.

GaSou93
28th June 2010, 10:13 PM
I know two Ga. State alum that had no idea they were starting a team until I told them on Memorial Day.

panama
28th June 2010, 10:33 PM
Pardon but your friend cannot either a) live in Atlanta and/or b) be a football fan. I mean, anybody who follows football and lives here knows. Must be one of those "Atlantans" that live in Dawsonville or Lovejoy. Every time and I mean every time I wear a GSU t-shirt or sweatshirt someone whether it's a cashier or cop or a passer-by, asks me about Coach Curry or when our first game is. But your intention isnt to make a considered opinion. You guys hate Atlanta and its residents. So stop hiding behind artifice and made up "I know a guy "stories and tell the truth in all your small minded, small town Mayberry glory. It's not our fault your best days are behind you and we will not be held back by YOUR failures.

panama
28th June 2010, 10:37 PM
Riggght...they are alums...where do they live? Statesboro? I mean I get at least one mailing every 6 weeks for GSU Athletics. The Robisnson School of Business's Quarterly Magazine has a featured column by Bill Curry. They would have to live under a boulder in Bedrock.

I know two Ga. State alum that had no idea they were starting a team until I told them on Memorial Day.

SouthernPride
28th June 2010, 10:53 PM
Pardon but your friend cannot either a) live in Atlanta and/or b) be a football fan. I mean, anybody who follows football and lives here knows. Must be one of those "Atlantans" that live in Dawsonville or Lovejoy. Every time and I mean every time I wear a GSU t-shirt or sweatshirt someone whether it's a cashier or cop or a passer-by, asks me about Coach Curry or when our first game is. But your intention isnt to make a considered opinion. You guys hate Atlanta and its residents. So stop hiding behind artifice and made up "I know a guy "stories and tell the truth in all your small minded, small town Mayberry glory. It's not our fault your best days are behind you and we will not be held back by YOUR failures.

Its not made up, people really don't know that you're trying to play football. As for Atlanta, we've got thousands of students from there. Half the people on this board are from there. Georgia Southern clearly doesn't hate Atlanta and Atlanta seems to love us. Keep talking crap about how we "live in the past" because at least we have a past. We have proven ourselves to be the best in the country 6 times. We have had a perfect 15-0 season while you guys might have a perfect 0-10 season. You just enjoy being the after thought in your own town. I would say "enjoy being the 2nd best team in your own town" but you've got to accomplish more than Morehouse or Clark Atlanta first.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/Icemonk_2008/Irrelevant.jpg?t=1277783387

BoroNative
29th June 2010, 07:06 AM
I mean I get at least one mailing every 6 weeks for GSU Athletics.

WOW, Lucas is working hard! I wish you'd send in a check. We could use the money!

GaSou93
29th June 2010, 08:05 AM
Riggght...they are alums...where do they live? Statesboro? I mean I get at least one mailing every 6 weeks for GSU Athletics. The Robisnson School of Business's Quarterly Magazine has a featured column by Bill Curry. They would have to live under a boulder in Bedrock.

Sorry to break it to you, but both live in Marietta. When I told them, they were like "Oh really."

BillyBob
29th June 2010, 08:29 AM
A big-name coach who is starting a program and is in town to begin with for the event? Not all that surprising. For all you know it may just be a blurb at the end of the show.

I'd expect them to spend about 50% of the time talking about UGA, about 25% of the time on Tech, about 15% of the time on college football topics not related to any of the three teams, and about 10% on Georgia State.

panama
29th June 2010, 09:44 AM
Let me get this straight, they live in Marietta, they are football fans and they didnt know despite the newspaper articles, the billboards, CBC appearing and more baby kissing events than Oxendine , the 1160 am constant mentions, local news, half a dozen local magazine articles, getting mentioned in every article that mentions the future of the Dome if/when the Falsons leave and the department of athletics trolling for alums (if you're in the Alumni Asociation you have gotten a mailing and actually about 5 or 6 in the last year) ...yet somehow as college football fans and supposed alums they did not know. Are they alums or did they just "attend". Because if theyre graduates and they like in Marietta and they did not know it must mean that they never leave the 2 mile circle around their homes AND are actively hiding from the GSU Alumni Asociation AND never read the AJC sports page or listen to the radio. I have run into people who did not know but it was always night time sigle mom students who are currently gong to GSU. They go to class and straight home and are not college football fans and could care less. I imagine there are Southern alumni who dont know what youre record was in 2009. It is conceivable I suppose to go to college and not like sports. But to be a grad and say, gee I didnt know...I mean I kept getting stuff from them AFTER I purchased my season ticket. Your friends should be the envy of Al-Qaeda for the hiding job they are doing.

Sorry to break it to you, but both live in Marietta. When I told them, they were like "Oh really."

panama
29th June 2010, 09:45 AM
I have to agree with this. Unless there is a question and Answer session with the audience I expect we wont get more than 10% of the time here.

A big-name coach who is starting a program and is in town to begin with for the event? Not all that surprising. For all you know it may just be a blurb at the end of the show.

I'd expect them to spend about 50% of the time talking about UGA, about 25% of the time on Tech, about 15% of the time on college football topics not related to any of the three teams, and about 10% on Georgia State.

GSCBBA1987
29th June 2010, 10:09 AM
Before I say this I want to qualify my comment....... This is not a smack comment.

I HAVE NEVER IN 45 YEARS ACTUALLY SEEN A GEORGIA STATE SHIRT.

I do not hang out in Atlanta a lot but I go there a good bit. At Braves games I might see 100 different high school and college clothing but never a Georgia State.

State has some things going for them but by and large they are in a tremendous up hill climb.

panama
29th June 2010, 10:39 AM
I see a lot of them around town, especially downtown. midtown and east atlanta. But it is an uphill climb. But then again, as much as I fly to Florida, this is the first year I have seen multiple USF t-shirts and baseball caps worn by passengers at Hartsfield. So we just have to keep plugging away.

Before I say this I want to qualify my comment....... This is not a smack comment.

I do not hang out in Atlanta a lot but I go there a good bit. At Braves games I might see 100 different high school and college clothing but never a Georgia State.

State has some things going for them but by and large they are in a tremendous up hill climb.

AcworthEagle
29th June 2010, 11:38 AM
I see a lot of them around town, especially downtown. midtown and east atlanta. But it is an uphill climb. But then again, as much as I fly to Florida, this is the first year I have seen multiple USF t-shirts and baseball caps worn by passengers at Hartsfield. So we just have to keep plugging away.

Comparing yourselves to USF now? Really? I mean....no way....REALLY?

SouthernPride
29th June 2010, 11:46 AM

They've managed to hire a washed up coach with a losing record, rent out a facility much too big for their needs, and schedule titans of division 2. Clearly they're on the way to big things.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:01 PM
Dont lose it! I am saying, 6 or 7 years ago most people had no idea USF existed. They were a non-descript urban school in south Florida. I travel to south Florida anywhere from 3 to 6 times a year. Gator and Hurricane gear are thenorm and always have been. Now you actually see USF gear which to me was a shock.

SaintDK10
29th June 2010, 12:03 PM

Before I say this, I want to say it also is not a smack comment. I was at the Braves game yesterday, and saw THREE different GSU shirts, one being the brand new Panther logo worn by seriously one of the hottest girls I've seen in a long time, and that says something considering the amount of talent at GSU.

Anyway, carry on.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:04 PM
Well we could have hired some no name assistant and played in high school stadium but hey we'll leave that to you guys. ;)

Like we would have gotten all those FBS transfers with Monken or whatever his name is and playing at Morris Brown. LOL

They've managed to hire a washed up coach with a losing record, rent out a facility much too big for their needs, and schedule titans of division 2. Clearly they're on the way to big things.

SaintDK10
29th June 2010, 12:05 PM
AHAHAHA!!! My favorite post of this thread so far! I can totally see how this could happen. If your friend is blind, deaf, under house arrest and has no access to TV or radio, yeah, it's quite possible, LOL!!!

panama
29th June 2010, 12:13 PM
My comment was directed at the sheer improbability of someone connected to GSU even remotely, actually living in Atlanta and over the past 2 years not having at any point realized we have a football team. In other news I am sure these same two alums walked across all 16 lanes of the Downtown Connector BLINDFOLDED without so much as receiving a scratch. Seriously, they either hate sports or are members of a religious cult without cable TV.

Why does every idiot think because GSU is located in Statesboro so does all its fans? News flash you are allowed to move out of the city limits of the university you attended, like most GaState students do that value at least semi responsible government leadership and personal safety. Second news flash, nearly half of all GSU students come from the ATL metro area. I bet most of the posters on here do not even live in Statesboro.

Also it does not matter one iota where a school is located as far as winning or growth. I can name countless FBS, FCS and DIV II schools that are highly successful that are located in the middle of nowhere. Available talent is number one and there is enough in GA to spread around. Your lame outdated "redneck" and "podunk" insults are mentally lazy, played out and lame.

SaintDK10
29th June 2010, 12:14 PM

Hey BillyBob, here is the only percentage you need to know: 0%. Yes, that is how much Sothern's coach, whatever the guy's name is, will get at this event, hosted by ESPN College Football Live's two biggest names, along side Tony Barnhart.

Now look, you Southern fans can try to spin this however you want, and really, I'm all supportive of the spin here because that is all you have left, but no matter how you slice it or dice it, the fact that your coach (seriously, what the heck was the guy's name again?) spent what, 2-3 years as GA Tech's assistant under a revitalized PJ program and STILL couldn't get an invite to this thing, pretty much tells everyone who is STILL IRRELEVANT.

GSUrebel
29th June 2010, 12:15 PM
Why does every idiot think because GSU is located in Statesboro so does all its fans? News flash you are allowed to move out of the city limits of the university you attended, like most GaState students do that value at least semi responsible government leadership and personal safety. Second news flash, nearly half of all GSU students come from the ATL metro area. I bet most of the posters on here do not even live in Statesboro.

Also it does not matter one iota where a school is located as far as winning or growth. I can name countless FBS, FCS and DIV II schools that are highly successful that are located in the middle of nowhere. Available talent is number one and there is enough in GA to spread around. Your lame outdated "redneck" and "podunk" insults are mentally lazy, played out and lame.

Give him a break, all the pollution and smog of Atlanta has probably killed the majority of his brain cells. I'm counting the days until I can move away from this hell hole and get back to actual Georgia, only a a couple of more weeks.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:17 PM
I can make the reverse argument that there are no successful FCS programs located in downtowns of metropolitan areas of 3 million people or more.
;)

Also it does not matter one iota where a school is located as far as winning or growth. I can name countless FBS, FCS and DIV II schools that are highly successful that are located in the middle of nowhere.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:21 PM
Yes all the podunk references exist in a vacuum because you guys are not cosntantly making comments like this about Atlanta. You take Atlanta out of Georgia and what do you get? South Carolina!

Give him a break, all the pollution and smog of Atlanta has probably killed the majority of his brain cells. I'm counting the days until I can move away from this hell hole and get back to actual Georgia, only a a couple of more weeks.

SaintDK10
29th June 2010, 12:27 PM
It says you live in Acworth. That would explain the hell hole part. Are you the supposed Georgia State grad that "lives in Atlanta" and has never heard of our football program? Because that would explain that also.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:36 PM
Hell, you can see that in Coob County or downtown Macon for that matter. LOL.
And lets not make this a political discussion. The State of Georgia at all levels is the most corrupt state in the United States.

But back to thread. The whole heartburn that Southern fans have is what? That we exist and that how dare we start a football team and how dare we start talking FBS. I would love to know what you guys think we should have done of course while addressing the point that there are no succesful FCS programs in downtowns of Metro Areas of 3 million or more.

I live in the metro area, I guess your ASSuming again that all Southern fans live within two miles of the university again. I just completed an appraisal in the "hot and upcoming" Kirwood area of Atlanta and watched the neighbor conduct drug deal like I was not even standing there watching it. Second time that has happened, I am guessing all the appraisers in podunk Statesboro don't see that type of thing and do not have to constantly check on their vehicle while conducting inspections to make sure nobody is breaking into it.
So GA without the actual city of Atlanta and its corrupt citizens, politicians, police and constant money pit projects.....ehh...a wash.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:37 PM
At the same time I wouldnt tell anyone I lived in Acworth.

Don't you live in Lawrenceville? I would not be bashing any other city.

GSUrebel
29th June 2010, 12:38 PM
It says you live in Acworth. That would explain the hell hole part. Are you the supposed Georgia State grad that "lives in Atlanta" and has never heard of our football program? Because that would explain that also.

I'm up here temporarily, I'm from the country and proud of it. I hate anything to do with the Atlanta area, thankfully I'm moving away from this place in a couple of weeks and hopefully I will never return. I also graduated from Georgia Southern, not some commuter school in the middle of a crime infested city.

AcworthEagle
29th June 2010, 12:39 PM
To be Irrelevant, wouldn't Georgia State had to have been relevant in the first place?

panama
29th June 2010, 12:40 PM
And that's the difference. I love the city and the country. No need to hate one just because you love the other.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:41 PM
I am saving this post to take a look at it on June 29th 2013. I wonder how it will hold up?:D

To be Irrelevant, wouldn't Georgia State had to have been relevant in the first place?

GSCBBA1987
29th June 2010, 12:45 PM
I am saving this post to take a look at it on June 29th 2013. I wonder how it will hold up?:D

Three things could happen by then and two of them are bad.....

SouthernPride
29th June 2010, 12:46 PM
Well we could have hired some no name assistant and played in high school stadium but hey we'll leave that to you guys. ;)

Like we would have gotten all those FBS transfers with Monken or whatever his name is and playing at Morris Brown. LOL

I would rather have an up and coming coach that has spent the last decade working under the best option coach in all of football than a guy who was proven to be a failure in his past several jobs. I would rather have a self built, 18000 capacity, on campus stadium filled to capacity than a rented facility with no heart or soul filled to 8% capacity.

GSUrebel
29th June 2010, 12:47 PM
And that's the difference. I love the city and the country. No need to hate one just because you love the other.

Well I don't love both so that is why I love one and hate the other. I honestly feel sorry for people that enjoy living in a place where all you see is asphalt and buildings, sit in traffic for an hour to go 10 miles, see the smog hovering over the city as you drive into it, where you turn on the news and all you hear about is somebody got murdered, arrested for drugs, etc. Why people enjoy this kind of life is beyond me.

I'll gladly take my backwards podunk area any day over the city and I could care less what the so called "elite" of the big city thought of me or where I'm from.

Anyways if people still care about your football team after the first year then I will give you some credit until then I will just chalk it up to first year hype.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:51 PM
For those fans just tuning in, in Statesboro failure = National Coach of the Year, SEC Coach of the Year, ACC Coach of the Year and the unswerving moral compass of an entire generation of coaches. We consider the fact that he call ESPN at 1 pm and be interviewed on air at 2 pm icing.;)

I would rather have an up and coming coach that has spent the last decade working under the best option coach in all of football than a guy who was proven to be a failure in his past several jobs. I would rather have a self built, 18000 capacity, on campus stadium filled to capacity than a rented facility with no heart or soul filled to 8% capacity.

AcworthEagle
29th June 2010, 12:55 PM
Do you guys even have enough Helmets and what not? I recall seeing an article awhile back that showed this to be some sort of problem.

GSUrebel
29th June 2010, 12:56 PM

Maybe they are basing their belief that he will be successful on the old baseball adage of that "he is due."

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 12:58 PM
Before I say this, I want to say it also is not a smack comment. I was at the Braves game yesterday, and saw THREE different GSU shirts, one being the brand new Panther logo worn by seriously one of the hottest girls I've seen in a long time, and that says something considering the amount of talent at GSU.

Anyway, carry on.

hahahaha...talent at GA State, now thats the funniest thing I've heard all day.

panama
29th June 2010, 12:58 PM
The country in GA is not Tahiti. The news is the same everywhere I go in the United States whether its South Texas which is REALLY podunk or California valley or Macon or Augusta. I am sorry you had a bad experience in Cherokee/Cobb. But hey they voted to create that traffic mess in 1990 so they can choke on the smog. I live in East Atlanta and work in Hapeville so my comute is 17 minutes on surface roads with zero traffic. So we all have to make our own quality of life decisions. I used to work near Cumberland and I could have stayed there or gotten more money to go to Alpharetta. No thanks, I dont need the aggravation. None of which has anything to do as to why Southern opposes us having foortball and especially FBS football.

Well I don't love both so that is why I love one and hate the other. I honestly feel sorry for people that enjoy living in a place where all you see is asphalt and buildings, sit in traffic for an hour to go 10 miles, see the smog hovering over the city as you drive into it, where you turn on the news and all you hear about is somebody got murdered, arrested for drugs, etc. Why people enjoy this kind of life is beyond me.

I'll gladly take my backwards podunk area any day over the city and I could care less what the so called "elite" of the big city thought of me or where I'm from.

Anyways if people still care about your football team after the first year then I will give you some credit until then I will just chalk it up to first year hype.

panama
29th June 2010, 01:01 PM
Man you dont even want to go there...lol. Best looking co-eds in the southern United States. 31 Flavors dude. And if anyone tells my wife I will hunt you down..lol. Seriously, who has a more diverse student body and since it is Atlanta:rolleyes: they DO dress to impress. they should call it Club GSU.

hahahaha...talent at GA State, now thats the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 01:03 PM
I think it's funny that panama and SaintDik have to come to our board where they can actually get someone to respond to their posts. Has the membership over at the Ga State board hit 20 yet?

panama
29th June 2010, 01:03 PM
LOL LOL LOL...are really just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks...lol. We just built a football facility and practice fields. I think we have the helmets covered. LOL

:D
Do you guys even have enough Helmets and what not? I recall seeing an article awhile back that showed this to be some sort of problem.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 01:06 PM
Man you dont even want to go there...lol. Best looking co-eds in the southern United States. 31 Flavors dude. And if anyone tells my wife I will hunt you down..lol. Seriously, who has a more diverse student body and since it is Atlanta:rolleyes: they DO dress to impress. they should call it Club GSU.

I guess if you have a thing for 45 year old mother's of 3. Whatever floats your boat.

AcworthEagle
29th June 2010, 01:06 PM
LOL LOL LOL...are really just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks...lol. We just built a football facility and practice fields. I think we have the helmets covered. LOL

I wasn't kidding.I seriously read that whoever supplies you guys had made a mistake and there was really not enough of....well, anything, to go around.

panama
29th June 2010, 01:08 PM
There are at least two posters to our message board who work for the team so I am sure that is a fabrication.

I wasn't kidding.I seriously read that whoever supplies you guys had made a mistake and there was really not enough of....well, anything, to go around.

GSUrebel
29th June 2010, 01:09 PM
For those fans just tuning in, in Statesboro failure = National Coach of the Year, SEC Coach of the Year, ACC Coach of the Year and the unswerving moral compass of an entire generation of coaches. We consider the fact that he call ESPN at 1 pm and be interviewed on air at 2 pm icing.;)
Not counting .500 seasons, I don't consider .500 a winning season, just treading water.
6 winning seasons out of 17 seasons. Two of those only 6 win seasons.

3 winning seasons out of 7 at Tech. No winning seasons at Kentucky.

So the guy won at Alabama for three years, couldn't be beat Auburn and he is suppose to be a coaching genius?

panama
29th June 2010, 01:10 PM
Before 4:30 its 18 to 22 year olds. After 4:30 its your older students who by the way are still mighty fine. At any age they still are Atlanta women folks.

I guess if you have a thing for 45 year old mother's of 3. Whatever floats your boat.

SaintDK10
29th June 2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it makes sense. Why have two-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl winner, ACC Coach of the Year, SEC Coach of the Year and Bobby Dodd National Coach of the Year, when you can have a guy that hasn't proven ANYTHING by himself. And yeah, why would you play in a pro-class facility when you can play in a glorified high school stadium.

This kind of mentality is exactly why after 6 national championships, Southern is less relevant that the start-up in Atlanta. Short-sighted and ignorant fans, just like their administration. Keep on posting replays of Furman vs. Southern circa 19-who gives a ****. The future for Southern will never be as bright as its past, so might as well live in the past.

panama
29th June 2010, 01:13 PM
Hey, youre happy with your guy? I am happy with mine. I am sure Star Jackson would have signed with Frankenberry or whatever his name is if we had hired him. I am also sure he would have gotten more donations than CBC.

Not counting .500 seasons, I don't consider .500 a winning season, just treading water.
6 winning seasons out of 17 seasons. Two of those only 6 win seasons.

3 winning seasons out of 7 at Tech. No winning seasons at Kentucky.

So the guy won at Alabama for three years, couldn't be beat Auburn and he is suppose to be a coaching genius?

SaintDK10
29th June 2010, 01:16 PM
Don't you live in Lawrenceville? I would not be bashing any other city.
Yeah, and why do you think I've been living in Atlanta for the past 11 years?

panama
29th June 2010, 01:16 PM
oooooo! Buuuurnnn! Why dont save the insults for your lousy administration and athletic department.

I think it's funny that panama and SaintDik have to come to our board where they can actually get someone to respond to their posts. Has the membership over at the Ga State board hit 20 yet?

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it makes sense. Why have two-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl winner, ACC Coach of the Year, SEC Coach of the Year and Bobby Dodd National Coach of the Year, when you can have a guy that hasn't proven ANYTHING by himself. And yeah, why would you play in a pro-class facility when you can play in a glorified high school stadium.

This kind of mentality is exactly why after 6 national championships, Southern is less relevant that the start-up in Atlanta. Short-sighted and ignorant fans, just like their administration. Keep on posting replays of Furman vs. Southern circa 19-who gives a ****. The future for Southern will never be as bright as its past, so might as well live in the past.

It should look great when more people show up for the GHSA state games than yours. Better keep those cameras as close to field level as possible.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 01:20 PM
oooooo! Buuuurnnn! Why dont save the insults for your lousy administration and athletic department.

I suggest going back to the hole you crawled out of if you can't handle it.

panama
Pretty sad when your Atletic Department 10 year plan is one bulletpoint read,

* Hope and Pray That GSU Fails!!!!

It should look great when more people show up for the GHSA state games than yours. Better keep those cameras as close to field level as possible.

GSCBBA1987

that is a different thread entirely........We need to take pointers on how to run off admins from you guys. You were able to run the lady off during the middle of the football birth. We need to take notes to get rid of a few.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 01:29 PM
Pretty sad when your Atletic Department 10 year plan is one bulletpoint read,

* Hope and Pray That GSU Fails!!!!

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/yawn.gif

Eagle22
29th June 2010, 01:30 PM
There are at least two posters to our message board who work for the team so I am sure that is a fabrication.

Word to the wise. Tell them to keep their traps shut. Though from what little I've read on the state board, the horse is already out of the barn.

Transmitting inside information usually leads to job insecurity and or concerned coaching staffs, neither of which is healthy for the team.

Just my $0.02 worth. Been doing this (messageboard stuff) for 13 years now, and seen a lot of folks get chewed up in the process.

SouthernPride
29th June 2010, 02:23 PM

I clearly said "over the past several years." The guy managed a couple of good seasons and then really fell off the wagon. Just look at his resume. He couldn't hold down a job for more than 2 years before they ran him off. He hasn't had a winning season in who knows how long.

I'll tell you why I would rather have OUR HOUSE than the Atlanta Falcons'/truck show/Honda Battle of the Bands/boat show/basketball/high school stadium. It is OURS. We own it and its where championships are won. You say "high school" all you want, but the dome is the only place I see high schoolers playing... and they'll probably draw better crowds than you too.

As long as we're talking about women, every school likes to say that they have hotties, but Georgia Southern is God's Country for cute girls. Nobody who has ever been here doubts the quality of our women.

parr90
29th June 2010, 02:38 PM
Dont you guys just love it when fans of a team that hasnt played a game yet in their history can talk so much junk? I sense some penis envy hear boys.

panama
29th June 2010, 03:06 PM
Right right, because we're always reducing every conversation to pole legnth...:rolleyes:

panama
29th June 2010, 03:08 PM
And thank the Lord we did. She was hand picked by the previous anti-football president and she is the main reason we're stuck in a VA-centric basketball conference.

that is a different thread entirely........We need to take pointers on how to run off admins from you guys. You were able to run the lady off during the middle of the football birth. We need to take notes to get rid of a few.

GaSou93
29th June 2010, 03:14 PM
Here's how I see this whole deal. It's like a rookie taken in the top 5 of the NFL draft coming into training camp. Yeah, he's getting some pub and he got the fat paycheck. But there's this veteran there holding the position that this "kid" has supposedly been brought in to take over. Well, the veteran is a former All-Pro who has had a couple of off years, but may still have some gas left in the tank.
Of course the new kid is getting all the pub, etc. The kid may be the next All-Pro but he could just as well be a first-round bust. There are stories from each side of the coin to reference. Only time will tell which side this new kid ends up on.
Overall, at the end of the day, the kid and the veteran may hate one anothers guts. Pretty likely. The fact remains, in most cases, the kid has to beat out the veteran before the job is his.

So, best of luck to the "kid" in this case. I wish no ill will toward you. However, don't expect the "vet" to just sit around and wait for his job to be taken away. The vet is gonna put up a fight, no matter who thinks it's relevant or not.

If you wanna come in here puffing your chest out cause your coach got invited to some media thing, great. I would fully expect Coach Curry to get an invite. I think it would be a slap in his face if he hadn't, since he was employed by ESPN for years. And yes, you're right, he's a class act with a great rep. He just recently spoke at my church and is to be admired.

But all the goodwill doesn't mean a thing if the team tanks on the field. So, until you put a few ticks in the W column, it's all window dressing and the chest-puffing is false bravado....HOPING for the best.

Only time will tell.

panama
29th June 2010, 03:16 PM
LOL...Like I said in my first post, only Saint. As soon as that story came out we all knew he was headed over here.

KJ Eagle
29th June 2010, 03:24 PM
Dont lose it! I am saying, 6 or 7 years ago most people had no idea USF existed. They were a non-descript urban school in south Florida. I travel to south Florida anywhere from 3 to 6 times a year. Gator and Hurricane gear are thenorm and always have been. Now you actually see USF gear which to me was a shock.

Sorry to break it to you big boy, but USF isn't in "south Florida". Tampa is about as close to the middle of the state as you can get when talking about north and south. Must be some of that gastate edumacation at it's highest level.

panama
29th June 2010, 03:33 PM
oh...My...GAWD!!!!! You guys will argue about anything! Tampa IS considered South Florida by Floridians hence the name of the university. "middle" or more properly Central Florida is that stretch between Inverness to to Gainesville. (Are we realy talking about this? And how is it relevant to my comment???)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry to break it to you big boy, but USF isn't in "south Florida". Tampa is about as close to the middle of the state as you can get when talking about north and south. Must be some of that gastate edumacation at it's highest level.

parr90
29th June 2010, 04:03 PM
Penis envy!

panama
29th June 2010, 04:21 PM
Kidding aside...I have several google news alerts set up for subjects like football + Georgia State, for example. This thread was just sent to me in a news alert. How sad. Kind of reinforces my Theory of Circular Message Board Threads that Become News Stories.

panama
29th June 2010, 04:23 PM
Message Board Tourette's?

Penis envy!

KJ Eagle
29th June 2010, 04:33 PM
oh...My...GAWD!!!!! You guys will argue about anything! Tampa IS considered South Florida by Floridians hence the name of the university. "middle" or more properly Central Florida is that stretch between Inverness to to Gainesville. (Are we realy talking about this? And how is it relevant to my comment???)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

you're right, we will. :) But having lived in Orlando for 20 years, trust me "floridians" don't consider tampa to be part of South Florida. Just because some drunk hillbilly in Tampa named the school USF don't make it right.

And to answer your question, yes we are talking about this, and it's relevant cause I want it to be... ;)

panama
29th June 2010, 04:35 PM
LOL! Only married women can get away with your last point.

you're right, we will. :) But having lived in Orlando for 20 years, trust me "floridians" don't consider tampa to be part of South Florida. Just because some drunk hillbilly in Tampa named the school USF don't make it right.

And to answer your question, yes we are talking about this, and it's relevant cause I want it to be... ;)

KJ Eagle
29th June 2010, 04:44 PM
LOL! Only married women can get away with your last point.

Good point.

panama
29th June 2010, 06:54 PM
I would venture a guess that (I am actually certain) that you could win conference championships yearly at the FCS level inside a city like NY/Miami/Atlanta/ Washington/Houston/Chicago and nobody would care just because of the competition for the entertainement dollar.

It could be just a coincedence, again location of a university is not going to win you any games or get significant FBS type attendance. Only winning will and you have yet to do that, which is the source of the irratation GSU fans as well as a lot of posters on the AGS board have with GaState football fans all five of you.

SouthernPride
29th June 2010, 08:38 PM
I would venture a guess that (I am actually certain) that you could win conference championships yearly at the FCS level inside a city like NY/Miami/Atlanta/ Washington/Houston/Chicago and nobody would care just because of the competition for the entertainement dollar.

And we have arrived at the crux of the issue. State has no respect for the FCS and you simply don't realize how tough it is. The FCS is Division 1 football and it has good teams; damn good teams. You think you can walk in, throw a couple of shmucks on the field, and walk off with a win because the FCS is some sort of pit stop. Once you run into a team like Jacksonville State (which is about a middle caliber FCS team) and get beaten like a drum, you might realize how hard it is to be a champion at this level.

panama
29th June 2010, 08:54 PM
Whoa ..slowdown cowboy...where did you get that I don't respect FCS football??? What I said is that because of competition from the NFL, Arena League and FBS there aren't any successful FCS programs in large cities. The major universities in large cities for the most are smart enough to know that to try and go FCS when you have FBS and/or NFL in your backyard is financial suicide. I at not time said anything about about disrespecting FCS football. I just believe that it and the CAA are a poor fit for GSU. Being a downtown school in a metro are of 6 million I think we either have to go FBS or drop down to Div II or III. There is a reason that Hofstra dropped football after a billion years and that UNO is dropping down to Div III. Having said that I don't expect to beat JSU and I don't consider the #16 FCS team in 2009 is a middle caliber FCS team. But I also dont think that financially ANY FCS team can make it long term in a big city. And by the way, I have been trying to think of one all afternoon and night and I am coming up empty. Look it aint personal although I do loathe you guys;), but seriously there is a reason that UTSA, FAU, FIU, USF, USA and Lamar all did the same studies and came to the same conclusion of going FBS as an end state solution.
And we have arrived at the crux of the issue. State has no respect for the FCS and you simply don't realize how tough it is. The FCS is Division 1 football and it has good teams; damn good teams. You think you can walk in, throw a couple of shmucks on the field, and walk off with a win because the FCS is some sort of pit stop. Once you run into a team like Jacksonville State (which is about a middle caliber FCS team) and get beaten like a drum, you might realize how hard it is to be a champion at this level.

GSCBBA1987
29th June 2010, 09:01 PM
Whoa ..slowdown cowboy...where did you get that I don't respect FCS football??? What I said is that because of competition from the NFL, Arena League and FBS there aren't any successful FCS programs in large cities. The major universities in large cities for the most are smart enough to know that to try and go FCS when you have FBS and/or NFL in your backyard is financial suicide. I at not time said anything about about disrespecting FCS football. I just believe that it and the CAA are a poor fit for GSU. Being a downtown school in a metro are of 6 million I think we either have to go FBS or drop down to Div II or III. There is a reason that Hofstra dropped football after a billion years and that UNO is dropping down to Div III. Having said that I don't expect to beat JSU and I don't consider the #16 FCS team in 2009 is a middle caliber FCS team. But I also dont think that financially ANY FCS team can make it long term in a big city. And by the way, I have been trying to think of one all afternoon and night and I am coming up empty. Look it aint personal although I do loathe you guys;), but seriously there is a reason that UTSA, FAU, FIU, USF, USA and Lamar all did the same studies and came to the same conclusion of going FBS as an end state solution.

Have you ever been to Boston with it's like 18 universities. Northeastern went out of biz but UMASS has done ok. they are a few miles from downtown.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 09:02 PM
The defending national champion, Villanova, is from Philly.

panama
29th June 2010, 09:05 PM
Ok , so Umass and Nova. We can probably name 2 more I bet. But thats out of the top 15 or 20 metro areas in the United States. And both of those schools are talking FBS. Just saying, it is not easy at all.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 09:14 PM
Just checked GA State's board out of curiosity. "There are currently 9 users online." Oh yeah, can you guess what's the most users they have had online at one time? If you guess 36, you are the winner! No wonder you boys are here...it has to get awfully lonely over there.

panama
29th June 2010, 09:33 PM
Bro, I have worked in IT for close to 20 years. I can multitask.;)
I have about 15 tabs open in Firefox and about 7 are message boards. LOL

Just checked GA State's board out of curiosity. "There are currently 9 users online." Oh yeah, can you guess what's the most users they have had online at one time? If you guess 36, you are the winner! No wonder you boys are here...it has to get awfully lonely over there.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 09:35 PM
Bro, I have worked in IT for close to 20 years. I can multitask.;)
I have about 15 tabs open in Firefox and about 7 are message boards. LOL

Cool. That IT experience should come in handy while you are trying to find out how to get more than 10 people to your board.

Hammer22
29th June 2010, 09:36 PM
No wonder you boys are here...it has to get awfully lonely over there.

You guys just brought over another one too. Glad to be here.

We need to schedule GSU vs. GSU ASAP. I'm sure both schools will travel well for this one. This year Southern may beat State (notice the may), but after this season State will stay the victor.

panama
29th June 2010, 09:38 PM
I say we both need to move up. This rivalry has the makings of Clean Old Fashioned Hate 2.0

AcworthEagle
29th June 2010, 09:54 PM

We need to schedule GSU vs. GSU ASAP. I'm sure both schools will travel well for this one. This year Southern may beat State (notice the may), but after this season State will stay the victor.

Lambuth may beat you....We would DESTROY you.

GSCBBA1987
29th June 2010, 10:12 PM
I would like to see the GSU vs GaState game but I would like to wait until after this season for State to see what year it should happen.

If they beat the NAIA's then it would be ok to go ahead and get it scheduled. If they struggle against Shorter and Lambuth it might should be a few years longer.

Hammer22
29th June 2010, 10:15 PM

The only destroying that you all are doing is destroying lives by spreading those herpes around.

GSCBBA1987
29th June 2010, 10:22 PM
The only destroying that you all are doing is destroying lives by spreading those herpes around.

All that started just because one guy visited the ATL and come back to Statesboro with something.

AcworthEagle
29th June 2010, 10:23 PM

What is the obsession with Georgia State and the Herp? Kinda creepy, if you know catch what I'm saying.

Also, the arrogance you all exude is stunning. I mean, Really. You've sold 2,000 season tickets. you have 28,000 seats available. The only way to put ***** in the seats is to win. Are you guys gonna do that? I doubt it. Hey, I'd like to see you do well. we could use a new rival. Furman isn't much of a Rival anymore.

Walt3412
29th June 2010, 10:31 PM
I would like to see the GSU vs GaState game but I would like to wait until after this season for State to see what year it should happen.

If they beat the NAIA's then it would be ok to go ahead and get it scheduled. If they struggle against Shorter and Lambuth it might should be a few years longer.

I say go ahead and schedule it. We are due to give somebody a Johnson C. Smith type beating.

GATA ERK
29th June 2010, 10:33 PM

I walked through Ga State campus recently and there is plenty of HIV, Gonnorreah, Syphlis hanging all around there. Not to mention they follow you around begging for money. Not to mention they are all packing heat and you are lucky if you don't get shot.

Don't forget Ga Southern's avg freshman SAT is higher than Ga State.

Hammer22
29th June 2010, 11:38 PM
All that started just because one guy visited the ATL and come back to Statesboro with something.

Nice one.

But, you forget that he got it after he took home the town slut at the Statesboro Boiled Peanut Festival.

panama
30th June 2010, 07:06 AM
Yes we do have a lot of down on their luck Southern grads downtown begging for money and/or relevance. The rest of the Southern grads in town are fraddy cat Braves fans running around like extras in a Godzilla film.

I walked through Ga State campus recently and there is plenty of HIV, Gonnorreah, Syphlis hanging all around there. Not to mention they follow you around begging for money. Not to mention they are all packing heat and you are lucky if you don't get shot.

SouthernPride
30th June 2010, 07:19 AM
Yes we do have a lot of down on their luck Southern grads downtown begging for money and/or relevance. The rest of the Southern grads in town are fraddy cat Braves fans running around like extras in a Godzilla film.

You're trying too hard here. You guys aren't very good at this whole smack thing. We've blasted some good stuff that you haven't even tried to come back from. Instead, you go back to your default po' redneck with STDs material, which isn't even true by the way.

panama
30th June 2010, 08:49 AM
You have issues bro. Where in my brilliant diatribe did you read po' redneck? I wrote broke southern grad and rich (if youre going to Braves games) suburban/exurban Southern grad.

You're trying too hard here. You guys aren't very good at this whole smack thing. We've blasted some good stuff that you haven't even tried to come back from. Instead, you go back to your default po' redneck with STDs material, which isn't even true by the way.

SouthernPride
30th June 2010, 08:59 AM
I'm speaking about the general smack. All your material centers around redneck jokes and misinformed STD comments.

TALON
30th June 2010, 09:07 AM
Well "SouthernPride" its like this-

Georgia State fans are fixated on STDs due to the environment in which they live.
Hear its an overwhelming concern on there campus where you can find a condom machine, Clorox & scrub brush in every classroom and dormitory. I hear tell that Ga.State students will follow the same plan as Appellation State fans do to combat proliferation of STDs on there campus. “They will inbreed”.as their brethren to the north due. Drastic you say, well look what its done fore the Stump Busters program!

Short sighted you say SouthernPride. True I say ,but the "Dean of STDs", at GaSt, is in a dilemma. The Dean States -“ We have genitalia littering our campus, they just drop off. At this rate we will have a generational gap in future attendance and contributions.” Hopefully this explains why Bill Curry was invited along with Mark Ritch and PJ , to the “Atlanta” Sports Council’s STD muncheon. I can see no other reason why Methuselah would be invited for a program that has never won or played a football game.

"It’s time for the Atlanta Sports Council’s annual College Football Preview Luncheon presented by AT&T and Georgia’s Best Chevy Dealers. Join us on July 27th at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis as ESPN’s Lee Corso, Mark May and Brad Nessler offer their predictions for the upcoming college football season, while Tony Barnhart will get a look inside the huddle with coaches Mark Richt, Paul Johnson and Bill Curry."

brunswickeagle22
30th June 2010, 09:52 AM
This whole thread is pretty amusing considering the fact that the Velvet Jones School of Technology has yet to play a down on the field. Maybe in ten years this topic will be relevant, but until then I'm going to enjoy watching the late night Sally Struthers informmercials explaining how I can go back to VJSoT and get a degree in:

Business Assiocates
Criminal Justice
Dentistry
Kool-Aid mixing
Shoe Tying
Burger Flipping
Hair Styling
Light Bulb Changing
Soda Can Collecting
Toupee Testing
Hand Modeling
and Ear Wax Removal

That is all

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 10:19 AM
This whole thread is pretty amusing considering the fact that the Velvet Jones School of Technology has yet to play a down on the field. Maybe in ten years this topic will be relevant, but until then I'm going to enjoy watching the late night Sally Struthers informmercials explaining how I can go back to VJSoT and get a degree in:

Business Assiocates
Criminal Justice
Dentistry
Kool-Aid mixing
Shoe Tying
Burger Flipping
Hair Styling
Light Bulb Changing
Soda Can Collecting
Toupee Testing
Hand Modeling
and Ear Wax Removal

That is all

Case Closed......:D

Hammer22
30th June 2010, 10:31 AM
All your material centers around redneck jokes and misinformed STD comments.

B/c that's all Statesboro is about. If the place had more, trust me, we'd talk about more. Go back to cow tipping.

panama
30th June 2010, 10:37 AM
And all of yours is about penis size and crime ridden campuses.

I'm speaking about the general smack. All your material centers around redneck jokes and misinformed STD comments.

SouthernPride
30th June 2010, 10:39 AM
And all of yours is about penis size and crime ridden campuses.

Once again, there was plenty of good smack above, but you couldn't respond to it. You've got no real material, just played out gags that aren't even accurate.

panama
30th June 2010, 10:46 AM
Top 10 in Law School Grads passing the Bar. Top 10 Felxible MBA program.

And you are?????

Notable Alumni - Robinson College of Business

http://robinson.gsu.edu/alumni/notable_alumni.html

Business Assiocates
Criminal Justice
Dentistry
Kool-Aid mixing
Shoe Tying
Burger Flipping
Hair Styling
Light Bulb Changing
Soda Can Collecting
Toupee Testing
Hand Modeling
and Ear Wax Removal

That is all

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th June 2010, 10:52 AM
Top 10 in Law School Grads passing the Bar. Top 10 Felxible MBA program.

And you are?????

Notable Alumni - Robinson College of Business

http://robinson.gsu.edu/alumni/notable_alumni.html

Alot of your grads may pass the bar, but I have a feeling they can't pass basic math since 27 is not in the top 10. http://www.ilrg.com/rankings/law/index.php/1/desc/Bar

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 01:29 PM

Don't forget, GSU graduates' average salary is higher than Southern's, although, that's not saying much but you get my point.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 01:35 PM
With what? Your middle-of-the-pack (at best) SoCon team? LOL, this is just too cute. Our current OL would probably walk all over that poor excuse of a defense you guys got going down in Statesboro.

panama
30th June 2010, 01:36 PM
I think when they can come up with a list of notable Business School alumni even a third long we can start to have a conversation.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 01:40 PM
Alot of your grads may pass the bar, but I have a feeling they can't pass basic math since 27 is not in the top 10. http://www.ilrg.com/rankings/law/index.php/1/desc/Bar
Oh my, you can't even make this stuff up. GSU Law school is Top 10 in bar passage rates in the Southeast you numbskull, and 27th in the nation, even ahead of UGA. But who am I kidding, we can't match Southern's academic prowess, LOL!

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 01:42 PM
I think when they can come up with a list of notable Business School alumni even a third long we can start to have a conversation.
If they had any good amount of notable alumni, they wouldn't be still in FCS. But the fact of the matter is, Southern is a make-shift junior college with horrendous academic programs and a once great football team. But without the football team, they are reduced to nothing more than Clayton State U stature, if that.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 01:45 PM
Wow big upgrade there....hey aren't you missing ick in your screen name?
Uhh, yeah Mr. Appraiser, living in Buckhead is quite an upgrade from Lawrenceville. I'm sure even YOUR comps will prove that one, LOL!

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th June 2010, 01:46 PM
Don't forget, GSU graduates' average salary is higher than Southern's, although, that's not saying much but you get my point.

According to payscale.com Ga State's average starting wage is 41,200 compared to GSU's 39,000. Not a huge difference if you ask me considering we graduate so many teachers. http://www.payscale.com/best-colleges/southern-colleges.asp

Dave.
30th June 2010, 01:55 PM
If they had any good amount of notable alumni, they wouldn't be still in FCS. But the fact of the matter is, Southern is a make-shift junior college with horrendous academic programs and a once great football team. But without the football team, they are reduced to nothing more than Clayton State U stature, if that.

Well, the same could be said for a school that has neglected STARTING football :D

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th June 2010, 01:58 PM
Oh my, you can't even make this stuff up. GSU Law school is Top 10 in bar passage rates in the Southeast you numbskull, and 27th in the nation, even ahead of UGA. But who am I kidding, we can't match Southern's academic prowess, LOL!

What's with the name-calling? Your fellow poster didn't clarify region, he just wanted to throw out some statistic hoping no one would check up on it, when I did you then had to qualify the statement while insulting me because I'm not a mind-reader. :rolleyes:

panama
30th June 2010, 02:01 PM
Seriously...I am going to die from snickering...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Southern_University_alumni

GaSou93
30th June 2010, 02:05 PM

Best news I've heard all week!!!

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 02:11 PM
According to payscale.com Ga State's average starting wage is 41,200 compared to GSU's 39,000. Not a huge difference if you ask me considering we graduate so many teachers. http://www.payscale.com/best-colleges/southern-colleges.asp
No, not huge at undergrad level, which is what you posted, but at master's and PhD level, it's astronomical. GSU has graduated more Fortune 500 CEOs than any school in the world. Southern has graduated more Fortune 500 secretaries that blow those CEOs under the table. I hope that clears it up for you.

Dave.
30th June 2010, 02:13 PM
No, not huge at undergrad level, which is what you posted, but at master's and PhD level, it's astronomical. GSU has graduated more Fortune 500 CEOs than any school in the world. Southern has graduated more Fortune 500 secretaries that blow those CEOs under the table. I hope that clears it up for you.

....and apparently they have children for fans. Seriously guys, clean up the act a little if you're going to hang around.

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 02:14 PM

Notice that list of professional football players...how many do you guys have?:confused:

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 02:16 PM
When people start talking academics, it's because they have nothing else to hang their hats on. Really, if Ga State had any kind of athletic achievement, would they even be talking about how good their law school is? What a joke.

GaSou93
30th June 2010, 02:18 PM
When people start talking academics, it's because they have nothing else to hang their hats on. Really, if Ga State had any kind of athletic achievement, would they even be talking about how good their law school is? What a joke.

Yeah, it's the same argument Tech has been using against UGA for the last 50 years as UGA has owned that rivalry on the field.

BlueTide
30th June 2010, 02:20 PM

And guess where those CEO's send their $$$$, where they got their undergraduate degree. State is community college.

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th June 2010, 02:25 PM
To be so big and important, ya'll sure do have a lot of free time to spend responding to posts every 5 minutes or so.

SouthernPride
30th June 2010, 03:15 PM
If they had any good amount of notable alumni, they wouldn't be still in FCS.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I hear Harvard and Yale don't have any good alums. Again, your smack talk is weak. Most of your posts make no sense and could use a dose of reality. This is like 7 times you guys have failed to come back from our (actually good) smack and instead resort to childish insults that would be laughed off the 3rd grade playground. You probably shouldn't even attempt talking crap until your team gains 1 yard of offense.

ValleyBoy
30th June 2010, 03:19 PM

Saint what is your source for this information. I would hate for you to be blowing sand out of your butt.
Work of advice Saint if you are going to post items such as "GSU has graduated more Fortune 500 CEOs than any school in the world." you better beable to back it up with facts because someone will look up the numbers or even compile the numbers themself just to be able to sink your cat loving tail.

GSUrebel
30th June 2010, 03:23 PM
Ahh falling back on academics Furman grads and Atlanta community college grads must hang out together.

GSUrebel
30th June 2010, 03:36 PM

Didin't see anything about gstate here, this article is from 1990 so I will give you that but still, not seeing the most in the world anywhere

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html (]http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1990/06/18/73671/index.htm[/URL]

[URL=)
The only one on this list was from Bank of America. So your proud graduate is running a company that came crawling to the government begging for a handout and is also well known as having some of the worst customer service in the banking industry.

://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html ("http)

Still not seeing anything about most CEO's in the world

HAIL SOUTHERN!
30th June 2010, 04:01 PM
Didin't see anything about gstate here, this article is from 1990 so I will give you that but still, not seeing the most in the world anywhere

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html (]http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1990/06/18/73671/index.htm[/URL]

[URL=)
The only one on this list was from Bank of America. So your proud graduate is running a company that came crawling to the government begging for a handout and is also well known as having some of the worst customer service in the banking industry.

://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1227055,00.html ("http)

Still not seeing anything about most CEO's in the world

Not Fortune 500, but here's a list of colleges with the most CEO's...no sign of GaSt...

http://greatcollegeadvice.com/which-colleges-produce-the-most-ceos/

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 04:24 PM
These State guys are the best Academic Smack I have heard this side of that great football power, Davidson.

I have decided to send my kids to school there but when I mentioned it to their Mom she said no way. She said, "The Army infantry is safer and better trained than Georgia State Students!"

At the same time State still averages 16 people going to basketball games and their football team still S U X !

panama
30th June 2010, 04:27 PM
To be clear, somene called us the Velvet Jones school of something or other...I only countered...lol

Still snickering at Southern trying to talk down OUR academics.

GATA ERK
30th June 2010, 04:47 PM
Not Fortune 500, but here's a list of colleges with the most CEO's...no sign of GaSt...

I bet if you Wiki the top 10 list for most Thug alums Ga State will be in the top 5.

I guarantee you few if any of the CEOs went there as an undergrad. They may have taken an online MBA class or something, but if they are smart enough to be a CEO they are smart enough to know not to live in that war zone as an undergrad.

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 04:53 PM
To be clear, somene called us the Velvet Jones school of something or other...I only countered...lol

Yeah, it's almost as funny as you fools trying to run smack without playing a down of football. And did you really just use the word snicker?

Dave.
30th June 2010, 04:53 PM
You guys with the "thug" talk are about on the same level as their STD talk.

GATA ERK
30th June 2010, 05:00 PM

See Page 22. Ga State Avg Freshman SAT 6th in the state, two spots behind Ga Southern. Ouch

http://services.georgiasouthern.edu/osra/fb0708_web.pdf

parr90
30th June 2010, 05:14 PM
Penis envy!

GaSou93
30th June 2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it's almost as funny as you fools trying to run smack without playing a down of football. And did you really just use the word snicker?

Yep, he's used it twice today. Other than talking about candy bars, I don't think I've ever seen the word snicker on here before today.

panama
30th June 2010, 07:07 PM
You guys are also making me chuckle and guffaw...:D

Yep, he's used it twice today. Other than talking about candy bars, I don't think I've ever seen the word snicker on here before today.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 07:42 PM
Saint what is your source for this information. I would hate for you to be blowing sand out of your butt.
Work of advice Saint if you are going to post items such as "GSU has graduated more Fortune 500 CEOs than any school in the world." you better beable to back it up with facts because someone will look up the numbers or even compile the numbers themself just to be able to sink your cat loving tail.
Actually, someone did compile the numbers "themself" and published them a few years back. The name of the publication is Fortune Magazine, though I doubt it's as popular of a magazine down in the Valley as Trailer Homes Illustrated or Meth Labs Weekly.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 07:45 PM
When people start talking academics, it's because they graduated from a respectable institution that values academics as a point of pride. Luckily, Southern doesn't have that "problem."

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 07:49 PM
When people start talking academics, it's because they graduated from a respectable institution that values academics as a point of pride. Luckily, Southern doesn't have that "problem."

No, no it's really not. It's actually just like I said it. Nobody ever paid money to come cheer on a math class.

GATA ERK
30th June 2010, 07:49 PM
Actually, someone did compile the numbers "themself" and published them a few years back. The name of the publication is Fortune Magazine, though I doubt it's as popular of a magazine down in the Valley as Trailer Homes Illustrated or Meth Labs Weekly.

I think are confusing that with the ranking of "campus where most fortune 500 CEOS have been shot or mugged" Ga State is definitely #1 there.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 07:51 PM

I tried clicking on your links and neither of the worked, but here is a nice little link that should put things in perspective for you about where GSU ranks:

http://robinson.gsu.edu/recruiters/survey.html

Yeah, that would be ahead of Harvard, Emory, Tech, UGA, Duke, etc.

GATA ERK
30th June 2010, 07:51 PM

Its too funny you guys think Ga State is so great academically and your average freshman SAT score is behind Ga Southern. Lets be honest, neither will be confused with an Ivy league school.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 07:53 PM
No, no it's really not. It's actually just like I said it. Nobody ever paid money to come cheer on a math class.
No, they paid money to get a good education, but again, we're talking about a foreign subject to Southern fans so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

GATA ERK
30th June 2010, 07:53 PM
I tried clicking on your links and neither of the worked, but here is a nice little link that should put things in perspective for you about where GSU ranks:

How many CEOs went to Ga State as an undergrad?

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 07:55 PM
No, they paid money to get a good education, but again, we're talking about a foreign subject to Southern fans so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Another slow night at panthertalk huh?

Dave.
30th June 2010, 07:56 PM

Links worked fine for me from all of you.

Those are only in Georgia Companies. Not Fortune 500.

GATA ERK
30th June 2010, 07:58 PM

Not sure he knows the difference.

GaSou93
30th June 2010, 08:02 PM

You know what, we may not have as many grads (undergrad or beyond) that went on to become CEOs, but I'll tell you one thing. You talk about kids paying money to get a good education. Chances are, if the kid is from the state of Georgia, they got a great deal of their prior "good education" from a Georgia Southern grad. Yeah, a great elementary/middle school/high school teacher may not be as glamorous as a Fortune 500 CEO, but more than likely they have more impact on people's lives.

GSUrebel
30th June 2010, 08:04 PM

those are Georgia companies...you have still yet to prove your statement that it produces more CEO's than any other school in the entire word. Nice try though.

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 08:07 PM
You know what, we may not have as many grads (undergrad or beyond) that went on to become CEOs, but I'll tell you one thing. You talk about kids paying money to get a good education. Chances are, if the kid is from the state of Georgia, they got a great deal of their prior "good education" from a Georgia Southern grad. Yeah, a great elementary/middle school/high school teacher may not be as glamorous as a Fortune 500 CEO, but more than likely they have more impact on people's lives.

Quit using logic GaSou93.

This section is Talon Talk ... we must keep up that standard :p

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 08:10 PM
Its too funny you guys think Ga State is so great academically and your average freshman SAT score is behind Ga Southern. Lets be honest, neither will be confused with an Ivy league school.
Georgia Southern's brief 3-year history of having higher SAT scores than GSU pales in comparison to decades of GSU having higher SAT scores than Southern. You can check the historical trends here:

http://www.usg.edu/research/students/freshman/sat/sat10yr_95-04.pdf

GSU will never be confused with an Ivy league school, but I also assure you that Southern will never be confused academically with GSU. Let's go over a few accolades, shall we?

Robinson College of Business U.S. News Rankings

Undergraduate
Risk Management 6th Aug. 2009
Computer Information Systems 7th Aug. 2009
Real Estate 11th Aug. 2009
Overall Undergraduate Program 32nd (among public universities) 57th overall Aug. 2009

Graduate
Part-time Master's (MBA, M.S. et.al.) 24th in nation of 314 schools (Top 8%) April 2010
Computer Information Systems 10th April 2010
Health Services Administration 34th April 2010

Financial Times
Executive MBA 23rd U.S. 65th world Oct. 2009

http://robinson.gsu.edu/about/pride.html

School of Policy Studies US News Rankings

5th in public finance and budgeting
12th in city management/urban policy
13th in nonprofit management
18th in public policy analysis
33rd in public management administration
27th among the top 269 schools in public affairs

http://aysps.gsu.edu/facts.html

Now, someone please give me some Southern rankings, LOL!!! This ought to be good.

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 08:12 PM

What happened to this ?

<a href="http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?458">By the way, make those pigeons come to us.</a>

??? :p

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 08:17 PM

LMAO!!! Uh, yes genius, the link I gave you was the S&P Report of Georgia Companies. The Fortune 500 report was published five or six years ago in Fortune Magazine, and you can feel free to find a copy yourself. The best part of your post is brushing off executives of Georgia companies, like it's not a big deal. Again, I ask, where is Southern in any of this?! Panama may snicker, but I honestly just feel pity and sorrow at this point.

Dave.
30th June 2010, 08:18 PM
LMAO!!! Uh, yes genius, the link I gave you was the S&P Report of Georgia Companies. The Fortune 500 report was published five or six years ago in Fortune Magazine, and you can feel free to find a copy yourself. The best part of your post is brushing off executives of Georgia companies, like it's not a big deal. Again, I ask, where is Southern in any of this?! Panama may snicker, but I honestly just feel pity and sorrow at this point.

How old are you?

panama
30th June 2010, 08:19 PM
Game, Set and Match.

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 08:21 PM
Georgia Southern's brief 3-year history of having higher SAT scores than GSU pales in comparison to decades of GSU having higher SAT scores than Southern. You can check the historical trends here:

http://www.usg.edu/research/students/freshman/sat/sat10yr_95-04.pdf

GSU will never be confused with an Ivy league school, but I also assure you that Southern will never be confused academically with GSU. Let's go over a few accolades, shall we?

Robinson College of Business U.S. News Rankings

Undergraduate
Risk Management 6th Aug. 2009
Computer Information Systems 7th Aug. 2009
Real Estate 11th Aug. 2009
Overall Undergraduate Program 32nd (among public universities) 57th overall Aug. 2009

Graduate
Part-time Master's (MBA, M.S. et.al.) 24th in nation of 314 schools (Top 8%) April 2010
Computer Information Systems 10th April 2010
Health Services Administration 34th April 2010

Financial Times
Executive MBA 23rd U.S. 65th world Oct. 2009

http://robinson.gsu.edu/about/pride.html

Now, someone please give me some Southern rankings, LOL!!! This ought to be good.

So to recap, you're gonna talk about our football team's trend towards mediocrity, while ignoring the history ...

But .... you're gonna dwell on the Southern's historical academic ranking and ignore the recent trends.

Yep, that makes perfect sense ;) Surely one of your Fortune 500 CEO types can figure out that three year trend isn't favorable to state.

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 08:21 PM
Has there ever been anyone posting over here that was as delusional as these Ga State clowns are?

Dave.
30th June 2010, 08:25 PM

Game, Set and Match.

Game, set, and match by contradicting yourself?

Interesting.

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 08:27 PM

I just looked at a list of Fortune 500 comapanies from 2006. One CEO listed State as his school......It was Bank America. A State grad ran that company in the ground and it gets the lowest marks in customer service in the world.....You have gone into an area where you are creating your own SMACK. :D

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 08:28 PM
Has there ever been anyone posting over here that was as delusional as these Ga State clowns are?

I'm thinking Shocked! and MassMan were on par ... but they were respective lone wolves representing UTC and UMASS.

Maybe even HenBad and Bornthrilla, but both of those guys flamed out after just a single season of smack.

I will say, this 'trifecta of terror' unleashed by the state fans has certainly made the offseason a little more palatable, making these few dead weeks sort of have a little bit of appeal.

I don't know if I should thank Talon or not for stirring up that pot :D, but it may be exactly what we need around here. As we all know, Eagle football was at the top of the heap when Talon Talk was outpacing the thread output on the general forums. I truly miss the days of other fans coming in and having some fun banter back and forth.

BillyBob
30th June 2010, 08:34 PM
Hey BillyBob, here is the only percentage you need to know: 0%. Yes, that is how much Sothern's coach, whatever the guy's name is, will get at this event, hosted by ESPN College Football Live's two biggest names, along side Tony Barnhart.

Now look, you Southern fans can try to spin this however you want, and really, I'm all supportive of the spin here because that is all you have left, but no matter how you slice it or dice it, the fact that your coach (seriously, what the heck was the guy's name again?) spent what, 2-3 years as GA Tech's assistant under a revitalized PJ program and STILL couldn't get an invite to this thing, pretty much tells everyone who is STILL IRRELEVANT.

It's not spin, it's the simple truth. You are seriously making too much out of this. It's not much more than GSU getting a story in SI about Adrian Peterson, or having our unis named among the best by them, or having a football preview for the team on ESPN's 50 states preview.

Umm....have you looked at Curry's record at Georgia Tech? 31-43, with only 3 of his 7 seasons having a winning record. I assume the year he got ACC CotY was the year he was 8-5-1. LoL. The man that Monken worked under won 9 games in his first season and that was in making the transition between a pro-offense and the flexbone option.

And speaking of Furman, at least PJ has a winning record against them, and not a 0-1-1 like Curry's at Georgia Tech. And yeah yeah, I know Monken is our coach and not Johnson, but Monken has pretty much been PJ's right hand man through GSU, Navy, and Tech. And not to mention that unlike Curry, Monken has experience in this division and more experience recruiting in this state. I'd sooner bet on him making GSU a power than Curry making State a power. The Zenith of Curry's coaching career was a loss to Miami in the Sugar Bowl. And any fool can take 'Bama to the big game once in a while.

I hate to knock Curry since he is a pretty classy guy, but the guy reminds me of one of our ex-coaches who came here with experience as an SEC defensive coordinator and an NFL coach. He seems to think he is going to effortlessly mow down the competition in the FCS because of where he has coached before. His coaching staff looks like something he just threw together in a minute.

If you or any other state fans think you are going to be the next juggernaut in the FCS, you are in for a rude awakening. I see you guys being a mid-level CAA team in 2012 when you join that league. Think your admin will go full speed ahead to the FBS when that happens?

Speaking of academics and starting salaries after graduation, how do the average salaries of GSU and State compare when you remove a lot of the non-traditional students who are MBA alums? I don't know a lot about State's undergrad programs, but in many programs the admissions are completely cream-puff. GSU has a much higher percentage of students with an SAT (math plus verbal) more than 1000.

Coach
30th June 2010, 08:37 PM

Now, someone please give me some Southern rankings, LOL!!! This ought to be good.[/QUOTE]

the link below is to a syllabus from a class in the Andrew Young school of policy studies, the required text is a book by Nicholas Henry, former Georgia Southern President and professor...So if yall are so smart and we're so dumb why are you reading our professors work...Ummm

http://aysps.gsu.edu/paus/files/PMAP_3801.pdf

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 08:43 PM

the link below is to a syllabus from a class in the Andrew Young school of policy studies, the required text is a book by Nicholas Henry, former Georgia Southern President and professor...So I guess you're welcome, now learn some more from us

Nick Henry wrote the book that Andy Young was using to teach at downtown Commuter College? That is priceless.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 08:43 PM
I just looked at a list of Fortune 500 comapanies from 2006. One CEO listed State as his school......It was Bank America. A State grad ran that company in the ground and it gets the lowest marks in customer service in the world.....You have gone into an area where you are creating your own SMACK. :D
Yeah, nice try with your "list." How about you add Richard H. Lenny, former Chairman, President, and CEO of Hershey (got his undergrad at GSU by the way). Or maybe James E. Copeland, former CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. Or heck, let's get a little more local. How about Michael Gearon Jr, principal owner NBA’s Atlanta Hawks and the NHL’s Atlanta Thrashers. I could go on all day long, but what's the point? I should just give brownie points to those that actually were able to differentiate between the S&P list and Fortune Magazine report, LMAO!

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 08:49 PM
I hate to knock Curry since he is a pretty classy guy, but the guy reminds me of one of our ex-coaches who came here with experience as an SEC defensive coordinator and an NFL coach. He seems to think he is going to effortlessly mow down the competition in the FCS because of where he has coached before. His coaching staff looks like something he just threw together in a minute.

No kidding...it looks like he just asked a bunch of assistant high school coaches and former players if they were interested in coaching a college team.

Coach
30th June 2010, 08:49 PM
the link below is to a syllabus from a class in the Andrew Young school of policy studies, the required text is a book by Nicholas Henry, former Georgia Southern President and professor...So I guess you're welcome, now learn some more from us

Nick Henry wrote the book that Andy Young was using to teach at downtown Commuter College? That is priceless.

yeah I was thinking the same thing

Hammer22
30th June 2010, 08:55 PM
What happened to this ?

??? :p
Change of plans, my man. I here to stay, at least in the smack board.

GaSou93
30th June 2010, 08:55 PM
Yeah, nice try with your "list." How about you add Richard H. Lenny, former Chairman, President, and CEO of Hershey (got his undergrad at GSU by the way). Or maybe James E. Copeland, former CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. Or heck, let's get a little more local. How about Michael Gearon Jr, principal owner NBA’s Atlanta Hawks and the NHL’s Atlanta Thrashers. I could go on all day long, but what's the point? I should just give brownie points to those that actually were able to differentiate between the S&P list and Fortune Magazine report, LMAO!

Dude, I was actually somewhat impressed until you threw that dullard in there. He and the other members of the ASG are a bunch of clueless azz-hats... those dumb sum-bit-ches couldn't close an umbrella!!!

Hammer22
30th June 2010, 08:57 PM
No kidding...it looks like he just asked a bunch of assistant high school coaches and former players if they were interested in coaching a college team.

You've got to be joking here. This is so absurd, I won't even bother giving an explanation.

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 09:02 PM
You've got to be joking here. This is so absurd, I won't even bother giving an explanation.

No, I'm not joking. Other than the coordinators, they are all bums.

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 09:04 PM

Sorry about the typo on the 500 part. It was the fortune top 50 list from 2006 and state had one and he is a monumental failure based on what BOA has become but I am sure he took the money.....

As for the rest, even Columbus state has a fortune 500 CEO. Even Dollar General store is fortune 500.

you should go on all day because I have found no published list of the colleges of the CEO's of Fortune 500. Even the brochure from the Robinson School of business does not claim more F 500 CEO's than anyone.

BTW - that title belongs to the U of Wisconsin......

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 09:05 PM
Change of plans, my man. I here to stay, at least in the smack board.

No problem with that. Feel free to make yourself at home, and feel free to wander to the other parts of the board if you care to. We enjoy the banter ...

Hammer22
30th June 2010, 09:15 PM
No, I'm not joking. Other than the coordinators, they are all bums.

Notice that you said other than the coordinators. You just can't disregard the head coach, the offensive coordinator, and the defensive coordinator!!! Those are the scheme makers and play callers.

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 09:18 PM
State fans, throw your season predictions in on this thread, if you care to. Curious what you expect vs. what you hope for. Let's hear the reality as you see it.

I haven't peeked at your schedule, though I do know from reading you have JaxSt, Lambuth and Alabama on the schedule.

panama
30th June 2010, 09:20 PM
Hope 10-1 Expect 7-4

State fans, throw your season predictions in on this thread, if you care to. Curious what you expect vs. what you hope for. Let's hear the reality as you see it.

I haven't peeked at your schedule, though I do know from reading you have JaxSt, Lambuth and Alabama on the schedule.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 09:20 PM
It's not spin, it's the simple truth. You are seriously making too much out of this. It's not much more than GSU getting a story in SI about Adrian Peterson, or having our unis named among the best by them, or having a football preview for the team on ESPN's 50 states preview.
Wow, this is even more spin than the last post. Simple question, yet no answer. Only mindless ramblings about some preview on ESPN. Buddy, ESPN has been chronicling GSU's start-up efforts with online videos and magazine articles. The Star Jackson story was all over SI, USA Today, ESPN.com, you name it. But that's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about a guy who spent years under PJ as an assistant at GA Tech, and yet despite all that, he can't get the invite at the year's most prestigious college football media event in the state, hosted by the Game Day Live crew. Like I said, spin, spin and spin some more, about Curry, and GSU's relevance, but the fact remains that there are only 3 big boys at the table, and the guy in Statesboro is not.

Umm....have you looked at Curry's record at Georgia Tech? 31-43, with only 3 of his 7 seasons having a winning record. I assume the year he got ACC CotY was the year he was 8-5-1. LoL. The man that Monken worked under won 9 games in his first season and that was in making the transition between a pro-offense and the flexbone option.

And speaking of Furman, at least PJ has a winning record against them, and not a 0-1-1 like Curry's at Georgia Tech. And yeah yeah, I know Monken is our coach and not Johnson, but Monken has pretty much been PJ's right hand man through GSU, Navy, and Tech. And not to mention that unlike Curry, Monken has experience in this division and more experience recruiting in this state. I'd sooner bet on him making GSU a power than Curry making State a power. The Zenith of Curry's coaching career was a loss to Miami in the Sugar Bowl. And any fool can take 'Bama to the big game once in a while.
I love the spiel on Curry's record. Curry took a GA Tech program that was in absolute shambles, and actually made it into something presentable. He is the type of guy who's never been afraid to roll up his sleeves and do the hard work to create something. Again, spin it all you like as you are obviously adept at it, but winning multiple coach of the year honors says all you need to know about Curry. Oh and the "any fool can take 'Bama to the big game once in a while" is priceless. Curry's three-year record of 26–10 gave him the highest winning percentage among Alabama coaches since Bear Bryant, LOL!

Yeah, our coaching staff has about what, 50+ years of combined experience over Southern's, lol!! John Bond, our offensive coordinator, helped Northern Illinois to two Mid-American Conference Western Division titles and two bowl games, highlighted by a 9-4 record in 2004, when the Huskies ranked 11th in the nation in rushing, 14th in scoring and 14th in total offense. At Illinois State, Bond was a finalist for the American Football Coaches Association’s Assistant Coach of the Year award. Yeah, hardly a guy you just "throw together in a minute."

If you or any other state fans think you are going to be the next juggernaut in the FCS, you are in for a rude awakening. I see you guys being a mid-level CAA team in 2012 when you join that league. Think your admin will go full speed ahead to the FBS when that happens?
Mid-level in CAA by 2012? I sure hope so. That's like what, top 4 in SoCon, lol!

Speaking of academics and starting salaries after graduation, how do the average salaries of GSU and State compare when you remove a lot of the non-traditional students who are MBA alums? I don't know a lot about State's undergrad programs, but in many programs the admissions are completely cream-puff. GSU has a much higher percentage of students with an SAT (math plus verbal) more than 1000.
Don't talk about academic programs. Really, it's just flat out embarrassing. Southern is nowhere to be found in rankings when it comes to undergrad education, and I just posted you some of the rankings for GSU. The only reason Southern's SAT scores have been 10-15 points higher than GSU's in the last few years is because GSU has grown more than any other school in the state. We are on pace to increase our average SAT scores by 15+ points this year alone, so we'll revisit that subject in a couple of months. In the meantime, you keep spinning that wheel. You're so good at it, I'd recommend a wheel of fortune tryout.

Walt3412
30th June 2010, 09:24 PM
Notice that you said other than the coordinators. You just can't disregard the head coach, the offensive coordinator, and the defensive coordinator!!! Those are the scheme makers and play callers.

Just because they have experience doesn't mean they are worth a crap.

Dave.
30th June 2010, 09:26 PM
Just curious, why did you leave out Bond's poor showing at GT in your "bio" of him?

kennesaweagle
30th June 2010, 09:28 PM
Yawn.

Oh, and for Ga State fans, that means that this "smack" thread is boring, not what you are used to hearing from your boyfriends.

panama
30th June 2010, 09:31 PM
Monken PI has experience as coordinator - good

GSU Coordinators = bad

:confused:

Just because they have experience doesn't mean they are worth a crap.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 09:36 PM
Sorry about the typo on the 500 part. It was the fortune top 50 list from 2006 and state had one and he is a monumental failure based on what BOA has become but I am sure he took the money.....

As for the rest, even Columbus state has a fortune 500 CEO. Even Dollar General store is fortune 500.

you should go on all day because I have found no published list of the colleges of the CEO's of Fortune 500. Even the brochure from the Robinson School of business does not claim more F 500 CEO's than anyone.

BTW - that title belongs to the U of Wisconsin......
HAHA!!! Southern education at its BEST! "If I can't find it on the internet, it doesn't exist." LMAO!!!!! There are a lot of things Robinson brochure doesn't "claim," especially a list published six years ago, but I assure you, just because you close your eyes, cover your ears, or wish it away, it doesn't make it so. And tell me something, what does it say about Georgia Southern, when even Columbus State has a Fortune 500 CEO? No one here seems to answer ANY of my questions, or try to provide any facts about Southern, and we all know why -- Southern's history when it comes to academia or successful business leaders is non-existent, and pales in comparison to GSU, or as we have apparently found out, Columbus State. Bravo Statesboro. Hail Southern, LOL!

panama
30th June 2010, 09:40 PM
I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 09:42 PM
Just curious, why did you leave out Bond's poor showing at GT in your "bio" of him?
That wasn't a bio, just his greatest accolades. If you want to see his full bio, or any of our coaching staff, feel free to visit our athletics site.

Heck, if you want to see a REAL recruiting site from a program that actually "gets it," click here: http://www.insidepantherfootball.com

panama
30th June 2010, 09:46 PM
Paintballer is hilarious. My all time favorite thread with his involvement is him on Stingtalk trying to convince GT folk to agree with his anti GSU ranting and then watching them turn against him in masse. LMAO

Dave.
30th June 2010, 09:53 PM
That wasn't a bio, just his greatest accolades. If you want to see his full bio, or any of our coaching staff, feel free to visit our athletics site.

Heck, if you want to see a REAL recruiting site from a program that actually "gets it," click here: http://www.insidepantherfootball.com

Nice site.

Paintballer is hilarious. My all time favorite thread with his involvement is him on Stingtalk trying to convince GT folk to agree with his anti GSU ranting and then watching them turn against him in masse. LMAO

That's "en masse".

Also, I wouldn't be citing the guys that mock you as their "night school" as my staunch supporters.

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 09:53 PM
HAHA!!! Southern education at its BEST! "If I can't find it on the internet, it doesn't exist." LMAO!!!!! There are a lot of things Robinson brochure doesn't "claim," especially a list published six years ago, but I assure you, just because you close your eyes, cover your ears, or wish it away, it doesn't make it so. And tell me something, what does it say about Georgia Southern, when even Columbus State has a Fortune 500 CEO? No one here seems to answer ANY of my questions, or try to provide any facts about Southern, and we all know why -- Southern's history when it comes to academia or successful business leaders is non-existent, and pales in comparison to GSU, or as we have apparently found out, Columbus State. Bravo Statesboro. Hail Southern, LOL!

Not exactly. I just was not going to waste more than 30 minutes since you were quoting it as law. You have been asked to show the list you have quoted and you have failed. Your own publicity machine does not claim it so FAIL.

There have been hundreds of changes in fortune 500 companies in 6 years and that many more changes in CEO's in 6 years so your info is a huge fail in 2010. I think I will use 6 year old info on my business decisions.

There are 4 billionaires in the State of Ga and 25% of them graduated from Southern. The former director of Marshall space Flight Center and NASA executive is from Southern. The head of the Susan G Komen is from Southern. The list goes on and on but this is a football thread.

Heck, I am a CEO.......

As for the smack topic, your football SUX, your coach is washed up but at least you are shed of Dan Reeves, and you will be fortunate to win 3 games and average 5,000 fans.

Maybe one of your CEO's will buy out the dome so you can report a sell out!

panama
30th June 2010, 09:56 PM
Dream a little dream...

You know that isnt going to happen. LOL

Just dont kill yourself in 2012 when we get an FBS invite. LOL

Not exactly. I just was not going to waste more than 30 minutes since you were quoting it as law. You have been asked to show the list you have quoted and you have failed. Your own publicity machine does not claim it so FAIL.

There have been hundreds of changes in fortune 500 companies in 6 years and that many more changes in CEO's in 6 years so your info is a huge fail in 2010. I think I will use 6 year old info on my business decisions.

There are 4 billionaires in the State of Ga and 25% of them graduated from Southern. The former director of Marshall space Flight Center and NASA executive is from Southern. The head of the Susan G Komen is from Southern. The list goes on and on but this is a football thread.

Heck, I am a CEO.......

As for the smack topic, your football SUX, your coach is washed up but at least you are shed of Dan Reeves, and you will be fortunate to win 3 games and average 5,000 fans.

panama
30th June 2010, 09:57 PM
But its such a funny thread...lmao

Nice site.

That's "en masse".

Also, I wouldn't be citing the guys that mock you as their "night school" as my staunch supporters.

Dave.
30th June 2010, 10:04 PM

I agree - quotes below:
Georgia State: yet another average instate school with a football team that we get to make fun of now.

curry or not, hope the ingrates never win a game. They are still the GIT evening commerce school. Assholes.

I know they're just starting their program, but they play a pathetic schedule.

I think a lot of GSU students are diehard fans of other school when it comes to football. GT, mutts, auburm, bamer,gayders etc. If they start winning a lot of games the first half of the season, maybe just maybe 6000 to 8000 fans.

think of the worst the SEC has to offer and gsu will beat it.

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 10:04 PM
Dream a little dream...

You know that isnt going to happen. LOL

Just dont kill yourself in 2012 when we get an FBS invite. LOL

Unfortunately for State it is not 2012 yet, so bed down for a looooong couple of years. It's not too bad. We have had acouple of down years in 27 years. You will survive. ;)

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 10:05 PM
I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

No, certainly more than 1000 would come if you left the doors open at the front of the Dome, just on randomness alone :D (feel free to add that to your marketing plan, I won't demand a royalty fee)

2 and 9, probably not. But I would suggest you'll need a .500 record or better to be taken somewhat seriously or you'll be possibly relegated to nothing more than an afterthought ... assuming that your first year schedule has a few creampuffs on it (JaxSt and Alabama excluded).

In Southern's first few seasons, we played some established perennial I-AA powers and made a statement. Our first season, we had playoffs in our grasp but only a close season ending loss to ETSU kept us out of the party.

What are the Panthers banking on ? Curry's ties to ESPN ? If you guys fall flat, ESPN sure won't be spending much time on SportsCenter with that as the lead story.

ESPN certainly has had an inside connection to the building of a new program, which does have some cachet in this day and time where new football programs aren't a dime a dozen ... but all that can backfire too.

The only reason our past few seasons have hurt so much here in the 'Boro, was because for most of our first 20+ years on the scene, we were in the mix for championships, or at least a player to be contended with in the playoffs.

Good luck to State. You'll need a little bit of luck. The CAA is no picnic.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 10:07 PM

Heck, I am a CEO.......

Bitter much, LOL?!!

Actually chief, Georgia has five billionaires now, but tell me, which one is the Southern grad, and how come he's not pumping more money into your school to make it at least somewhat respectable when it comes to academics?

Hammer22
30th June 2010, 10:11 PM

You gotta post that link now that paintballer is only telling one side of the story

Dave.
30th June 2010, 10:13 PM
You gotta post that link now that paintballer is only telling one side of the story

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44343&highlight=georgia+state

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 10:18 PM
Bitter much, LOL?!!

Actually chief, Georgia has five billionaires now, but tell me, which one is the Southern grad, and how come he's not pumping more money into your school to make it at least somewhat respectable when it comes to academics?

not bitter at all and he spends money on academics at Southern.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 10:23 PM
I agree - quotes below:
Georgia State: yet another average instate school with a football team that we get to make fun of now.

curry or not, hope the ingrates never win a game. They are still the GIT evening commerce school. Assholes.

I know they're just starting their program, but they play a pathetic schedule.

I think a lot of GSU students are diehard fans of other school when it comes to football. GT, mutts, auburm, bamer,gayders etc. If they start winning a lot of games the first half of the season, maybe just maybe 6000 to 8000 fans.

think of the worst the SEC has to offer and gsu will beat it.

Actually, the best post was this one by EastJacket:

"That program is gonna do well. They already might have more talent on the roster as a start up program than GA Southern does right now. Its impressive the transfers and even a few of the high school recruits they have been able to snag. They have nearly every recruiting advantage over Southern. A little early success and that program could boom like USF, its possible.

Either way I bet they end up FBS before Southern does. Southern missed their chance years ago."

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! LMAO!!!!!

Dave.
30th June 2010, 10:26 PM
Actually, the best post was this one by EastJacket:
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! LMAO!!!!!

So...one?

His post basically says that you guys will have tons of advantages - while you will. Common sense tells someone that.

Let's recall something:
A man named Bill Curry once coached at a school in Atlanta in a major conference. Things did not go very well in terms of support.

A man named Bill Curry is now coaching at a school in Atlanta in an FCS conference. We'll see how tough it is to KEEP support.

Eagle22
30th June 2010, 10:27 PM
So...one?

At least we now know where Saint is getting his material :D

Coach
30th June 2010, 10:29 PM
At least we now know where Saint is getting his material :D

Yeah what a hack

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 10:37 PM
So...one?

His post basically says that you guys will have tons of advantages - while you will. Common sense tells someone that.

Let's recall something:
A man named Bill Curry once coached at a school in Atlanta in a major conference. Things did not go very well in terms of support.

A man named Bill Curry is now coaching at a school in Atlanta in an FCS conference. We'll see how tough it is to KEEP support.

Oh there is more:

MtownJacket

Curry is slowly building a juggernaut. I truly think GSU wins the FCS D1 national championship within 3 years. Curry is loaded with FBS talent, and he has SO MUCH experience. Or my favorite:

GTplusCPJequalsSuccess

There is absolutely no reason that GSU should be getting the talent they have gotten without ever playing a down of college football.

Yandell, Gilbert, Star, and the Auburn TE. They already had a pretty good QB recruit in Drew Little whom they stole from Boston College.

How crazy would it be to see them beat Jacksonville St. this year? If they get past Jacksonville St. they very well may be a one loss team this season, of course, losing at Bama.

LMAO!!!

Dave.
30th June 2010, 10:39 PM
....and the negative replies are stiiiiiiill outweighing the positive replies.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 10:44 PM
....and the negative replies are stiiiiiiill outweighing the positive replies.
LOL, you mean the negative cheap shots of posters who are scared sh!tless that we'll beat Tech like USF beat FSU this year? Heck, those are the best compliments we can get!!!! You sure don't see anyone expect Southern to beat anyone, let alone GA Tech, LMAO!!!

Dave.
30th June 2010, 10:44 PM
LOL, you mean the negative cheap shots of posters who are scared sh!tless that we'll beat Tech like USF beat FSU this year? Heck, those are the best compliments we can get!!!! You sure don't see anyone expect Southern to beat anyone, let alone GA Tech, LMAO!!!

Not going to lie, it's pretty funny to turn that one around on you.

SaintDK10
30th June 2010, 10:52 PM
Not going to lie, it's pretty funny to turn that one around on you.
Turn what around, LOL?!! Half the Tech fans think we'll be the next FCS juggernaut while the others are pissed we'll take a bite into their recruiting and take over as the Atlanta's team. The difference between Tech and Southern fans is that Southern fans are too stupid and ignorant to see what's going on while Tech fans actually see the writing on the wall. This is seriously the best thread, EVER.

Dave.
30th June 2010, 10:56 PM
Turn what around, LOL?!! Half the Tech fans think we'll be the next FCS juggernaut while the others are pissed we'll take a bite into their recruiting and take over as the Atlanta's team. The difference between Tech and Southern fans is that Southern fans are too stupid and ignorant to see what's going on while Tech fans actually see the writing on the wall. This is seriously the best thread, EVER.

I can understand where you'd get that viewpoint. I'm sure you guys get lonely over on your board. It's all good, guy.

GSCBBA1987
30th June 2010, 11:10 PM

One look at the State message board and I see why you think this is the best thread ever. It is your first real thread........

And, blees your heart, tech really does not even think of you. The only reason they think of us is because of the coaching family.

HiFlyinEagle
30th June 2010, 11:52 PM
I work with a couple of Tech guys - one who posts on stingtalk.com - and I asked him yesterday what he thought about State starting a football program and he just laughed. Don't fool yourself, Saint, you aren't even a blip on their radar. Atlanta's team??? Please.

panama
1st July 2010, 07:43 AM
Everyine knows that Tech has never been "Atlanta's" team. You will find more 3 times more kids in the city wearing UGA gear than GT. A lot of Atlanta's and by that I mean city residents see GT as somewhat elitist in attitude.

I work with a couple of Tech guys - one who posts on stingtalk.com - and I asked him yesterday what he thought about State starting a football program and he just laughed. Don't fool yourself, Saint, you aren't even a blip on their radar. Atlanta's team??? Please.

Coach
1st July 2010, 07:47 AM

Delusional absolutely delusional....listen when I need a engineer I call up the techies, I've got one who works for me right now...as far as the knowledge of football the guy is a retard, when we go to lunch he's always asking about football stuff as if he's tring to learn something...Now I'm sure there are some Tech guys that know a thing or too about the game, hell they were smart enought to hire CPJ, but just because some blowhard nerds on the internet think State is going to be the next FCS juggernaut don't mean it's going to happen. Don't fool yourself, when you fail it will only hurt that much worse. The fact that you need to go to other schools message boards just to have the opportunity to talk and read about your program should be the writing on the wall. That is that nobody cares about your program not even your own fans.

HAIL SOUTHERN!
1st July 2010, 10:14 AM
The only jockeying for the title of "Atlanta's Team" is between UGA, Auburn, Alabama and Florida... :rolleyes:

Hammer22
1st July 2010, 10:51 AM
The fact that you need to go to other schools message boards just to have the opportunity to talk and read about your program should be the writing on the wall.

No, this should be the writing on the wall to Southern. This is to show proof that people other than State affiliated feel the exact way as we do.

panama
1st July 2010, 10:51 AM
That too. It IS a metropolis of 6 million. So it is open for anyone to grab the mantle.

The only jockeying for the title of "Atlanta's Team" is between UGA, Auburn, Alabama and Florida... :rolleyes:

panama
1st July 2010, 10:53 AM
I am going to venture a guess that anyone on gsufans, panther talk or stingtalk who is posting regurlarly is not a casual fan trying to learn about the game...

Delusional absolutely delusional....listen when I need a engineer I call up the techies, I've got one who works for me right now...as far as the knowledge of football the guy is a retard, when we go to lunch he's always asking about football stuff as if he's tring to learn something...Now I'm sure there are some Tech guys that know a thing or too about the game, hell they were smart enought to hire CPJ, but just because some blowhard nerds on the internet think State is going to be the next FCS juggernaut don't mean it's going to happen. Don't fool yourself, when you fail it will only hurt that much worse. The fact that you need to go to other schools message boards just to have the opportunity to talk and read about your program should be the writing on the wall. That is that nobody cares about your program not even your own fans.

BillyBob
1st July 2010, 11:00 AM
Wow, this is even more spin than the last post. Simple question, yet no answer. Only mindless ramblings about some preview on ESPN. Buddy, ESPN has been chronicling GSU's start-up efforts with online videos and magazine articles. The Star Jackson story was all over SI, USA Today, ESPN.com, you name it. But that's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about a guy who spent years under PJ as an assistant at GA Tech, and yet despite all that, he can't get the invite at the year's most prestigious college football media event in the state, hosted by the Game Day Live crew. Like I said, spin, spin and spin some more, about Curry, and GSU's relevance, but the fact remains that there are only 3 big boys at the table, and the guy in Statesboro is not.

LoL. All kinds of videos and magazine articles? I sure haven't seen much of anything. There's a lot of stuff online that ESPN does, it doesn't mean that it actually reaches a lot of people. And like I already mentioned before, could it be the reason Monken doesn't get invited is because (1) he's not starting a program and (2) doesn't have the same name-recognition?

And as far as Star Jackson goes, I really don't think there's been any more media attention to it than there was to Ryan Perilloux (who was the front-runner to be LSU's starting QB in 2008) transferring to Jacksonville State.

I love the spiel on Curry's record. Curry took a GA Tech program that was in absolute shambles, and actually made it into something presentable. He is the type of guy who's never been afraid to roll up his sleeves and do the hard work to create something. Again, spin it all you like as you are obviously adept at it, but winning multiple coach of the year honors says all you need to know about Curry. Oh and the "any fool can take 'Bama to the big game once in a while" is priceless. Curry's three-year record of 26–10 gave him the highest winning percentage among Alabama coaches since Bear Bryant, LOL!

Georgia Tech was in shambles? Curry's predecessor at Tech won about 6 times as many games in his last two seasons at Tech than Curry did in his first two seasons there. That, and he actually had a winning record overall there.

Curry had the biggest winning percentage since Bear Bryant? Your comparing that to one other coaching staff. And in case you didn't know, most of the coaches that came after Bear Bryant took Alabama to at least one major bowl game. It's not that much of an accomplishment, as I've already said.

Yeah, our coaching staff has about what, 50+ years of combined experience over Southern's, lol!! John Bond, our offensive coordinator, helped Northern Illinois to two Mid-American Conference Western Division titles and two bowl games, highlighted by a 9-4 record in 2004, when the Huskies ranked 11th in the nation in rushing, 14th in scoring and 14th in total offense. At Illinois State, Bond was a finalist for the American Football Coaches Association’s Assistant Coach of the Year award. Yeah, hardly a guy you just "throw together in a minute."

If Bond has a back like Garett Wolfe or Tashard Choice this year, I'd be afraid of them. Otherwise, it's a decent hire but not scary by any means.

Don't talk about academic programs. Really, it's just flat out embarrassing. Southern is nowhere to be found in rankings when it comes to undergrad education, and I just posted you some of the rankings for GSU. The only reason Southern's SAT scores have been 10-15 points higher than GSU's in the last few years is because GSU has grown more than any other school in the state. We are on pace to increase our average SAT scores by 15+ points this year alone, so we'll revisit that subject in a couple of months. In the meantime, you keep spinning that wheel. You're so good at it, I'd recommend a wheel of fortune tryout.

GSU has ranked programs in Supply Chain Management, Nursing, Information Technology, and the Chemistry department has been recognized among the best by the American Chemical Society. What kind of rankings does State have for undergrad programs outside of the business-related ones?

And don't give me that tripe about the school growing having anything to do with the freshman SAT numbers. GSU has metastasized in the last 25 years and the quality of the freshman classes have done nothing but go up.

Walt3412
1st July 2010, 11:01 AM
No, this should be the writing on the wall to Southern. This is to show proof that people other than State affiliated feel the exact way as we do.

I'm not really sure how the fact that you guys are lucky to get 20 people on your board at peak times is writing on the wall for us.

Hammer22
1st July 2010, 11:14 AM
What kind of rankings does State have for undergrad programs outside of the business-related ones?

Why only undergrad and non-business related? You do know that's part of the school too?

But, we have others in the top 100 too. The College of Education is ranked number 66 in the country. Nursing program is ranked 72nd. Does that meet your standards somewhat.

Hammer22
1st July 2010, 11:15 AM
I'm not really sure how the fact that you guys are lucky to get 20 people on your board at peak times is writing on the wall for us.

Okay, you got me. That argument just shattered mine!!! lol

Walt3412
1st July 2010, 12:41 PM
Okay, you got me. That argument just shattered mine!!! lol

Your "argument" made no sense at all.

TALON
1st July 2010, 01:04 PM

Ah ,The heart break of Syphilis. Can you tell use your story Hammer22?

Coach
1st July 2010, 02:30 PM
I am going to venture a guess that anyone on gsufans, panther talk or stingtalk who is posting regurlarly is not a casual fan trying to learn about the game...

Let me tell you something red, just cause you post on here don't mean you know something about football (I mean look at paintball), and just cause you're more than a regular fan don't mean you know about the game either..Hell my mom goes to every home game, has for the past 20 years, she still sometimes yells Homerun when we score a TD....Point is that just cause you boyfriends over on stingtalk or whatever think your new football team is kinda cute don't mean shiser, and that still don't take away from the fact that you go to a commuter school, you suck, and you'll never be better than us....so if you can't come to that realization, I suggest you take up the habits of the local residents that seem to flock around State's campus and smoke the rock, it only eases the pain not the truth though. Happy Hunting RED

Hammer22
1st July 2010, 03:32 PM
Ah ,The heart break of Syphilis. Can you tell use your story Hammer22?

Let me tell you something red, just cause you post on here don't mean you know something about football (I mean look at paintball), and just cause you're more than a regular fan don't mean you know about the game either..Hell my mom goes to every home game, has for the past 20 years, she still sometimes yells Homerun when we score a TD....Point is that just cause you boyfriends over on stingtalk or whatever think your new football team is kinda cute don't mean shiser, and that still don't take away from the fact that you go to a commuter school, you suck, and you'll never be better than us....so if you can't come to that realization, I suggest you take up the habits of the local residents that seem to flock around State's campus and smoke the rock, it only eases the pain not the truth though. Happy Hunting RED

These two posts are probably the most retarded posts I've read on a smack board.

panama
1st July 2010, 03:39 PM
waaa waaa waaaa...man, want some cheese to go with that whine Miss?

panama
1st July 2010, 03:40 PM
And who da $%^& is red. I wonder if this MonkenBerry Crunch or whatever the ^&&*( his name is posting. LOL

These two posts are probably the most retarded posts I've read on a smack board.

ValleyBoy
1st July 2010, 03:48 PM
I think you have taken that Hammer to the Head one too many times you crack loving, dope smokin, Hooker lovin, Dick Head.
This is TALON TALK you come on our site and we will call and A-hole anytime we want to.
If you do not like it carry your candy lovin cat tail lickin sorry corn hole humpin butt back to panther land.

If you can not take the heat get out of the game. It is your decision. Dick Weed