TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111

Thread: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,780

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    When your freshman are absolute LOCKS to go onto the league your better had very well have a good season!!

    UK 'ESPN RATINGS'

    Knight -97
    Jones - 97
    Lamb - 95
    Vargas-95
    Poole-94
    Polson-72

    GSU:
    Hewitt-92
    Ferguson-89
    Baynham-86
    Bussey-86
    Mike-79

    UK includes 3 Mcdonalds AA, Top 100 players in the nation.

    I'm saying there's a major difference and having a stellar class at the national level and mid major level. There's no comparison.
    In the top Mid-Major recruiting class article on GSU it didn't say these are guys that matchup against the likes of UK's or any other programs class and should easily play with anyone in the country. No, we got a steal or 2 who are probably gonna be outstanding SOCON players.
    You don't get what we are saying.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,450

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You don't get what we are saying.
    Maybe I'm not. .

  3. #33

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    I think EVERYONE gets what you're saying - that you think CY inhales vigorously. There's nothing wrong with that opinion.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

    The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,780

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Maybe I'm not. .
    Nobody is upset that Kentucky is in the Final Four and we aren't.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,450

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Nobody is upset that Kentucky is in the Final Four and we aren't.
    That wasn't my argument. My argument is the counter to your argument, as it seems, that it shouldn't be this difficult to win with freshman when they're touted so 'highly'

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,780

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    That wasn't my argument. My argument is the counter to your argument, as it seems, that it shouldn't be this difficult to win with freshman when they're touted so 'highly'
    My argument is that it's possible to win with freshmen. It's really that simple.

    I'm not saying that it's easy to win with freshmen. I'm not saying that our freshmen should be in the Final Four. I'm not saying that our freshmen are as good as UK's freshmen.

    I'm simply saying that it's possible to win with freshmen. Anybody that wants to argue against that is simply wrong.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,780

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11079/1133318-144.stm

    "But if the choice is talent or experience, I'm taking talent. Then you can blame me for us not winning. But I'm taking talent, that's just how I've been throughout my career. I'd rather have that than experience."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,450

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    Nobody's really saying you can't win with freshman. It's been happening for a few years now with Memphis, UK, and this year's UK. But what's the argument if Kentucky got our class and we got Kentucky's class??
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    My argument is that it's possible to win with freshmen. It's really that simple.

    I'm not saying that it's easy to win with freshmen. I'm not saying that our freshmen should be in the Final Four. I'm not saying that our freshmen are as good as UK's freshmen.

    I'm simply saying that it's possible to win with freshmen. Anybody that wants to argue against that is simply wrong.
    OK.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,780

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by BossDev/Eagle View Post
    OK.
    There have been PLENTY of people throughout the year who have said that you can't win with freshmen.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Statesboro, Ga
    Posts
    1,450

    Default Re: Young UK basketball team in Final Four

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    There have been PLENTY of people throughout the year who have said that you can't win with freshmen.
    Alright, I'm certainly not one of those people. If any says you can't win with freshman they haven't been watching must college basketball the last few years. it's certainly possible.

Similar Threads

  1. Young looking to turn around GSU basketball program
    By GSU25+yrFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th November 2009, 07:11 AM
  2. Young team
    By EAGLES35 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25th October 2009, 06:22 PM
  3. Lets Quit Being So Critical Of Our Young Team And Coaches
    By Soaring Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 15th October 2009, 01:58 PM
  4. The 'young team' excuse IS legitimate
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 29th September 2008, 10:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •