TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Huge series for baseball this weekend.

1. Default Huge series for baseball this weekend.

Elon sits at #27 in RPI and we are at #82. If we have any chance and I mean any chance at an at-large it is a must that we take the series vs. Elon this weekend.

Winning 2 of 3 from them probably moves our RPI into the 55-65 range, and that gives us some hope.

Of course winning this series puts us in 1st place in the SoCon standings. Other than Elon it is very possible the only way the SoCon gets 2 teams in this year is if someone other than Elon wins the tourney, and I like our chances as a #1 seed better than a #2 seed.

By the way I have seen 3 different projections for the NCAAs in baseball and all of them have only 1 SoCon team making the field at this point. All project Elon as the SoCon autobid with no at-larges for the SoCon this year.

All that being said we need in the worst way to at least win 2 of 3 this weekend.

Default Re: Huge series for baseball this weekend.

+1

We need the sweep! I dont care how or by how much, just the sweep. That way there will be no questions.

ESPN has us as one of the last five in, in da ATL against Yech, the School to the North and Indiana:

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/...r-bracketology

I'm honestly a bit surprised at this point, but maybe they're thinking regardless of the Elon series, we'll handle or biz against the bottom feeders the rest of the way.

Baseball America has us last 4 out:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...t-week-nine-2/

5. Default Re: Huge series for baseball this weekend.

You know what's really cool about the way NCAA baseball conducts it's tournament? The fact that no conference plays in the same regional twice. They do a great job of mixing it up with a couple of big schools and a couple of mid majors in the regionals. They also did pretty well with the proximity and travel factor.

Also fun to note- Ga. St. and Kennesaw are nowhere to be found in this projection.

I'll be out there cheering for our Eagles for at least one game, if not all!