TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: announcer on ncaa.com

Default announcer on ncaa.com

Man!!!!! I knew this was going to happen. How many times did that guy call us Georgia State?

I know it was probably more than 8 times.. maybe 12. Man I hate ga state..
    I hope somebody gets to this guy or whoever is doing our game this week.. and lets them know.. WE ARE NOT GA STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How hard is that to get through people's heads?

Default Re: annoyncer on ncaa.com

+1. That really annoyed me too. I mean give us some respect!

I sent a complaint e-mail to ncaa.com Hopefully it will do some good.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

You know, I actually liked the announcer for the most part. He was very unbiased and had a lot of nice things to say about Georgia Southern. Unfortunately, he started driving me nuts with the Georgia State thing.

Besides the fact that he called us Georgia State a handful of times...he was actually REALLY good. Better than pretty much any play by play guy I've seen on TV all year...and he was by himself. i was impressed.

Who's Georgia State?

Quote Originally Posted by jlgreer1 View Post
    Who's Georgia State?
    I'm seriously wondering the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Besides the fact that he called us Georgia State a handful of times...he was actually REALLY good. Better than pretty much any play by play guy I've seen on TV all year...and he was by himself. i was impressed.
    I was at the game, but watched the first qtr today. I have to agree with buzz. I totally get where you guys are coming from, but to be up there alone, I thought he was not bad. Again, only watched first qtr or so....
    Letterman. Alum. Booster.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle21 View Post
    I was at the game, but watched the first qtr today. I have to agree with buzz. I totally get where you guys are coming from, but to be up there alone, I thought he was not bad. Again, only watched first qtr or so....
    The other thing is I think he may have been perched up on the observation deck. If so, that is as far away from the field that you can get.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

I thought he was pretty good (by himself), but the only thing that impressed me was the quick and decisive rules interpretations. I'm specifically thinking of the running into the kicker call.

I don't remember ever listening to a broadcast without a color guy.