TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Epic Message Board War" Between State and Southern

Default Re: "Epic Message Board War" Between State and Southern

Hey UnrealGSU, did we ever welcome you to GSUfans.com? There is a reason your board is called PussTalk. The GSU was already taken by the more dominant of the two programs. Please remember your 6-5 place on this & the AGS board where you have been told that GSU has been allocated as the gold standard in FCS football.

GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Maybe State should change their name to Atlanta A&T. Then they could claim there is a movie about them!

Oh wait... Atlanta A&T had their own football stadium in the movie AND actually had fans in the stands.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

3. Default Re: "Epic Message Board War" Between State and Southern

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Hey UnrealGSU, did we ever welcome you to GSUfans.com? There is a reason your board is called PussTalk. The GSU was already taken by the more dominant of the two programs. Please remember your 6-5 place on this & the AGS board where you have been told that GSU has been allocated as the gold standard in FCS football.

Talon, just like your mascot, your place as the "3rd Program" in the State of Georgia is on the endangered list. Your administration's relenting of the GSU moniker is only the first sign.

I'm really glad that it says GA State in that fight song, cause that's definitely one time that I wouldn't want anyone to see or hear GSU and think of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Talon, just like your mascot, your place as the "3rd Program" in the State of Georgia is on the endangered list. Your administration's relenting of the GSU moniker is only the first sign.
    Good luck with that Unreal... you will always be looking up at us when it comes to football. Enjoy being a basement program in the CAA.

Coastal GA -- until I can back to Upstate

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Man, what a bunch of hyperbole. A four page thread is "Epic" ?

lol.
    I also find it funny, though not in the same way.

Suspect use of 'epic'might've been an attempt at making fun of messageboarders penchant for overstatement and making molehills into mountains -- after all, hyperbole runs rampant on the internet.
    Hell, eagleskins alone could put out more hype in one day than Madison Avenue could manage in a week.

And even if it weren't intentional, that's how I took it. After all, you got to admit there's something just a bit weird about guys who do sports messageboards.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue View Post

Suspect use of 'epic'might've been an attempt at making fun of messageboarders penchant for overstatement and making molehills into mountains -- after all, hyperbole runs rampant on the internet.
    Hell, eagleskins alone could put out more hype in one day than Madison Avenue could manage in a week.

And even if it weren't intentional, that's how I took it. After all, you got to admit there's something just a bit weird about guys who do sports messageboards.
    Totally bruh. This thread is totally gnarly to the epic power dude. Like full out avi and full on raylor. Epic to the epic degree!

The words "Epic" and "Georiga State" should never be used in the same sentence.

Well, unless you are saying things like "That cupcake party at GaState was EPIC last night!!", or "the amount of empty seats in the dome was epic!!"
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue View Post

Had that 'epic' tag been attributed on one of Tony Barnhart's blog pages, I'd see your point.

That said, it came from a beat writer's blog on the GaState Panther patrol, so four pages there probably is epic to them
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    FYI - the Bald Eagle isn't on the endangered species list. Good try though.