PDA

View Full Version : Here's a laser show for you...

SaintDK10
20th July 2010, 09:48 PM
FRONT PAGE OF THE ATLANTA MAGAZINE
http://www.atlantamagazine.com/Pics/Covers/Covers%202010/August_COVER.jpg

Marinade on this one for a while...

GSUfanforever
20th July 2010, 09:52 PM

Atlanta Magazine...now with 3 times as many UGA references than Georgia State on the front cover!

Is that you driving the MARTA train in the back? Or was it a bus?

GATA ERK
20th July 2010, 10:04 PM

I hope those guys have on a bullet proof vest that late at night.

kennesaweagle
20th July 2010, 10:05 PM
I like how the one guy apparently forgot to bring a jersey to the photo-op, and just decided that wearing shoulder pads was good enough.

That's the kind of finishing attitude that you like to see.

Dave.
20th July 2010, 10:05 PM
Good news, your school is mildly relevant within the city in which it is located.

Now comes the hurdle of becoming relevant outside the metro-area.

SouthernPride
20th July 2010, 10:14 PM
State got just as many mentions as "that guy from TBS" while Tech and UGA dominated the conversation. They probably only put a picture of State on there because it was too expensive to pay UGA's or Tech's licensing fees. Nice job earning honorable mention in your home town.

GSUfanforever
20th July 2010, 10:19 PM
I hope those guys have on a bullet proof vest that late at night.

It's actually pretty convienient. You see, the MARTA train takes them to Grady Memorial right over their shoulder. So everyone wins. Except for the football team, that is.

Walt3412
20th July 2010, 10:20 PM
What a sloppy looking bunch this is. It looks like somebody just came out and snapped a picture after a practice. You would think they could've at least put on their uniforms...of course, after seeing those hideous things, I can see why they didn't want to be seen in them.

Dave.
20th July 2010, 10:29 PM
More people see the Stone Mountain show than read that magazine.

Sorry.

SouthernPride
20th July 2010, 10:32 PM
Does anybody else see something in the background?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/Icemonk_2008/AtlantaHobo.jpg

panama
20th July 2010, 10:53 PM
Also chucklehead U, look for us on the COVER of the August ESPN The Magazine.

Marinate on THAT.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:o:o:o:o:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:p:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):):) :):):):):):):):p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :p:p:p:p

panama
20th July 2010, 10:58 PM
Those morons wish. http://www.echo-media.com/mediadetail.asp?IDNumber=4995

More people see the Stone Mountain show than read that magazine.

Sorry.

Dave.
20th July 2010, 11:03 PM

Atlanta magazine - 35,000

Stone Mountain:

Seen by more than 20 million people for more than 25 years

Advantage - THE Georgia Southern University

SouthernPride
20th July 2010, 11:21 PM
You marinate in something, not on it. Yet again, you get repeatedly served on a thread, but can't come up with any retort except something like "HAHA UR STOOPID!" How long until that one guy says "you can't make this up," "scouring," "LMAO" or something else besides smack talk? Why don't you take your dentures out and masticate on that?

Hammer22
20th July 2010, 11:29 PM
Atlanta Magazine...now with 3 times as many UGA references than Georgia State on the front cover!

Is that you driving the MARTA train in the back? Or was it a bus?

State got just as many mentions as "that guy from TBS" while Tech and UGA dominated the conversation.

So, you honestly mean to tell me that references on the front page actually outweighs the cover picture on the front.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/ashleynicole_95/hi_hater.gif

SouthernPride
20th July 2010, 11:54 PM
So, you honestly mean to tell me that references on the front page actually outweighs the cover picture on the front.

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t347/ashleynicole_95/hi_hater.gif

Nice job trimming out the part where I explained why that picture is on the cover. Bonus points for using an image from a user called "ashleynicole_95." Did your grandkids let you use their photobucket account?

Hammer22
21st July 2010, 12:09 AM
They probably only put a picture of State on there because it was too expensive to pay UGA's or Tech's licensing fees. Nice job earning honorable mention in your home town.

Nice job trimming out the part where I explained why that picture is on the cover.

Doesn't matter b/c I didn't intentionally do it and it still doesn't change the fact that you pulled that fact completely out of the town slut's a**. I can only imagine the nonsense you will say when the ESPN cover comes out in a few weeks.

panama
21st July 2010, 12:17 AM
Will love to hear you explain how ESPN is a fly by night sports organization...lol

Doesn't matter b/c I didn't intentionally do it and it still doesn't change the fact that you pulled that fact completely out of the town slut's a**. I can only imagine the nonsense you will say when the ESPN cover comes out in a few weeks.

panama
21st July 2010, 12:40 AM
The whole park draws 4 million a year so how does the laser show draw 20 million math major?

Dave.
21st July 2010, 06:27 AM
The whole park draws 4 million a year so how does the laser show draw 20 million math major?

Because that's an aggregate figure.....

If you use division (I know, tough topic for a State student), you would get 800,000 viewers per year assuming 25 years.

Eagle_Six
21st July 2010, 08:44 AM
I have a feeling this is how they're getting on the cover of ESPN magazine...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espnmag/coverstore/index?ex_cid=2010_etm_magindx_508x140

Pike51
21st July 2010, 08:47 AM
WTF is "Atlanta" magazine?

And where is the "laser show"?? Oh... you mean the red dots from SWAT team laser sights?

Hail The Blue
21st July 2010, 08:56 AM

Those 80's uniforms will fit in nicely with a LASER SHOW.

Maybe we can play some Rush and hit on girls wearing side pony tails and aerobic attire.

Pike51
21st July 2010, 09:32 AM
Those 80's uniforms will fit in nicely with a LASER SHOW.

Maybe we can play some Rush and hit on girls wearing side pony tails and aerobic attire.

With that shade of blue... I think pink would make the perfect accent color!

Coach
21st July 2010, 09:44 AM

this is what Atlanta housewives read while going number 2.

OMG Bacchanalia parties on with panche, and decatur book fest

Eagle_Six
21st July 2010, 09:47 AM
this is what Atlanta housewives read while going number 2.

OMG Bacchanalia parties on with panche, and decatur book fest

Exactly. People who actually care about college football probably won't even see this magazine.

Dave.
21st July 2010, 09:55 AM
Readership is 75% female.

SouthernPride
21st July 2010, 10:51 AM

That pretty much ends any and all argument. Nice try State.

SaintDK10
21st July 2010, 12:03 PM
State got just as many mentions as "that guy from TBS" while Tech and UGA dominated the conversation. They probably only put a picture of State on there because it was too expensive to pay UGA's or Tech's licensing fees. Nice job earning honorable mention in your home town.
You don't need more than reference on the cover when you ARE the cover, LMAO!! I thought that would be clear even to someone as stupid as a Southern fan, but I guess not.

SouthernPride
21st July 2010, 12:21 PM
You marinate in something, not on it. Yet again, you get repeatedly served on a thread, but can't come up with any retort except something like "HAHA UR STOOPID!" How long until that one guy says "you can't make this up," "scouring," "LMAO" or something else besides smack talk? Why don't you take your dentures out and masticate on that?

You don't need more than reference on the cover when you ARE the cover, LMAO!! I thought that would be clear even to someone as stupid as a Southern fan, but I guess not.

I totally called your response. I've already explained why state is the cover of a women's magazine, its too expensive to pay schools that actually have an image. As far as content goes, UGA is mentioned 5 times on the cover while state is the after thought. "UGA, UGA, UGA, oh and state will actually play a game sometime."

SaintDK10
21st July 2010, 12:32 PM
Because that's an aggregate figure.....

If you use division (I know, tough topic for a State student), you would get 800,000 viewers per year assuming 25 years.
Here, I'll play this round. Let's go over your "aggregate" numbers a bit, oh bright one.

First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine, but we'll just let that one slide as I honestly can't expect any better from someone affiliated with Southern. Of course, if playing a school fight song provides such tremendous exposure to a program, GSU is well ahead of Southern in that department since we've been airing daily commercials of season ticket info with our fight song in the background on 680 the Fan, which has literally millions of people tune in on monthly basis.

But back to the laser show. So you say roughly 800,000 watch the laser show ever year. Ok. Southern's fight song has been part of the laser show, what, 3 years max according to one of your posters? So ignoring the fact that you are fighting for people's attention by being sandwiched in-between other school's fight songs, not to mention Jock Jams (LMAO!), you would at the very most, have had about 2.4 million people see the Southern fight song. Our 680 the Fan and 790 the Zone commercials and Curry radio interviews in the last 3 months alone dwarf that beyond discussion.

But going back to the Atlanta Magazine. There are roughly 35,000 subscriptions circulating in the Metro Atlanta area. This doesn't even take into account how many times this magazine gets read by people in the households, or lobbies of businesses like doctors, lawyers, etc., or even how many people pass by or pick up a copy for a quick read at kiosks, grocery stores or the busiest airport in the country. Then, of course, there is this thing called the internet, where the Atlanta magazine gets hundreds of thousands of hits every month online, where people can not only see pictures, but read meaningful info about a program as opposed to watch a laser beaming on a granite mountain.

So thank you for playing the "aggregate" game, but if you don't mind, next time use a better sample size, or you know, maybe some common sense.

Hail The Blue
21st July 2010, 12:37 PM
Here, I'll play this round. Let's go over your "aggregate" numbers a bit, oh bright one.

First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine

... that gets read for 40 seconds at a time while a Roswell house mom drops a deuce.

I wonder if she hums the State fight song while finishing up?

Walt3412
21st July 2010, 12:37 PM

First of all, let's ignore the fact that only a complete dumb@$$ would compare a 40-second laser show stint of a school's fight song to the main story of a monthly magazine, but we'll just let that one slide as I honestly can't expect any better from someone affiliated with Southern. Of course, if playing a school fight song provides such tremendous exposure to a program, GSU is well ahead of Southern in that department since we've been airing daily commercials of season ticket info with our fight song in the background on 680 the Fan, which has literally millions of people tune in on monthly basis.

But back to the laser show. So you say roughly 800,000 watch the laser show ever year. Ok. Southern's fight song has been part of the laser show, what, 3 years max according to one of your posters? So ignoring the fact that you are fighting for people's attention by being sandwiched in-between other school's fight songs, not to mention Jock Jams (LMAO!), you would at the very most, have had about 2.4 million people see the Southern fight song. Our 680 the Fan and 790 the Zone commercials and Curry radio interviews in the last 3 months alone dwarf that beyond discussion.

But going back to the Atlanta Magazine. There are roughly 35,000 subscriptions circulating in the Metro Atlanta area. This doesn't even take into account how many times this magazine gets read by people in the households, or lobbies of businesses like doctors, lawyers, etc., or even how many people pass by or pick up a copy for a quick read at kiosks, grocery stores or the busiest airport in the country. Then, of course, there is this thing called the internet, where the Atlanta magazine gets hundreds of thousands of hits every month online, where people can not only see pictures, but read meaningful info about a program as opposed to watch a laser beaming on a granite mountain.

So thank you for playing the "aggregate" game, but if you don't mind, next time use a better sample size, or you know, maybe some common sense.

Advertising is great unless your product is garbage, i.e. Ga State football.

Coach
21st July 2010, 12:51 PM

Say what you will but lasers are way cooler than a wifey magazine

SaintDK10
21st July 2010, 12:53 PM
I totally called your response. I've already explained why state is the cover of a women's magazine, its too expensive to pay schools that actually have an image. As far as content goes, UGA is mentioned 5 times on the cover while state is the after thought. "UGA, UGA, UGA, oh and state will actually play a game sometime."

Look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to cope with the fact that Georgia State University is on the front cover of the Atlanta Magazine Football Issue. Really, whatever works. If you can't comprehend that being on the cover of a magazine (we are the main story of the entire issue for crying out loud) warrants more prominence than a couple of small captions of others schools, then there really is not much I can do for you.

And of course you already know my response. What else is there to do but laugh out loud and call people out on their stupidity on this board? I mean, it's not like Southern fans post anything other than the typical MARTA/bullet-proof vests/homeless/Atlanta sucks comments. Please, save it for the birds, because you folks got nothing, NOTHING on us. We are doing it bigger, better and faster than you can even comprehend, and I wouldn't be here rubbing it in if it wasn't for a couple of @$$holes from this board repeatedly coming over to our message board and talking trash. You made your bed, now sleep in it. Just wait until ESPN's college preview issue comes out next month. You will not heart the end of it for years.

GSUrebel
21st July 2010, 01:02 PM
Look, you tell yourself whatever you need to say to cope with the fact that Georgia State University is on the front cover of the Atlanta Magazine Football Issue. Really, whatever works. If you can't comprehend that being on the cover of a magazine (we are the main story of the entire issue for crying out loud) warrants more prominence than a couple of small captions of others schools, then there really is not much I can do for you.

And of course you already know my response. What else is there to do but laugh out loud and call people out on their stupidity on this board? I mean, it's not like Southern fans post anything other than the typical MARTA/bullet-proof vests/homeless/Atlanta sucks comments. Please, save it for the birds, because you folks got nothing, NOTHING on us. We are doing it bigger, better and faster than you can even comprehend, and I wouldn't be here rubbing it in if it wasn't for a couple of @$$holes from this board repeatedly coming over to our message board and talking trash. You made your bed, now sleep in it. Just wait until ESPN's college preview issue comes out next month. You will not heart the end of it for years.

Not heart huh? You would think Atlanta Commuter College would offer a typing class.

A magazine about the Atlanta area has a football issue and is covering a school starting football for the first time and that school is located in Atlanta....holy crap that is the craziest thing ever, I would never expect that to happen. It's about as crazy as the Statesboro Herald or the Savannah Morning News having articles about us.

I am amazed that something like that would happen, clearly Atlanta Commuter College has passed us by being covered by a local magazine that is read by bored housewives.

Walt3412
21st July 2010, 01:04 PM
Please, save it for the birds, because you folks got nothing, NOTHING on us. We are doing it bigger, better and faster than you can even comprehend.

Right. When you win a championship within 5 years of starting your program and win over 20% of the titles handed out, let us know. But we have nothing, NOTHING on you. What a tool.

SouthernPride
21st July 2010, 01:07 PM
Yes, we will heart it. We will heart it for a long time. We've got loads of stuff on you. 6 national championships in 2 decades (faster than your so called rapid rise could ever be), winning records against you in sports, and better looking women. As for smack, we've laid it down hard and you have repeatedly avoided the tough stuff. Keep bragging about being in a women's magazine, it is really cute.

SunBeltNightmare
21st July 2010, 01:31 PM
Here is a link to past issue "covers":

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/backissues.aspx

bwahahahahaha!!!!

Here is my favorite, March 2010, a special on Atlanta Colleges and for an even better read, the Atlanta Roller Derby:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y336/adamlee79/Cover_March10.jpg

Note....nothing on gaYstD...but I thought suck10d's said that it does not matter whats inside if you are the cover. I feel for these poor guys, their let down is going to be horrendous for the next 1 - 10 years.

SunBeltNightmare
21st July 2010, 01:33 PM
Next month....Vogue magazine details the GaYStD uniforms....

KJ Eagle
21st July 2010, 02:05 PM

That's why State boys are so excited...75% of their team used to be female too. :D

GSUfanforever
21st July 2010, 04:26 PM

Quoted from the Panthertalk forum:

"...er...we're kind of on the cover of the August 2010 Football Issue." - Panama

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?885-Atlanta-Magazine...&p=7336#post7336

Not confident on there like you are on here. What gives?

panama
21st July 2010, 04:28 PM
er...Panamanian...Sarcasm kind of in DNA

Quoted from the Panthertalk forum:

"...er...we're kind of on the cover of the August 2010 Football Issue." - Panama

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?885-Atlanta-Magazine...&p=7336#post7336

Not confident on there like you are on here. What gives?

panama
21st July 2010, 04:29 PM
...I cannot wait to see what your snappy retorts will be about ESPN The Magazine...

lmao

GSUfanforever
21st July 2010, 04:31 PM
er...Panamanian...Sarcasm kind of in DNA

Other fun quotes about this mega worldwide release from Georgia State fans:

- "Where do you get that? I have never seen that mag before."

- "So no stores? Crap.."

- "I would not be on their boards at all if it wasn't for a couple of their numbnuts repeatedly coming over here and talking trash. They made their bed, now they need to slip in it."

AND THE WINNER IS:

- "This may be TMI, but I just got a hard on. Look at our practice field!"

Eagle22
21st July 2010, 04:37 PM
...I cannot wait to see what your snappy retorts will be about ESPN The Magazine...

lmao

Kudos on that. I'm being serious. A cover on ESPN mag is something significant ... even if it ends up being a regional cover ... that is more to what should be your target audience.

The key is sustaining that sort of coverage. Otherwise, it is flash-in-the-pan.

Georgia Southern has had several multi-page articles in SportsIllustrated as far back as 1981 ... nothing recent of course, because in the last four years we've done nothing to be relevant. We'll see if that changes with our new staff in place. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

I suspect that the AJC will probably have front page coverage for state football, at least in the Sports section, on your opening day game ... probably with a photo or two.

Compare your opening day coverage to what you get on the third Saturday in October, and that will be a better bellweather of the coverage you can expect week in and week out. My guess is that ESPN covers aren't going to be a frequent occurrence for state football.

panama
21st July 2010, 04:44 PM
All kidding aside, I read the Atlanta Magazine article last night and was shocked at the level of research the writer did (They article is actually called the F word which was what football was called under the former administration as in forbidden to be mentioned in the Prez' presence....seriously) as well as the high rollers Downtown who have donated $$$ and/or purchased season tickets including one former mayor, a congressman, a senator and the current Lt Guv. That's not to mention the CEOs. So sustaining it will be important because this level of person is investing on the ground level but expecting big things.

SwampEagle
22nd July 2010, 08:36 PM

lmaoIt's time for me to let y'all in on a little secret. The recent covers, both Atlanta Magazine and ESPN are the result of editorial IOU's. Here's what happened:

Atlanta had an Journalism convention (I don't remember the name of it, something like Writing Wrongs or something stupid like that) back in January at the World Congress Center. The editor of Atlanta invited the editor of ESPN to a round of golf at the Golf Club of Georgia. They hired a caddy, who happened to be a Georgia State grad, one of their most successful in history, to date - believe it or not, he has actually held a job for 22 years in a row!!!! Congrats, Georgia State! Back to the story.....

So, on the 13th hole, the editors made a $10,000 bet on the score on this particular hole. Well, the caddie, seeing his opportunity to strike it rich, decides to get in on the bet. He tells the players that they will both 3 putt on the hole (he knew the green was particularly difficult on this hole). As it turned out, both players triple bogeyed and three putted. The caddie won the bet.

So, in order to try to avoid giving the caddie five grand each, they offered to put the caddie's college football team on their covers in an issue this year. The caddie didn't know that Ga State had a football team and refused, wanting instead a chance to audition for the new TP for my BungHole - A Beavis and ButtHead Reunion movie coming out this fall. The editors convinced him that they had no influence in the cinema industry, finally explaining the difference between "editor" and "director". Furthermore, they whipped out their Blackberry's and proved to the caddie that GA State did indeed have a football team. Although the caddie didn't really care, they were able to convince him that the covers were worth enough to cover the ten grand debt. So, he reluctantly agreed.

The two editors could sense the caddy's disappointment during the remainder of the round and felt bad for him. They each tipped him a dollar and bought him some popcorn and a Coke at the clubhouse, and the caddy felt much better afterwards, so it all worked out in the end.

So, that's how it happened.

oldfart
22nd July 2010, 09:00 PM
nm

panama
22nd July 2010, 09:18 PM
But here's the funny part...we're still going to be on the cover. LMAO.

But nice piece of bathroom fiction.

It's time for me to let y'all in on a little secret. The recent covers, both Atlanta Magazine and ESPN are the result of editorial IOU's. Here's what happened:

Atlanta had an Journalism convention (I don't remember the name of it, something like Writing Wrongs or something stupid like that) back in January at the World Congress Center. The editor of Atlanta invited the editor of ESPN to a round of golf at the Golf Club of Georgia. They hired a caddy, who happened to be a Georgia State grad, one of their most successful in history, to date - believe it or not, he has actually held a job for 22 years in a row!!!! Congrats, Georgia State! Back to the story.....

So, on the 13th hole, the editors made a $10,000 bet on the score on this particular hole. Well, the caddie, seeing his opportunity to strike it rich, decides to get in on the bet. He tells the players that they will both 3 putt on the hole (he knew the green was particularly difficult on this hole). As it turned out, both players triple bogeyed and three putted. The caddie won the bet.

So, in order to try to avoid giving the caddie five grand each, they offered to put the caddie's college football team on their covers in an issue this year. The caddie didn't know that Ga State had a football team and refused, wanting instead a chance to audition for the new TP for my BungHole - A Beavis and ButtHead Reunion movie coming out this fall. The editors convinced him that they had no influence in the cinema industry, finally explaining the difference between "editor" and "director". Furthermore, they whipped out their Blackberry's and proved to the caddie that GA State did indeed have a football team. Although the caddie didn't really care, they were able to convince him that the covers were worth enough to cover the ten grand debt. So, he reluctantly agreed.

The two editors could sense the caddy's disappointment during the remainder of the round and felt bad for him. They each tipped him a dollar and bought him some popcorn and a Coke at the clubhouse, and the caddy felt much better afterwards, so it all worked out in the end.

GATA ERK
22nd July 2010, 09:49 PM
All kidding aside, I read the Atlanta Magazine article last night and was shocked at the level of research the writer did (They article is actually called the F word which was what football was called under the former administration as in forbidden to be mentioned in the Prez' presence....seriously) as well as the high rollers Downtown who have donated $$$ and/or purchased season tickets including one former mayor, a congressman, a senator and the current Lt Guv. That's not to mention the CEOs. So sustaining it will be important because this level of person is investing on the ground level but expecting big things.

Cagle went to Ga Southern and walked on the football team before an injury put him on the sidelines. I am sure he is doing his "political duty" by supporting the new team the 1st game, but that is the last you will see of him. Besides, aren't season tickets $70 bucks a year?......He gets credit for helping the program and it cost less than a dinner in Buckhead. Big political points on the cheap for Cagle with the Ga State crowd. lol! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Cagle

panama
23rd July 2010, 11:33 AM
Well you halfway explained away one...

I wondern if he has tickets to Southern games...

Cagle went to Ga Southern and walked on the football team before an injury put him on the sidelines. I am sure he is doing his "political duty" by supporting the new team the 1st game, but that is the last you will see of him. Besides, aren't season tickets $70 bucks a year?......He gets credit for helping the program and it cost less than a dinner in Buckhead. Big political points on the cheap for Cagle with the Ga State crowd. lol! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Cagle

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 03:12 PM
It's time for me to let y'all in on a little secret. The recent covers, both Atlanta Magazine and ESPN are the result of editorial IOU's. Here's what happened:

I actually live in the neighborhood where the Golf Club of Georgia is located in Alpharetta and there is no way they would hire a caddie that graduated from a low-life commuter college such as Georgia State. Possibly a valet, but not a caddie.

panama
23rd July 2010, 03:37 PM
Alpharetta. Explains so much...

:D

What is ironic about the idiocy of this story is 1) the number of golfers we have on the PGA Tour currently and 2) The number of corporate leadership level executives we have graduated who are obviously not caddies.

Now a degree from University of South Georgia...now that screams caddie, parking lot attendant or Wal Mart shift manager.

I actually live in the neighborhood where the Golf Club of Georgia is located in Alpharetta and there is no way they would hire a caddie that graduated from a low-life commuter college such as Georgia State. Possibly a valet, but not a caddie.

loyaleagle
23rd July 2010, 03:43 PM

What is ironic about the idiocy of this story is 1) the number of golfers we have on the PGS Tour currently and 2) The number of corporate leadership level executives we have graduated who are obviously not caddies.

Now a degree from University of South Georgia...now that screams caddie, parking lot attendant or Wal Mart shift manager.

I'm not a golfer; what's the PGS tour?

panama
23rd July 2010, 03:49 PM
I meant PGA. Lineman fingers.

I'm not a golfer; what's the PGS tour?

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 03:55 PM

What is ironic about the idiocy of this story is 1) the number of golfers we have on the PGA Tour currently and 2) The number of corporate leadership level executives we have graduated who are obviously not caddies.

Yeah, like good schools, low crime rate and very nice quality of life for a city located just outside of a major metropolis.

Where do you live? College Park or East Point?

panama
23rd July 2010, 04:05 PM
East Atlanta Village. Trying to keep my commute under 80 hours per week. :P

And yeah like I said, explains everything. I dont know anyone from Alfa-reter that isnt a 'wipe. Thanks for proving me right yet again.

Yeah, like good schools, low crime rate and very nice quality of life for a city located just outside of a major metropolis.

Where do you live? College Park or East Point?

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 04:10 PM
East Atlanta Village. Trying to keep my commute under 80 hours per week. :P

And yeah like I said, explains everything. I dont know anyone from Alfa-reter that isnt a 'wipe. Thanks for proving me right yet again.
True story. A buddy of mine bought a house in East Atlanta about 5 years ago, just a few blocks down from the Flat Iron, etc... Crack heads lived just across the street. He had to keep a gun nearby in his house at all times because his house was nearly broken into at least once a year. So, yeah, East Atlanta Village is a great place to live. I would fear for my wife and baby boy every time they were there alone at night. I guess you don't have a family to worry about living with you.

panama
23rd July 2010, 04:16 PM
True story, have lived there 10 years and I eat crack heads for breakfast. Your friend is woosie. LOL. I wish a crackhead or thug WOULD mess with me. I havent had that kind of fun for years.

True story, my wife works as an insurance agent in midtown. The agency is street level. Crackheads come in and SHE runs them out.

So maybe suburbanites should stay outside the city and stop buying real estate in "cool hip" neighborhoods they cannot handle.

True story. A buddy of mine bought a house in East Atlanta about 5 years ago, just a few blocks down from the Flat Iron, etc... Crack heads lived just across the street. He had to keep a gun nearby in his house at all times because his house was nearly broken into at least once a year. So, yeah, East Atlanta Village is a great place to live. I would fear for my wife and baby boy every time they were there alone at night. I guess you don't have a family to worry about living with you.

panama
23rd July 2010, 04:17 PM
..and now back to football on the street.

Nothing has changed. You guys still suck.

Back to you guys in the studio.

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 04:23 PM
True story, have lived there 10 years and I eat crack heads for breakfast. Your friend is woosie. LOL. I wish a crackhead or thug WOULD mess with me. I havent had that kind of fun for years.

True story, my wife works as an insurance agent in midtown. The agency is street level. Crackheads come in and SHE runs them out.

So maybe suburbanites should stay outside the city and stop buying real estate in "cool hip" neighborhoods they cannot handle.
You just admitted that you live and work around crack heads. I guess to you it's cool to live and work in a cracked out neighborhood. Good job. I'll bet that's a real nice lifestyle you have there. Hahaaha! Great schools in that area, too, if you ever have kids.

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 05:59 PM
Georgia State Freshman orientation video....
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1111098137/

panama
23rd July 2010, 09:38 PM
No I just admitted that large metropolises have crime and crackheads and that if you and your friends are too woosie to Cowboy up and deal with the situation you should keep your candybutts in the suburbs. You come to my house or mess with my family in Atlanta or Stateboro or anywhere else and you can believe I wil and have taken care of it. So I dont live around thugs or crakheads because they dont come down my street. Period.

You just admitted that you live and work around crack heads. I guess to you it's cool to live and work in a cracked out neighborhood. Good job. I'll bet that's a real nice lifestyle you have there. Hahaaha! Great schools in that area, too, if you ever have kids.

panama
23rd July 2010, 09:41 PM
You live in Alpharetta, GA. Georgia is 49th in education so unless youre kids are in a charter school of which we have 5 within a 5 mile radius then youre getting a crap education. Kind of like passing Ga Southern off as a college education.

lmao LOUD

Youre killing me, as if North Fulton = North Chicago or something.

Walt3412
23rd July 2010, 09:45 PM
If I had a nickel for everytime a Ga St. fan said "lmao" I'd be a rich man. Well, on second thought, since Ga St. doesn't have any fans, it probably wouldn't matter.

SunBeltNightmare
23rd July 2010, 09:50 PM
If I had a nickel for everytime a Ga St. fan said "lmao" I'd be a rich man. Well, on second thought, since Ga St. doesn't have any fans, it probably wouldn't matter.

151 members of Panthertalk...granted some of those are Talon and his buddies, BUT at a nickle each you are looking at a little over 7.5 bucks. That might buy you a good time with some of the local talent hanging around Ga StD campus this time of night.

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 10:18 PM
No I just admitted that large metropolises have crime and crackheads and that if you and your friends are too woosie to Cowboy up and deal with the situation you should keep your candybutts in the suburbs. You come to my house or mess with my family in Atlanta or Stateboro or anywhere else and you can believe I wil and have taken care of it. So I dont live around thugs or crakheads because they dont come down my street. Period.
Nice try. We were spicifically talking about East Atlanta where you live. AKA, crackville.
They live all around you. You should probably be out shopping for steel bars for your windows and not messing around on our smack talk board.

HiFlyinEagle
23rd July 2010, 10:21 PM
You live in Alpharetta, GA. Georgia is 49th in education so unless youre kids are in a charter school of which we have 5 within a 5 mile radius then youre getting a crap education. Kind of like passing Ga Southern off as a college education.

lmao LOUD

Youre killing me, as if North Fulton = North Chicago or something.
I live within 2 miles of the brand new Alpharetta High School. #7 on the list of top 25 public high schools in Georgia http://www.ajc.com/news/top-25-georgia-high-123297.html

What public high school on this list is located near East Atlanta?

eagleskins
24th July 2010, 01:32 AM

Of course they do. But, people with actual money can get out of those places. I live in a much bigger city than you, and don't get anywhere near the ghetto. M Street, son.

panama
24th July 2010, 07:17 AM
Some people with actual money like city living and actually go and buy a huge house in the city. ;)

Of course they do. But, people with actual money can get out of those places. I live in a much bigger city than you, and don't get anywhere near the ghetto. M Street, son.

panama
24th July 2010, 07:18 AM
#7 in state #49... ;)

I live within 2 miles of the brand new Alpharetta High School. #7 on the list of top 25 public high schools in Georgia http://www.ajc.com/news/top-25-georgia-high-123297.html

What public high school on this list is located near East Atlanta?

panama
24th July 2010, 07:29 AM
By the way, someone on AnyGivenSaturday just questioned whether our two schools are rivals.:eek: LOL.

No, not at all.

loyaleagle
24th July 2010, 07:42 AM
By the way, someone on AnyGivenSaturday just questioned whether our two schools are rivals.:eek: LOL.

No, not at all.

Finally, a statement from you that I can agree with!

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 08:15 AM
Some people with actual money like city living and actually go and buy a huge house in the city. ;)
Those people in Atlanta live in Virginia-Highland, Ansley Park and Morningside. Not cracked out hoods like East Atlanta.

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 08:27 AM
#7 in state #49... ;)
Way to avoid answering my question.

The only reason Georgia is #49 in the Nation is because the schools in the area where you live drag the state down.

panama
24th July 2010, 12:02 PM
Riiiight, because its not the schools in rural North Georgia and small town South Georgia dragging those stats into the mud.

I was not trying to avoid your question, jsut found it somewhat irrelevant in that we're 49th in education so who cares. But to answer your questions, most of the young professionals with small kids are sending their kids to Neighborhood Charter and then Atlanta Charter Middle School, and there test scores are excellent.

Way to avoid answering my question.

The only reason Georgia is #49 in the Nation is because the schools in the area where you live drag the state down.

panama
24th July 2010, 12:14 PM
Right, there are no young professionals living in Grant Park, East Atlanta and East Lake. That is hilarious that youre trying to telll me about my city. The crime is just as bad in those neighborhoods you mention and in fact the proximity to Midtown draws even more crackheads and their petty crimes.Va Highlands is next to Poncey Highlands and the Old Fourth Ward which are the crackhouse capitals of Atlanta. I am sure all the builders who built subdivisions in East Atlanta of 250k to 800k homes from 2002 to 2008, and sold out, will take it to heart that we're cracked out. The poor poor people of Glenwood Park and The Preserve...

Look we all have our quality of life issues and for me personally I would rather not spend 4 hours a day on the worst traffic thoughfare in America especially since the state has decreed my lackberry to be now illegal/a doorstop in my car. (Anyone else fins it ironic that we're still calling them "mobile" phones)

...but back to football!

Those people in Atlanta live in Virginia-Highland, Ansley Park and Morningside. Not cracked out hoods like East Atlanta.

panama
24th July 2010, 12:16 PM
I and the 95 other residents of my subdivision are one of those people and we dont live those neighborhoods.

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 12:19 PM
Riiiight, because its not the schools in rural North Georgia and small town South Georgia dragging those stats into the mud.

I was not trying to avoid your question, jsut found it somewhat irrelevant in that we're 49th in education so who cares. But to answer your questions, most of the young professionals with small kids are sending their kids to Neighborhood Charter and then Atlanta Charter Middle School, and there test scores are excellent.
We were talking about high schools, but I understand it's hard for you to keep up. Product of that Georgia State University education.

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 12:43 PM
Right, there are no young professionals living in Grant Park, East Atlanta and East Lake. That is hilarious that youre trying to telll me about my city. The crime is just as bad in those neighborhoods you mention and in fact the proximity to Midtown draws even more crackheads and their petty crimes.Va Highlands is next to Poncey Highlands and the Old Fourth Ward which are the crackhouse capitals of Atlanta. I am sure all the builders who built subdivisions in East Atlanta of 250k to 800k homes from 2002 to 2008, and sold out, will take it to heart that we're cracked out. The poor poor people of Glenwood Park and The Preserve...

Look we all have our quality of life issues and for me personally I would rather not spend 4 hours a day on the worst traffic thoughfare in America especially since the state has decreed my lackberry to be now illegal/a doorstop in my car. (Anyone else fins it ironic that we're still calling them "mobile" phones)

...but back to football!
You are delusional. Provide me with some statistics that back up your claims there. I won't hold my breath because there are no such statistics that will back up your claim. You are just flat out wrong.

I work at Turner Field and it takes me 30 minutes to get there from Alpharetta with no traffic and 1 hour with heavy traffic.

Want to get into the location of your new football facility? I was a juror on a murder trial a few years back. The murder occurred at Grady Homes which was just a block or two from your new practice facility. Real nice place you have there. Watch out for flying bullets.

panama
24th July 2010, 12:58 PM
Seriously, do you really think Southern is a better school that Georgia State? Only people from Stateboro believe that crap. I have yet to run into a Senior Leadership Level Exec from Southen at any company I have worked for. So what the hell is so great about Southern? Where are your nationally reckognized faculty members? Have NEVER seen that economic expert on CNN from Southern. Where are the circuit judges and the CFOs and CIOs?

And I mentioned those two schools because there has been a pogression from Neighborhood Charter to Atlanta Charter Middle since 2002 as these kids grow up. But since you want to know the high school is Atlanta Tech High School which yes bla ba charter school bla bla great test score bla bla bla.

We were talking about high schools, but I understand it's hard for you to keep up. Product of that Georgia State University education.

panama
24th July 2010, 01:04 PM
30 minutes to Turner Field? Do you work nights? Weekends? LMAO

You do realize that Grady and Carver Homes were razed 5 years ago right? We will watch out for the bullets from the trendy restaurants on Memorial Drive across from our field.

You work near Turner Field and you did not know this? LMAO LOUD! You're killing me. And youre defending GA 400 as a traffic thoroughfare? You want proof? Did you just move here? You do know that the Downtown Connector IS the busiest thoroughfare in the United States right? And did I just make up the traffic nightmare that is GA400 southbound in the morning and northbound in the evening. My co-workers in Hapeville who live in Alpharetta and Johns Creek would love to know how you manage that consistent 30 minute drive.

You are delusional. Provide me with some statistics that back up your claims there. I won't hold my breath because there are no such statistics that will back up your claim. You are just flat out wrong.

I work at Turner Field and it takes me 30 minutes to get there from Alpharetta with no traffic and 1 hour with heavy traffic.

Want to get into the location of your new football facility? I was a juror on a murder trial a few years back. The murder occurred at Grady Homes which was just a block or two from your new practice facility. Real nice place you have there. Watch out for flying bullets.

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 01:21 PM
Seriously, do you really think Southern is a better school that Georgia State? Only people from Stateboro believe that crap. I have yet to run into a Senior Leadership Level Exec from Southen at any company I have worked for. So what the hell is so great about Southern? Where are your nationally reckognized faculty members? Have NEVER seen that economic expert on CNN from Southern. Where are the circuit judges and the CFOs and CIOs?

And I mentioned those two schools because there has been a pogression from Neighborhood Charter to Atlanta Charter Middle since 2002 as these kids grow up. But since you want to know the high school is Atlanta Tech High School which yes bla ba charter school bla bla great test score bla bla bla.
The correct word there is than, not that. Yes, I believe Georgia Southern is a better school than Georgia State. Georgia State has a good Executive MBA program which is where all these "CEO's" come from that you talk about, but the undergrad program at State isn't all that. Their English Department is severely lacking. I have first hand knowledge of this.

Atlanta Tech High School. Never heard of it. Funny how it's missing from all of the lists of best high schools in metro Atlanta.

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 01:44 PM
30 minutes to Turner Field? Do you work nights? Weekends? LMAO

You do realize that Grady and Carver Homes were razed 5 years ago right? We will watch out for the bullets from the trendy restaurants on Memorial Drive across from our field.

You work near Turner Field and you did not know this? LMAO LOUD! You're killing me. And youre defending GA 400 as a traffic thoroughfare? You want proof? Did you just move here? You do know that the Downtown Connector IS the busiest thoroughfare in the United States right? And did I just make up the traffic nightmare that is GA400 southbound in the morning and northbound in the evening. My co-workers in Hapeville who live in Alpharetta and Johns Creek would love to know how you manage that consistent 30 minute drive.
Well considering that the Braves play mostly at night and on the weekends, yes, that's when I work at Turner Field. Takes me about 30 minutes to get to my parking spot in the media lot.

panama
24th July 2010, 02:04 PM
So I fat fingered, sorry about that folks. ;P

Tech High School has been open for like 3 or 4 years so not surprising that its not some lists yet.

Keep living your delusion that Southern is a great school. Our undergraduate level is just fine. What it lacks is notoriety which we will get in due course with a shiny new football team, media coverage and doubling the number of dorms by 2015. Look, we're two schools going in opposite directions. Conventional wisdom 20 years ago was that by now you guys would have expanded your stadium to 50,000 seats and be playing FBS. Hell, even I assumed that. You didn't and you aren't. Conventional wisdom 10 years ago was that GSU would never EVER have football especially with a president who banned the mention of the sport in his presence to the point that it is still jokingly referred to as The F-Word. But here we are and we have a new Prez and AD and new head coaches all over the athletic department who get it. Central Atlanta Progress, the Capital Club members and Atlanta Convention and Visitor's Bureau want this and we all know they always get what they want. (see Olympics, 1996). So we all know where this is headed. Just chew on this for a bit; Of the last say 5 or 6 programs that have moved to FBS, who has had MORE economic, geographic, media and in place infrastructure advantages than GSU? I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks. USF and UCF maybe in that they are larger but they had roughly the same amount of students as us when they started and both are in smaller cities. Certainly not FIU an FAU in that they did not have a close by top flight NFL/BCS Bowl Stadium and are in a permanently economically depressed metro area. UAB or Troy? Not a chance. Memphis? We have a better stadium, coach AND media market than when they move up. I am running out of teams here. How about the ones due to move up? UTSA? I give us the edge in alumni size, stadium and media market. USA? Not even close in any category. Am I missing anyone?

So the question is not who do we think we are or even why would we move up? It should be , why would we NOT move up? Nothing else seems to make any sense. I can tell you one thing, if we do not move up by 2013 or 2014 we will not have the backing of alumni, movers and shakers and Atlanta civic groups in 2015. THAT you can take to the bank.

panama
24th July 2010, 02:06 PM
Try that commute at 8:00 a.m. on a Wed. once school is back in session an then try leaving work at 4:30 to return.

Well considering that the Braves play mostly at night and on the weekends, yes, that's when I work at Turner Field. Takes me about 30 minutes to get to my parking spot in the media lot.

Walt3412
24th July 2010, 02:27 PM
So I fat fingered, sorry about that folks. ;P

Tech High School has been open for like 3 or 4 years so not surprising that its not some lists yet.

Keep living your delusion that Southern is a great school. Our undergraduate level is just fine. What it lacks is notoriety which we will get in due course with a shiny new football team, media coverage and doubling the number of dorms by 2015. Look, we're two schools going in opposite directions. Conventional wisdom 20 years ago was that by now you guys would have expanded your stadium to 50,000 seats and be playing FBS. Hell, even I assumed that. You didn't and you aren't. Conventional wisdom 10 years ago was that GSU would never EVER have football especially with a president who banned the mention of the sport in his presence to the point that it is still jokingly referred to as The F-Word. But here we are and we have a new Prez and AD and new head coaches all over the athletic department who get it. Central Atlanta Progress, the Capital Club members and Atlanta Convention and Visitor's Bureau want this and we all know they always get what they want. (see Olympics, 1996). So we all know where this is headed. Just chew on this for a bit; Of the last say 5 or 6 programs that have moved to FBS, who has had MORE economic, geographic, media and in place infrastructure advantages than GSU? I have been thinking about this for a couple of weeks. USF and UCF maybe in that they are larger but they had roughly the same amount of students as us when they started and both are in smaller cities. Certainly not FIU an FAU in that they did not have a close by top flight NFL/BCS Bowl Stadium and are in a permanently economically depressed metro area. UAB or Troy? Not a chance. Memphis? We have a better stadium, coach AND media market than when they move up. I am running out of teams here. How about the ones due to move up? UTSA? I give us the edge in alumni size, stadium and media market. USA? Not even close in any category. Am I missing anyone?

So the question is not who do we think we are or even why would we move up? It should be , why would we NOT move up? Nothing else seems to make any sense. I can tell you one thing, if we do not move up by 2013 or 2014 we will not have the backing of alumni, movers and shakers and Atlanta civic groups in 2015. THAT you can take to the bank.

I always love this "program going in two different directions" talk. How about play a freaking game first! And nobody yet has been able to answer the question of how you are going to outdraw GT when they can't even fill up their stadium...you won't EVER outdraw them, and you can take THAT to the bank. Now go back to that pathetic waste of space you call a board and leave us alone.

panama
24th July 2010, 02:29 PM
Waaaa

lol...still killing the crowd

Georgia Tech doesnt fill their stadium because they have no populist appeal. I never see kids downtown in SE or SW Atlanta wearing GT gear. NEVER. You do see a lot of UGA gear however and we're talking about blocks from their campus. There is just the slightest hint of elitism among Tech grads and fans that prevents them from having the following of a Georgia, University of Miami, Texas or Ohio State. So i am definitely not worried about GT. When I see some GT flags in Lithonia or Douglasville or Rome or Calhoun then I might think they are expanding their base. I mean, who attends UGA games? Everyone? Now who attends Tech games? Alumni? Students? Anyone else? Nope

I always love this "program going in two different directions" talk. How about play a freaking game first! And nobody yet has been able to answer the question of how you are going to outdraw GT when they can't even fill up their stadium...you won't EVER outdraw them, and you can take THAT to the bank. Now go back to that pathetic waste of space you call a board and leave us alone.

Walt3412
24th July 2010, 02:32 PM
Waaaa

lol...still killing the crowd

No answers, only smartass comments...just as expected.

Dave.
24th July 2010, 02:33 PM
You guys are getting trolled ridiculously hard by posters who have admitted that the administration has displayed no desire to move to FBS. They're simply trolling you for fun.

Give it up.

panama
24th July 2010, 02:39 PM
You ARE referring to YOUR administration right? Because ours just *cough cough* ahem, sidesteps the question in order not to piss off the CAA. But we know what happened to the last administration that opposed the alumni and business.

You guys are getting trolled ridiculously hard by posters who have admitted that the administration has displayed no desire to move to FBS. They're simply trolling you for fun.

Give it up.

Dave.
24th July 2010, 02:41 PM
You ARE referring to YOUR administration right? Because ours just *cough cough* ahem, sidesteps the question in order not to piss off the CAA. But we know what happened to the last administration that opposed the alumni and business.

There's no question that ours has no desire to do so. However, it's been stated by your own posters (and you just clarified it again) that yours doesn't either.

Now, I'm not saying they should, because it requires a large financial commitment and a new team should spend around 4-5 years in FCS regardless.

panama
24th July 2010, 02:51 PM
Whomever stated that is misinformed because every interview I have seen or heard its not an emphatic no but rather the classic media sidestep. In fact our prez let it slip a year ago in Tampa at an alumni meeting before he was obviously told to bring it down a notch and not mention it. Look I love football at all levels. I watch it all including CFL. But the idea that FCS football will make it in downtown Atlanta vs GT, UGA and the Falcons is suicidal. I would rather be Div III or FCS non scholly than go though the nightmare of trying to schedule GSU vs James madison in the Dome while GT vs Miami is 20 blocks up Northside Dr on the same afternoon.

Most of have been around a long time and we do not want another episode of what happened after Lefty left. We went 29-5 and beat Wisconsin and nobody cared because frankly this city is too big with too much to do. Nobody was driving downtown to see us play Stetson or Samford. If people are going to drive to the Dome from Stone Mountain Alpaharetta and Fayetteville in 2014 it will not be because we're playing Wofford or Maine.
There's no question that ours has no desire to do so. However, it's been stated by your own posters (and you just clarified it again) that yours doesn't either.

Now, I'm not saying they should, because it requires a large financial commitment and a new team should spend around 4-5 years in FCS regardless.

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 03:23 PM
Try that commute at 8:00 a.m. on a Wed. once school is back in session an then try leaving work at 4:30 to return.
You are slow. I get that. You let me know when the Braves have an 8:00 am game on a Wednesday and I'll make the commute for you. ;)

panama
24th July 2010, 03:32 PM
And youre an illiterate. Most Alpharettans are 9 to 5 'ers as if it bares mentioning at all.

You are slow. I get that. You let me know when the Braves have an 8:00 am game on a Wednesday and I'll make the commute for you. ;)

HiFlyinEagle
24th July 2010, 03:57 PM
And youre an illiterate. Most Alpharettans are 9 to 5 'ers as if it bares mentioning at all.
I had JUST STATED that I work for the Braves and only make the commute to Turner Field when there is a home game. At what point did we begin discussing "most Alpharettans" commute times? It's called reading comprehension. You should look into it.

panama
24th July 2010, 09:59 PM
YOU mentioned your commute to refute my contention that GA 400 traffic is horrible. YOU do not have a typical commute. YOU do not commute at rush hour Monday through Friday by your own admission. So YOU look into reading comprehension because NOTHING you say makes a bit of sense.

Did I...did I just have to explain that???? Holy Cow!

I had JUST STATED that I work for the Braves and only make the commute to Turner Field when there is a home game. At what point did we begin discussing "most Alpharettans" commute times? It's called reading comprehension. You should look into it.