TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So are these annoying Ga State fans

Default Re: So are these annoying Ga State fans

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    The rumors floating around the ATL is their transfers have no business being on a college campus. Folks are saying it goes way beyond typical dumb jock stuff so I have a feeling their APR is going to be a problem soon. Your right though with all the dumb mercenaries they might have a decent season then they will flunk out next year.
    ala North Dakota St.

I hope State gets walloped on Thursday. Just saying.

Also, I was looking at Shorter's athletic page. They actually have nicer facilities than Samford. What does that say?
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Shorter is a solid program, I bet this will be a better game than most think.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUFan468 View Post
    Shorter is a solid program, I bet this will be a better game than most think.
    Last week Shorter was defeated soundly by W. Alabama. They are an option team but only averaged 1.9 yards per carry & were 0 for 7 in passing. They would have to better themselves by 250% to make a game of it with GaSt. That doesn't mean that Shorter can't but it doesn't look good.
    Lambuth on the other hand beat there foe 60-7 and was ranked 7th in the NAIA coaches pole. Lambuth should be a better test for GaSt.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

5. Default Re: So are these annoying Ga State fans

Fellas there is a reason all the BCS players Ga. State has are not playing for a big name FCS programs. The reason weather it be academics, behavior or general health problems is because big time FCS programs don't need BCS rejects with grade and behavior problems, and are not willing to take the risk. Ga. State on the other hand will thake that risk because they need players. They are a start up program in the State of Georgia among the likes of GT, Georgia Southern and UGA. Their school has been nothing as far as athletics go for so long that they will do anything to be a Georgia Southern, UGA or GT. Yes from what I've read half their team was having academic or behavioral problems prior to their transferring to Ga. State (AKA Their almighty star BCS third string QB) which in five years will destroy their APR and send their program back where it came from .... inside the minds of a few believers that Ga. State will ever be anything more than a commuter college.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Last week Shorter was defeated soundly by W. Alabama. .

Well I know last year they had a pretty good team.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUFan468 View Post
    Well I know last year they had a pretty good team.
    Being a triple option team I wish Shorter the best of luck against GaSt. We'll see how disciplined GsSt’s defense is.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Their OC is a Georgia Southern Grad. http://goshorterhawks.com/sports/m-f...coaches/mathis

What happened to the Atlanta Commuter College posters? They haven't been around since that awful excuse of a fight song was posted on here.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

10. Default Re: So are these annoying Ga State fans

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    The rumors floating around the ATL is their transfers have no business being on a college campus. Folks are saying it goes way beyond typical dumb jock stuff so I have a feeling their APR is going to be a problem soon. Your right though with all the dumb mercenaries they might have a decent season then they will flunk out next year.

Who are you talking about?

Joe Gilbert and Clyde Yandell have already got their degrees from GT and are in Grad School at State.

Bailey Woods is a good student.

Are you talking about the JUCO transfers? No crap, they went to JUCO for a reason, Southern has those guys too.

They actually have a good roster for a start up program.