TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McKinnon

Default McKinnon

I am so proud of him today, I felt like I watched him grow up. He seemed nervous in the first half, or maybe he was not up to game speed but the second half he took control of the team and made some great plays and you could really tell he was giving it his all. Way to go! Great Game!

PS: another should out for DiMasi as well! Good to see the 4th string QB get a TD.

Default Re: McKinnon

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I am so proud of him today, I felt like I watched him grow up. He seemed nervous in the first half, or maybe he was not up to game speed but the second half he took control of the team and made some great plays and you could really tell he was giving it his all. Way to go! Great Game!

PS: another should out for DiMasi as well! Good to see the 4th string QB get a TD.
    I pretty much agree with this. Mckinnon missed about 3 passes in the 1st half (two of them for easy TDs), but you can't be surprised. He's an 18 year old who got thrust into a playoff game. However, in the second half (specifically the 4th quarter) you could see him relax a little bit and make better reads.

Also, am I the only person that noticed Mckinnon couldn't keep his feet all day? It was like he was ice-skating out there? Maybe a cleats problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I pretty much agree with this. Mckinnon missed about 3 passes in the 1st half (two of them for easy TDs), but you can't be surprised. He's an 18 year old who got thrust into a playoff game. However, in the second half (specifically the 4th quarter) you could see him relax a little bit and make better reads.

Also, am I the only person that noticed Mckinnon couldn't keep his feet all day? It was like he was ice-skating out there? Maybe a cleats problem?
    I was wondering about that too, Buzz. The radio guys kept sounding like it was fairly widespread but it seemed like it was his name being called much more often. Interesting.

Field was slick. I'm not sure if longer cleats would have helped ... but the grass felt like the dew had never burned off .. with the rain yesterday, it was just slick out there. SC State had a few slip as well.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I had told someone there they needed to go to longer cleats. There were a couple of good runs he missed because of slips. But he came up big time for his team. Proud of that young man.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

I thought Roger sprayed armorall onto the field to make it shine

I agree. Not bad for a kid who was at his high school prom a few months ago.

The Duke

He managed the game well...Once Jaybo went out we needed to rely on the D and they responded perfectly
    "Recruiting is like shaving, You have to do it everyday"-C.Y.

He seemed very comfortable during the 4th qtr. I hope we don't have to count on a true freshman next week, but if we do I feel a little better after today. We need our defense to play like they have been regardless of who starts.

I'm a little worried that McKinnon looked solid in the second half because:

A) SC State just isn't that great.

B) The SC State defense was freakin' exhausted because our defense had their offense off the field so fast

William & Mary is good. We'll have a hard time beating them with Jaybo. Slim to none without him.
    "Officially" designated as the GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.