TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

Default Re: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

I couldn't help but laugh at this, if only to keep from getting angry.

I'll remember this...when, you know, we're making another deep playoff run and our friends at Georgia State are still saying, "You see! You see! They're afraid of us!" They seem to not realize that if we play them in the Dome, the place will have to be renamed the Eagle Dome, so many of our fans will be there!

2. Default Re: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

I lol'd at this when I read it, enough said

Please OH PLEASE don't schedule a game at the Ga Dome for Georgia Southern!!!! I'd HATE for you to through me into that BRIAR PATCH!!

I'm getting to the point that I wish we would go ahead and schedule a game there this year. We'd show up with 5X's as many fans, and beat them by 45 points. I know there is no way to make it happen, but it would shut up there 43 fans for good.

Dude really doesn't get it, though. There is no way we play them unless they come to Paulson and pay their dues first. And until they are a legit Div I team, there is no reason to validate them. They aren't even a true DIV I team yet.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Parents of the good kids that go to Georgia Southern wouldn't want their kids to get near that syphillis-infested, super-sized crack house called the Georgia Dome. The game would have to be in Statesboro and several 55 gallon drums of sanitizer would have to be used if the 5 or so fans actually make their way to Paulson. He's a hint for you hygeine challenged panther fans: MARTA doesn't come to Statesboro.

Before the Panthers began, Southern was the third banana behind Georgia and Georgia Tech, and they were okay with that. Now, Georgia State plays in the Georgia Dome and has a student populous that is projected to reach 40,000 by the end of 2015 and has people in place who are now serious about athletics.
    Wow. So States thinks they are pushing it up there with UGA and Tech because they are a 2nd year program and MIGHT reach 40,000 students in 4 years? Oh, and because they rent out the GA Dome and call it home. Didn't know that student population or 'rented' facilities determined your football program.

And WTF is a third banana???

There is so much to respond to in this DUMB article. After this, State can no longer call us "trolls" over on CatWhisper. We don't post BOGUS S*** outside of the forums. This article was just begging for the exact kind of response that it got.

Just damn...

6. Default Re: "Georgia Southern Football Scared to Schedule Georgia State"

You know what is sad- the guy who wrote this article is apparently the owner of the GSU message boards. Also, he is a JOURNALISM graduate of GA St. This speaks volumes of their journalism program. Also, he was the Media Relations and Communications Director of club football which was the precursor to the real football team.

So while it would be reasonable to assume that this guy would be writing legitimate articles, he is nothing more than a hack. And a libelous hack at that.

Also, I will be informing the folks at Student Media who I'm good friends with about the theft of intellectual property. Ben linked a George-Anne story that is copyrighted without GSU StuMed permission. Something like this happened today with a picture being stolen from Student Media without permission. It was correctly very quickly. They aren't playing.

I feel the need to move swiftly on this due to the fact that some people who don't know the full situation might read his article and believe what is said.

I will keep you guys updated. Hail Southern!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueandwhitefightfight View Post
    Also, I will be informing the folks at Student Media who I'm good friends with about the theft of intellectual property. Ben linked a George-Anne story that is copyrighted without GSU StuMed permission. Something like this happened today with a picture being stolen from Student Media without permission. It was correctly very quickly. They aren't playing.
    I hope it's because the photo wasn't sourced correctly. Something posted on an internet article is in the public domain, and under the Fair Use Act can be used for opinion or commentary (as long as it's properly sourced) without consent of the owner of the image.

I did some research into Fair Use policy not too long ago because a picture of me ended up in a political campaign add and I was not happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    And WTF is a third banana???
    I think it's some sort of abnormal growth that Crackheads aspire to gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

How awesome would be it be if we outbid GaState for the Dome the weekend of our game and made them play as the "away" team.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    How awesome would be it be if we outbid GaState for the Dome the weekend of our game and made them play as the "away" team.
    We'd get the gate revenue as well. I don't mind playing them, they just have to come to Paulson whenever they want to do it. We're Georgia ****ing Southern. We paid our dues by going on the road to play anybody, anytime. We've earned the right to never have to travel to an upstart/transitional team.

We'd sell out their stadium with them hosting, there's no reason for us to put that much money in the pockets of Ga State from us packing out the Dome.