TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: LET'S BEAT SAMFORD, LET'S BEAT HUNGER

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default LET'S BEAT SAMFORD, LET'S BEAT HUNGER

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com...B_OEM_ID=18700

Saturday, November 8th, has been designated as the 'Let's Beat Samford, Lets Beat Hunger' event. Eagle Sports Marketing is teaming up with corporate sponsor Harvey’s Supermarkets for the Hunger Challenge. As the Eagles prepare to face the Samford Bulldogs amidst the Homecoming festivities on November 8th, the members of Eagle Nation will be called upon to help Georgia Southern Athletics defeat hunger by donating non-perishable canned food items at all local Harvey’s Supermarkets in Bulloch County, the Eagle Sports Marketing Offices in Hanner Fieldhouse, and on the day of the game at Paulson Stadium.

The challenge will begin on Monday October 20th and culminate with the homecoming festivities on November 8th. The goal for the 2008 challenge is 2000 pounds of food donations to the Bulloch County Food Bank.

Georgia Southern Athletics needs everyone’s help to make 'Let's Beat Samford, Lets Beat Hunger' a huge success
    FOR TICKETS CALL 1-800-GSU-WINS

Where will be the drop-off area at the stadium?

How about challenging all the fans to donate more pounds of can goods than the weight of the Team?
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    Where will be the drop-off area at the stadium?

How about challenging all the fans to donate more pounds of can goods than the weight of the Team?
    Yeah, I brought some canned goods last time such an effort was advertised but then didn't know what to do with them once I got to the stadium, so ended up taking them back home. Inquiring minds want to know.

I took some last year. I saw a lot of volunteers. One girl said we were the only one that gave.

I hunger to beat Samford.

I'll bring some can goods just let us know what to do with them.
    Bleu (formerly Bcube) in the non cyber world is Bill Bates.

6. Default

As the article says you may drop off your canned foods at Eagle Sports Marketing offices in Hanner or at Harveys Supermarkets also at the game you can drop them off in the canned food bins in front/ next to the gates before you enter Paulson at all the gates. Thanks for your help, as it is greatly needed
    FOR TICKETS CALL 1-800-GSU-WINS