TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Henton's QB play

Remember we had another transfer QB, the kid from Lincoln County who came here from Southern Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    man, so disappointed with this guy. He has absolutly no touch on any of his passes. tries to through a rope every time. Looks like he is about 5'3 when he's in the pocket. How many attempted passes have been slapped down. And forget about a screen pass. We dont run enough HB screen passes in my opinion, and I think its b/c Henton cant through a simple lob. Our coaches need to find a way to get him out of the pocket so he has plenty of passing lanes. He also makes too many bad decisions. Raja is a great WR, but he's not Rany Moss. Henton put's up a prayer for Raja to come down with and to Raja's credit he makes big plays. I cant think of too many times I've seen a play this year and said, "Wow, that was a great pass by Henton. It seems he is a load and gets 3,4, or 5 yards on those QB draws, but besides making a few plays with his feet, i'm not excited.
    You say he has no touch on his passes...when everybody else says he just lofts the ball in the air too much...

I think we just have a bunch of "Henton Haters" and I'm not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    Henton just doesn't have the "it" factor to be a great QB. I wonder if he would be open to playing another position. LB maybe.

You guys have to be kidding. Henton is the only QB on the team who actually knows how to improvise.

Quote Originally Posted by HentonHypeMachine View Post
    You guys have to be kidding. Henton is the only QB on the team who actually knows how to improvise.
    By improvise, do you mean throwing the ball blindly over the top of your head for intentional grounding?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    By improvise, do you mean throwing the ball blindly over the top of your head for intentional grounding?
    Congratulations you just named one play out of hundreds of snaps that kid has taken...Henton was the only reason we were even in the game with App State...

Jayson Foster never made a boneheaded play? Tracy Ham? Never? Give me a break.

Thank God you're not coaching the team.

Congratulations you just named one play out of hundreds of snaps that kid has taken...Henton was the only reason we were even in the game with App State...

Jayson Foster never made a boneheaded play? Tracy Ham? Never? Give me a break.

Thank God you're not coaching the team.
    Well I could pick out plenty of others if you would like. As far as coaching the team, that really makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ks eagle 76 View Post
    try tight end
    I dont know guys.Jury is still out on this one.Does he have the it factor?sometimes.Does he look like he could be a tight end or a bruising rb yeah.Some of his balls have been thrown and placed very well,others make you scratch your head.in the clutch does he deliver?can he rally the squad for a gut check when needed?
    i think chappel may be a better passer,Henton a better runner.in the future maybe the eagles can wrap up both skills with one player.

I don't think the problem is Henton. We just lost four straight home games to teams that had better quarterbacks and better talent overall. I was really impressed with Samford's QB. He was a gamer.

Someone posted it earlier and they are right. We have to recruit better. Talent-wise, we aren't at the level of Samford, Elon, App State, etc. That's been the biggest change since the coaching switch in 2005, in my opinion.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    What the Eagles need is someone to step forward and lead this Team. We don't have one single player that will try to encourage or motivate the rest to step it up.

We need an "in your face" motivator on the field and on the sideline.

Just my opinion!!!!
    CH should have brought John Pate back to the staff.

10. Default

You say he has no touch on his passes...when everybody else says he just lofts the ball in the air too much...

I think we just have a bunch of "Henton Haters" and I'm not sure why.
    It's hard for me to describe in a few words. It's like he has 2 methods; either toss up a 40 yard rainbow bomb, or a ball thrown on a rope. Its almost like watching mike vick play in Atlanta, that guy had one of the strongest arms in NFL but was not a good "passer". If it were not for his size and ability rush the football, i dont think Henton would see any PT. All that said, i do believe it was more poor execution than anything in our game, but it was obvious to me that Henton does not have the ability to get the ball to our recievers so they can make a play most of the time. More time than not, its our reicievers making a play to catch a poorly thrown ball. Watch the highlight video again, there were at least 2 more passes that should have been picked off by Samford yesterday
    Class of 2001