TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Football Facility

Default Re: New Football Facility

Sure hope there is a new sound system coming from that new scoreboard......

GATA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    The original poster might have been referring to the curved central portion, or arched look of the integrated scoreboard relative to the building. As noted before, the schematic that Dr. Keel has shown in his presentation is not a square building, but actually rectangular with additional offsets. The Louisville endzone building is very similar in footprint, save the outermost offsets.
    I meant squared as in not rounded or curved. The foundation has no curvature in it. Yes, the building is rectangular with squared walls. No curved walls.

Curving a deck or building adds a lot of costs to the project.

When Troy University built their press box/suites/clubs building on top of their curved home stands, they went against the architects designs and took the curve out. Saved them over $1Million. Y going with straight lines instead of following the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    Curving a deck or building adds a lot of costs to the project.

When Troy University built their press box/suites/clubs building on top of their curved home stands, they went against the architects designs and took the curve out. Saved them over $1Million. Y going with straight lines instead of following the curve.

Makes sense.

Also decreases seating unless you scrunch seats closer, unless you simply extend out farther.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Curves are for women. This is football.
    May the enemies of Georgia Southern never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Makes sense.

Also decreases seating unless you scrunch seats closer, unless you simply extend out farther.
    That is one problem Troy doesn't have.

I'm not making reference to the footprint. I'm simply pointing out that the building seems to have more of a contemporary look. The center arches are angled outward and the edges of the building do not seem to be squared but angled. This to me seems to fit better in an oval than box would.

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Not complaining but if we do build a building of this size and do not add any additional seating the stadium is going to look way out of whack with two large buildings at each end zone and 15,000 seats.
    The stadium currently has 18000 seats. If seats are put in the end-zone before doing the upper desks( as phase two plans are supposed to go), this will alienate a large group of fans that have been paying full price for grass seats. It used to be grass seating was cheaper than an aluminum bleacher seats. Now it is the same price, and a large group of fans prefer the grass seating still. Taking away grass seating before doing the upper decks would be a big mistake to ticket sales. We don't have anyone on staff now that has the sales ability in their whole body that Dr. Bucky Wagoner has in his index fingernail, so how would you expect them to sell end-zone seats.

Picture This:

"Sir that will be $50 per seat per game for a 40 yard line seat in the Zaxby's side upper deck( where our wait staff will come to your seat and take your Zaxby orders all through the game) or would you prefer 30 yard line on the Chic Fil A side upper desk at $40 per seat per game(The Chick fil A concession stand will available to you through Portal C)." This would be easier to sell by our current crew than "Sir I know you been paying bleacher prices for grass seating for the last 10 years, yet we are putting bleacher seat in anyway and do away with the grass seating tradition and you can wait in line for high school football game food at a college football game."

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyeller View Post
    I'm not making reference to the footprint. I'm simply pointing out that the building seems to have more of a contemporary look. The center arches are angled outward and the edges of the building do not seem to be squared but angled. This to me seems to fit better in an oval than box would.
    10-4. I gotcha and agree.

10. Default Re: New Football Facility

One correction, we do not have 18,000 seats.