TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: JSU Stadium Expansion

Lightbulb JSU Stadium Expansion

http://www.jsu.edu/news/Stadium-Living.pdf

Pretty nice. If JSU can do it so can we.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

2. Default

Is that really a dorm connected to the stadium and if so, why would you do that?
    Chris Butler
    Athletic Foundation Member Since 2004
    Georgia Southern Class of '04 & '08

No institution can be truly great until it is rooted in the fine traditions of the past.
    -President Guy Wells, December 12th, 1932

I think it is a good idea...A great idea would be to build condo's...expensive condo's

Destin - seriously? expensive and Statesboro don't go in the same sentence. What is the average income in town?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Well...expensive by Statesboro standards (not Atlanta or Savannah).

Last year I was invited to an Alabama game (I am not trying to compare our program to the Tide)...the guy who invited me had a condo accross the street from the stadium and, I kid you not, was built exactly like a beach front condo except the view is the Stadium...this particular building did not allow the units to be rented (tough sell)...some were occupied by students with wealthy parents and many were used as game day retreats...my friend said he bought it as a presale, his is a one bedroom and they stay there for every home game weekend and then maybe another 10 or 12 weekends a year...he plans on retiring in a few years and then anticipates that he will spend 1/3 of the year there...says he just loves being around all of the activities on campus.

I just thought it was neat idea...I am a big fan of mixed use and new-urbanism...for instance, I love the new dorms accross from Landrum...with shops and eating establishments...like it or not the University is in the Real Estate business...they should make the best of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinEagle View Post
    Well...expensive by Statesboro standards (not Atlanta or Savannah)
    Ok well that makes a lot more sense. When you said expensive I was thinking million dollar range. The current layout of campus/Paulson wouldn't allow that, unless you tore down Willow Bend, or whatever it's called, and built new condos there.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I alway thought if GSU does move up and we get to median size FBS crowds those older apartments adjacent to Sherwood Forest would be good candidates for wealthy alumni to snag for game days.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerGSU View Post
    Is that really a dorm connected to the stadium and if so, why would you do that?
    by making it a dorm it allows the project to be state funded even though it is for athletics.

Alabama a & m 's stadium has "physical education facility" on the side of the stadium which would tell me the state funded all or part of their very nice stadium facility.

Default University is in the Real Estate business

I was thinking about my earlier comments thatthe school was in the Real Estate business...and I got to thinking about Georgia Tech...Tech bought up huge chunks of real estate in midtown Atlanta when you couldn't give it away...that area of town was a scary place...now in the last few years they (the school) has developed and/or built a Hotel, Conference Center, Office Buildings and retail establishments.

I justthink it is time to get creative and make some unique plans for the long term future...and while football and winning are popular drivers...I do think that what Ole Miss has done is quite unique...they are located in the middle of nowhere, they have always had a horrible football team...and they have managed to make the Grove a "Must Not Miss" event each home game...there battle cry "we may not win alot of football games...but we have never lost a party"

I've been thinkin about a stadium expansion, and i personally think we should keep the hills at paulson and put some seating behind the hill with access to the hills still. the hills at paulson go hand in hand with GSU football.