TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

1. Default Re: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

Ben is trying to develop a good rivalry between the GSU's. Ga State has no rivals which they desperately need. I would like us to play them if it could lead to both schools playing in the same FBS conference.

Wouldn't be surprised if Keel and Ga State's AD discussed FBS and potentially a FBS CAA.
    “Not a young man who played for Erk Russell…won’t tell his children and grandchildren something he learned from this great man. It was like that with Knute Rockne and Bear Bryant” - Keith Jackson

2. Default Re: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

That guy is desperate to find a rivalry ... he's published a number of ridiculous stories and I'm sure he reads this site 10x a day

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Y'all should change your mascot from Eagles to Gamecocks, because y'all are chicken Seriously, we have more risk playing Clark Atlanta then y'all have playing us. What does that say to recruits when your President and your AD are seen to be afraid to play an in state FCS team. I'd put that Levrick quote on the Stadium board every time a joint recruit came on official visit.
    What date do you want? 2016? Cause I'm pretty sure we've got plenty of better OOC options for the next few years ... Savannah State's a more interesting opening game to me ... they're superior to Ga State anyway and they can bring more than 500 fans to Paulson. Now that I think about it, get your AD on trying to schedule them they might outnumber you at the Dome.
    Stacey Roach
    Class of 2001

Default Re: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

I'd much rather schedule FAMU in the Gator Bowl like the old days. At least when we destroyed them, the FAMU band was rockin'

Quote Originally Posted by NWGaEagle View Post
    That guy is desperate to find a rivalry ... he's published a number of ridiculous stories and I'm sure he reads this site 10x a day

What date do you want? 2016? Cause I'm pretty sure we've got plenty of better OOC options for the next few years ... Savannah State's a more interesting opening game to me ... they're superior to Ga State anyway and they can bring more than 500 fans to Paulson. Now that I think about it, get your AD on trying to schedule them they might outnumber you at the Dome.
    They played SSU in the dome last year.

http://www.sgasports.net/index.php?o...Itemid=1101612

If they can publish articles claiming what we are....I can write and publish them and claim what they are. That article ticked me off. Hopefully that returns the favor.

The only way a there's a game between us and State is if the game happens in the Dome and we split the take 50-50. There's no doubt in my mind that a Home-and-home with them would profit them much more than us.

I like how he talks about recruiting in our area when almost half of our class from this year came from the Atlanta area. They did not sign a single player that we offered. They only signed one that we offered last year, and he was a Hatcher recruit who ended up not even qualifying.

On our tight budget, I don't think we have the money to pay them to come play us.....oh wait, you mean they are FCS and we would not have to? Really? What kind of jack leg FCS school gets beat by Lambuth and USA? Hey GheySt, you got to ride the tilt-a-whirl before you are allowed to get on Space Mountain.

Dome would look like Spartanboro did....except without the homeless, crackaddicted, disease carrying scum hanging around outside of the stadium. At least Gibbs has nice surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernM.D. View Post
    Make the playoffs; we'll be there. Problem solved.
    Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Y'all should change your mascot from Eagles to Gamecocks, because y'all are chicken Seriously, we have more risk playing Clark Atlanta then y'all have playing us. What does that say to recruits when your President and your AD are seen to be afraid to play an in state FCS team. I'd put that Levrick quote on the Stadium board every time a joint recruit came on official visit.
    We gain nothing from playing you. Our fanbase is most concerned with the playoffs, not our rivalry games. You would not count, so beating you by 50 would be as pointless as inviting Statesboro High for a scrimmage. Secondly, y'all seem to want a home-and-home. Why would we give up another home sellout game to a startup? Face it, your team is currently a nobody is the FCS world. So screaming about Panther greatness is just laugh out loud funny. Bottom line is your school should step in line and not use your delusions of grandeur when negotiating.