TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 111

Thread: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,222

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    But what's the argument if Kentucky got our class and we got Kentucky's class??
    Not sure what you mean.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,563

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Not sure what you mean.
    We get Jones, Lamb, and Knight. They get our recruiting class..

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,222

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    11th seed, are they for real, what kind of game do they play, do they have a solid bigman, are they guard oriented(3 guard offense)? Sorry Buzz if I sounded stupid, just havent watched them play, too busy playing golf to be sitting in front of a tv all day.
    They have a very solid big man and 3 guys who shoot the ball VERY well. They have made 53 3's in their 5 tourney games.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,222

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    We get Jones, Lamb, and Knight. They get our recruiting class..
    Ummm....then we shouldn't lose a SoCon game and should make a tournament run while they should have a rough season. Not sure what your point is here.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Nobody's really saying you can't win with freshman. It's been happening for a few years now with Memphis, UK, and this year's UK. But what's the argument if Kentucky got our class and we got Kentucky's class??
    Whats the argument if we had Kentucky's coach and Kentucky had ours?

  6. #26

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    My point is nothing other than the same one I have made all year....the BS excuse that you can't win with freshmen is nothing but a BS excuse.
    That was the point of the tread..... nothing more nothing less

  7. #27

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Why don't you two just say what you mean instead of beating around the bush like women do?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,563

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Ummm....then we shouldn't lose a SoCon game and should make a tournament run while they should have a rough season. Not sure what your point is here.
    And that's what happened. You can win with freshman, depending on who they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Whats the argument if we had Kentucky's coach and Kentucky had ours?
    We KNOW what we're getting and we can claim we're getting a winner. They'd be NOT SURE what they're getting. It's exactly where both programs are..

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    27,222

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    And that's what happened. You can win with freshman, depending on who they are.
    Wow...this was the worst argument I have seen yet. Unfortunately we weren't playing an SEC schedule so your point is worthless.

    Kentucky did what they had the potential to do with their freshmen. We didn't.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,563

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Wow...this was the worst argument I have seen yet. Unfortunately we weren't playing an SEC schedule so your point is worthless.

    Kentucky did what they had the potential to do with their freshmen. We didn't.
    When your freshman are absolute LOCKS to go onto the league your better had very well have a good season!!

    UK 'ESPN RATINGS'

    Knight -97
    Jones - 97
    Lamb - 95
    Vargas-95
    Poole-94
    Polson-72

    GSU:
    Hewitt-92
    Ferguson-89
    Baynham-86
    Bussey-86
    Mike-79

    UK includes 3 Mcdonalds AA, Top 100 players in the nation.

    I'm saying there's a major difference and having a stellar class at the national level and mid major level. There's no comparison.
    In the top Mid-Major recruiting class article on GSU it didn't say these are guys that matchup against the likes of UK's or any other programs class and should easily play with anyone in the country. No, we got a steal or 2 who are probably gonna be outstanding SOCON players.

Similar Threads

  1. Young looking to turn around GSU basketball program
    By GSU25+yrFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th November 2009, 07:11 AM
  2. Young team
    By EAGLES35 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25th October 2009, 06:22 PM
  3. Lets Quit Being So Critical Of Our Young Team And Coaches
    By Soaring Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 15th October 2009, 01:58 PM
  4. The 'young team' excuse IS legitimate
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 29th September 2008, 10:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •