TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Parking Increases - Read It & Weep

Default Re: Football Parking Increases - Read It & Weep

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I've tried to keep my yap shut over the years but bottom line, we want better, get out the checkbooks, or chill out on upward moves both in relationship to stadium and divisions, and yes, some "high-rollers with empty pockets", like garns4, will eventually be left out in the cold, ie, walk 5 miles after parking in Portal, to take my rightful position in the "nosebleed" section of the new PaulsonKeil Stadium. Hate toting around field glasses.
    It will hurt, but most here were complaining about the cost being too low. We all have know it would happen eventually, well eventually is here. Glad to help fund our Athletics Teams...
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson ~~

This is actually the best time to increase these prices. Think about how excited everyone is after last year? Think people aren't going to be willing to save a little extra to be a part of that atmosphere that first game of the year?

Now, imagine if a certain someone were to not have their current position anymore? I'd be sold and send them my money today!

Quote Originally Posted by gs_eagle4ever View Post
    Fixed it for you...Don't forget home game play-offs.....
    I stand corrected.

Still some of the best entertainment for the money you will find anywhere......especially for us die hard fans.....and this is NOTHING compared to what prices will be if and when we make the move to the FBS level.....I better not hear one "FBS moving up fan" complain about these prices......time to start saving those pennies......

GATA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gataman View Post
    I better not hear one "FBS moving up fan" complain about these prices......
    Waiting with baited breath on this one

I agree that now is the best time to hike our VERY low parking fees. Great season this past year, great class signing, and an expansion on the horizon.

Are the levels for the Eagle Fund changing as well?

An increase in parking prices is GREAT news! No reason to weep!

It's about time, now they need to either raise single game tickets or lower season tickets. Obviously it is smarter to raise single game tickets. Just doing that by $5 makes season tickets at their current rate a much better economic idea. Plus, bring in more money for the school! The fact that with the Eagle Fund you can pay in monthly installments makes this not that big of a deal. The hardest part is having to pay one lump sum at one time.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

at citidal 15 dollars a game, we've passed them by.

10. Default Re: Football Parking Increases - Read It & Weep

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i'm not trying to be a wize guy, but if someday we want to play with the bigboys we going to have to pay what the bigboys pay.
    I disagree...we were low even for an elite FCS team, let alone comparing to an FBS team. I think this is not a ridiculous increase.