PDA

View Full Version : Pop Up Ads

gsugt1
12th August 2010, 04:11 PM
Paul,
The site looks good. Anyway to get rid of the pop up ad's ? On the old site those who were donors didn't get them. Thanks

Eagle22
12th August 2010, 06:02 PM
Displayed ads w/ the posts, or true pop ups (new window ?)

There should be no true pop ups. I have those selected off on the Google ad panel. If you have one, please send me the information so I can pursue w/ Google.

There is a banner shown at the middle of the forum now, that is new. This new software incorporates the ad program and places it differently. Once I update the code, that one will be removed for text ads, and the banner ad will move to the header.

Hail The Blue
12th August 2010, 06:13 PM
Paul,
The site looks good. Anyway to get rid of the pop up ad's ? On the old site those who were donors didn't get them. Thanks

Chrome with ad-blocker plus extension... no pop ups here......

Dave.
12th August 2010, 06:15 PM
Chrome with ad-blocker plus extension... no pop ups here......

FF with ABP+, no pop ups here in at least a year.

On any website.

One of these two browsers with that extension should fix you up guy.

gsugt1
12th August 2010, 08:38 PM
There is a banner shown at the middle of the forum now, that is new. This new software incorporates the ad program and places it differently. Once I update the code, that one will be removed for text ads, and the banner ad will move to the header.

Thanks for the update. That is actually what i was talking about. I didn't mean the pop-up ads Thanks again.