TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: A cautionary tale:

Default A cautionary tale:

I forgot, that years ago ... a few years after I started this site and we had it on the Rivals.com network, I had come across this little gem ... some of you may remember me posting it so very long ago .. others may have seen it elsewhere ... some of you were in third grade and probably couldn't read it

Food for thought ... before smacking away:

The Oliver Woofing Theorem FAQ
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: A cautionary tale:

The link's not working on my cpu. It could just be my computer though. It says "server not found."

Quote Originally Posted by gataeagles06 View Post
    The link's not working on my cpu. It could just be my computer though. It says "server not found."
    Works for me.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Yeah, the Sampras/Chang reference shows just how long this one has been around...haha

5. Default Re: A cautionary tale:

I blame it for every loss Southern has had since this site was founded. I think eagleskins alone is probably responsible for about 20 losses.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    I blame it for every loss Southern has had since this site was founded. I think eagleskins alone is probably responsible for about 20 losses.
    What about the pre-1997 results ?
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Well, that explains Ga State. Wasn't the SEC supposed to be begging them to join by now?

8. Default Re: A cautionary tale:

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    What about the pre-1997 results ?
    Tim Stowers and Scott Garner.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

9. Default Re: A cautionary tale:

I've argued in the past that Oliver's woofing theorem once was itself used enough to be considered woofing and as such could actually cause an inverse woofing theorem to be true especially given Oliver's claims of infallibility.

With all the talk back and forth this week...just wanted to post a reminder of this thread...
    We have the privilege of two Georgia Southerns...the one that is known, from the past and the present; However, we also have access to the Georgia Southern University of our ambition....E.Y.E.S. / Alum