TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Football Facility

Default Re: New Football Facility

Quote Originally Posted by CJEaglefan View Post
    Let's not get the cart before the horse . Ground breaking will happen only after the first four million of the ten million to complete the project is raised . Additional seating will be done with different funds . Additional seats on both ends and both sides first ( gone will be the hills) . Then a deck on the student side with boxes or reserved seating underneath .
    According to more than one person that works in this field, we are going to deck before we do anything else.

2. Default Re: New Football Facility

The whole interview is good, but athletics start around 6:30.

http://www.wtoc.com/global/category....clipId=5795138

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/videoplayer.js?rnd=864751;hostDomain=www.wtoc.com; playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;c lipId=5795138;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;ad vertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandi ngPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDs cript;controlsType=overlay"></script>
    Last edited by BoroNative; 27th April 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Looking at the Louisville Endzone building I now can appreciate the design drawings that I've seen. Initially I was a bit disapointed with the rounded nature or curvature of the building. Seeing the Louisville building it appears to be a square peg in a round hole. Our design would look MUCH better in that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Nice Press Box too.

Who I am, WinderEagleFan87. Born in Athens and raised on the Dawgs, from Winder, GA. A Born Again Georgia Southern Eagles Fan since 1987. Truly, a DawgGoneEagle, GATA !
    Twitter: @DawgGoneEagle

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post
    Looking at the Louisville Endzone building I now can appreciate the design drawings that I've seen. Initially I was a bit disapointed with the rounded nature or curvature of the building. Seeing the Louisville building it appears to be a square peg in a round hole. Our design would look MUCH better in that stadium.

According to Hank Johnson, this stadium will most likely tip over due to the heavy side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by feardaeagle View Post
    According to Hank Johnson, this stadium will most likely tip over due to the heavy side of it.
    Nah, the stadium is attached to the ground.

It's not like it's an island or anything.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by feardaeagle View Post
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    According to more than one person that works in this field, we are going to deck before we do anything else.
    Wouldn't put too much stock in that.

For starters, building on the ground is likely less costly, unless we go the tinker-toy aluminum decking route (I hope not, but who knows).

Second, while seats beyond goal line are farther away from opposite end action, they are in closer proximity to the field itself. Some might say those are better seats to have and it would also make sense to expand outward first before you get into decking anything, that way when you deck you have the full lower bowl footprint already established.

Just my $0.02 ... nothing 'in the know' intended.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post

The renderings and floor plans I've seen(the ones Keel is showing) are of a squared building, not curved.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleBlood View Post
    The renderings and floor plans I've seen(the ones Keel is showing) are of a squared building, not curved.
    The original poster might have been referring to the curved central portion, or arched look of the integrated scoreboard relative to the building. As noted before, the schematic that Dr. Keel has shown in his presentation is not a square building, but actually rectangular with additional offsets. The Louisville endzone building is very similar in footprint, save the outermost offsets.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.