TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #19 JJ Wilcox

Default #19 JJ Wilcox

Was just rewatching the highlites and during McKinnon's kickoff return for a TD, JJ make a great block on the kicker (i think) at the 15. Granted all the kicker would have been able to do is possibly trip him up, but JJ twisted and turned to lay a shoulder into him to take him out. Great job!

http://statesboroherald.com/multimedia/3369/

Watch at the 2:57 mark.

Default Re: #19 JJ Wilcox

The block was unnecessary. Laron had passed the kicker when JJ laid into him. I think it was JJ's way of saying "in your face" and adding insult to injury. It was a nice hit, though.

Yea, if you call a "great" block one that should have been flagged and brought the TD back, sure. We caught a break there.
    "Officially" designated as the GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    Yea, if you call a "great" block one that should have been flagged and brought the TD back, sure. We caught a break there.
    There was nothing illegal about the block which is why there was no flag.

I, too, am interested to hear why someone would think it should be flagged.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    JJ made it in front of the player.

I have the same 'shot' in stills .... broken down frame by frame. Heck of an athletic move, at that speed, by J.J.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    The block was unnecessary. Laron had passed the kicker when JJ laid into him. I think it was JJ's way of saying "in your face" and adding insult to injury. It was a nice hit, though.
    which is why i said that all he would have been able to do is trip him up at best (and highly unlikely). and from the angle of the video, to me it hard to tell how far "passed" him he was.

JJ Wilcox is a winner and one of my favorite current players because you can see he works his azz off, plays hard, pays attention to and takes pride in the little things, and is 100% Eagle. I'd take 90 of him, you win big with guys like him.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    JJ Wilcox is a winner and one of my favorite current players because you can see he works his azz off, plays hard, pays attention to and takes pride in the little things, and is 100% Eagle. I'd take 90 of him, you win big with guys like him.
    A big +1

In that replay of the TD run by Scott did anyone else notice McKinnon blocking as well? Was he lined up back there with Laron during kickoffs (I couldnt ever tell with the Samford video coverage)?