TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

Default Young UK basketball team in Final Four

For those not keeping score at home. UKs top three scores this season were Freshman. Number 4 and 5 were Juniors. They have only ten players listed on there roster. 5 freshman, 1 so, 3 jrs and 1 seniors. That is pretty close to the same numbers that we had this season.
    ???????????

Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

How many of those freshman are NBA caliber players? How many of GSU's players are NBA caliber?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    How many of those freshman are NBA caliber players? How many of GSU's players are NBA caliber?
    How many times did we play an SEC schedule and then Princeton, WVU, Ohio St, and UNC in the tournament?

The NBA caliber players is the weakest excuse ever. You can't exactly just disregard the fact that those NBA caliber players are also playing against NBA caliber players every night. It's all relative. Kentucky plays Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Vanderbilt and several big time schools non conference. We play Charleston, Wofford, UTC, WCU and Furman. Out of those 5 teams this year there was MAYBE 1 guy who had NBA potential.

If people were upset that Kentucky is in the Final Four and not us then the NBA caliber player thing is a very legit reason. But I think the point is that you can win with freshmen in college basketball. If Kentucky can win the SEC with freshmen then we should be able to compete for the SoCon with freshmen. If Kentucky can go to the Final Four with freshmen then we should be able to beat 3 D-1 teams with freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    How many times did we play an SEC schedule and then Princeton, WVU, Ohio St, and UNC in the tournament?

The NBA caliber players is the weakest excuse ever. You can't exactly just disregard the fact that those NBA caliber players are also playing against NBA caliber players every night. It's all relative. Kentucky plays Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Vanderbilt and several big time schools non conference. We play Charleston, Wofford, UTC, WCU and Furman. Out of those 5 teams this year there was MAYBE 1 guy who had NBA potential.

If people were upset that Kentucky is in the Final Four and not us then the NBA caliber player thing is a very legit reason. But I think the point is that you can win with freshmen in college basketball. If Kentucky can win the SEC with freshmen then we should be able to compete for the SoCon with freshmen. If Kentucky can go to the Final Four with freshmen then we should be able to beat 3 D-1 teams with freshmen.

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post

did someone say mcdonalds, comparing kentucky's hoop program to any socon team just doesnt make much sense imo, now if your hinting that cy stinks as a hoop coach and should have won alot more games this season, than just come out and say it, your posts are starting to sound like bluebloods sunbelt posts. speaking of the dance, are vcu for real, i didnt watch any of their games.

Yeah...and if Michigan could dominate with the Fab 5 so why can't we dominate the SOCON with our mediocre freshman players!!?

And didn't Syracuse win the national title a few years back with a Freshman Carmello Anthony!? We've got WAYYYY more than one freshman! We should at least be able to win the SOCON!

And geez louise!!! VCU has a light-skinned black coach and they're in the final 4!!! We should at least be able to finish top 3 in the SOCON with a coach as black as CY!

Did you see Wofford!? Did you see what they accomplished!? They've only got like 7 students at their school!!! How are we not dominating!? We've got like 20k at GSU!!!

FIRE EVERYBODY (ANGRY)! aaaaahhhhh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    did someone say mcdonalds, comparing kentucky's hoop program to any socon team just doesnt make much sense imo
    Mcdonalds? You lost me there. I agree though that anybody who compares Kentucky's program to a socon team doesn't make sense. That was kind of my point. Kentucky nor the teams that they play against can be compared to the Socon. They are all better.

now if your hinting that cy stinks as a hoop coach and should have won alot more games this season, than just come out and say it, your posts are starting to sound like bluebloods sunbelt posts. speaking of the dance, are vcu for real, i didnt watch any of their games.
    Come out and say it? I've said it several times. Right now CY stinks as a head coach. And yes, we should have won a lot more games this season. I didn't think either one of those were a big secret. I also don't think I've hidden the fact that I'm not ready to give up on him yet either though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yeah...and if Michigan could dominate with the Fab 5 why can't we dominate the SOCON with our mediocre freshman players!!?
    Mediocre freshmen players? Ha. Now that's a new one. So our recruiting class that was so awesome a year ago now stinks. That's the problem.

Where's Kentucky without that lone senior Harrelson?

did someone say mcdonalds, comparing kentucky's hoop program to any socon team just doesnt make much sense imo, now if your hinting that cy stinks as a hoop coach and should have won alot more games this season, than just come out and say it, your posts are starting to sound like bluebloods sunbelt posts. speaking of the dance, are vcu for real, i didnt watch any of their games.
    ...are the for real?

...they're in the Final 4...how much realer does it get?