TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 151617

Thread: Curry scared to schedule GSU

Default Re: Curry scared to schedule GSU

At this point, Curry is probably scared to schedule GSSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    We'll see how many you take to Bama.
    Come back after this one son. It will not be the incredible butt woop'n you guys took from the Tide. That was terrible son. I mean terrible.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Yeah its a 1/4 the size of the Dome. I'm sure we could fill up a Pop Warner stadium too. I love the go kart dirt track in the background. Nice touch.
    Its obvious that you cant be honest and have a reasonable discussion about this. Bottom line is you are not averaging the amount of fans we are every week. Even if you were would it really matter? You may have a competitive program one day but right now you dont. Thats a fact. You have an area around you with aprox 5 mil people many who probably went to state. You should draw a decent number, but to come in here and start comparing state and us is rediculous. Right now there is no comparison. We have a pretty new program also only 30 years young, and we had no money. Many of our older alumni are retired teachers. We still have 6 titles under our belt and may get #7 this year. If you want to talk about the future of your program and how that looks then fine, I think you have a bright future, but dont come in here with pop warner crap and how your team is bigger and better than ours because it just aint so. Not at the moment anyway.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Its obvious that you cant be honest and have a reasonable discussion about this. Bottom line is you are not averaging the amount of fans we are every week. Even if you were would it really matter? You may have a competitive program one day but right now you dont. Thats a fact. You have an area around you with aprox 5 mil people many who probably went to state. You should draw a decent number, but to come in here and start comparing state and us is rediculous. Right now there is no comparison. We have a pretty new program also only 30 years young, and we had no money. Many of our older alumni are retired teachers. We still have 6 titles under our belt and may get #7 this year. If you want to talk about the future of your program and how that looks then fine, I think you have a bright future, but dont come in here with pop warner crap and how your team is bigger and better than ours because it just aint so. Not at the moment anyway.
    +1

State is trying to run before it learns to walk. And before it has learned to craw, it's telling Usain Bolt that he's slow.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Come back after this one son. It will not be the incredible butt woop'n you guys took from the Tide. That was terrible son. I mean terrible.
    Now you have gone and done it 1974, you have awoken THOR, GOD of WAR. Whoa be unto you and the horse you rode in on.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

I know I'm late reading this one, but the logic is flawed. Doesn't want to schedule the real GSU (6-time NC) because of a difficult conference. Well don't FBS teams inhale vigorously it up for non-conference in-state rivalries. Georgia schedule's Tech every year; Florida State and Florida, and even South Carolina and Clemson and those schools play "in the toughest conference in America." So dodging a natural rivalry of the two GSU's because of conference scheduling seems like you're really saying we would like you just don't want to get destroyed right now.
    "The best way to win a game is not to lose it." - Erk
    GATA

Delusion... a better example I cannot find than the pitiful fans of a second rate team (georgia state panthers) trying to claim a sham rivalry with the only true FCS Championship Team in the State (Georgia Southern Eagles) where none exists. A rivalry must first have history; Let us take a trip (albeit short) through your brief and storied history

victories for the wee panthers of 2010

Shorter, Campbell, Morehead St, Savannah St, North Carolina Central and closing out your victories with a stunning and dominating 23-17 victory over Lamar

and certainly we mustn't sell the 1-2 wee and pitiful 2011 ***** cats short

Their one victory in an impressive smacking down of Clark Atlanta but coming up SHORT against Old Dominion and Jacksonville ST with a combined score of 38-77

Really? REALLY?
    you got nuthin'