TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaVelle Larry

1. Default LaVelle Larry

This guy was a big recruit last year. Did he red shirt? I dont remember hearing anything on him
    Class of 2001

He was still listed on the bottom of the roster I assume he was redshirted.
    Eagle Booster since 1993
    HailSouthern!

It seems that just about all of our most touted signees either didn't qualify or were kicked off the team. I would say Urbano and Dubose were our two best freshmen, but neither came with the accolades of Green or Larry or Watts or Darryl Walker. What could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskins View Post
    It seems that just about all of our most touted signees either didn't qualify or were kicked off the team. I would say Urbano and Dubose were are two best freshmen, but neither came with the accolades of Green or Larry or Watts or Darryl Walker. What could have been.

YES!!!!! We had players kicked off the team, but it was because they didn't follow the rules. You make it sound like Coach Hatcher just randomly chose players to kick off the team.

These young men must be held accountable for their actions. Did you ever consider that those who were highly recruited thought they may be to good to follow the rules.

Remember: A mind and their athletic ability is a terrible thing to waste on foolishness.
    Birds Fly in Flocks,<br />Eagles Soar Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post
    YES!!!!! We had players kicked off the team, but it was because they didn't follow the rules. You make it sound like Coach Hatcher just randomly chose players to kick off the team.

These young men must be held accountable for their actions. Did you ever consider that those who were highly recruited thought they may be to good to follow the rules.

Remember: A mind and their athletic ability is a terrible thing to waste on foolishness.
    Didn't say or imply that Hatcher kicked them off the team for no reason. I was just saying had everyone stayed on the up and up, what a great season and careers they could have had.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dash88 View Post
    He was still listed on the bottom of the roster I assume he was redshirted.
    Yeah, I saw his name still on the roster and other list. Hopefully he was redshirted and will be ready to contribute next year.
    Class of 2001

FWIW:

Best I remember Dakota Walker crossed the line last season and missed the Colorado game..

But look at his performance THIS past season...

Some young men respond well to discipline, as long as it's fair, and other's have ego's too large to accept correction..

Dakota stepped up and what a tremendous asset he was to our football program..

The three "prima donna's"that Coach Hatcher kicked off the team because of attitude this season? Good riddance to bad news.

Sometimes cutting a cancer out is the only way to keep it from spreading....

Just personal opinion,

Jesse
    Laus Deo

Quote Originally Posted by 01Eagle View Post
    Yeah, I saw his name still on the roster and other list. Hopefully he was redshirted and will be ready to contribute next year.
    He was redshirted. he could play on either side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Eagle View Post
    He was redshirted. he could play on either side of the ball.
    I'd love to see him get academics and football in order and become a dominant safety. From the film I saw, that's a definite possibility.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegus2 View Post

I think if anything it implies that Hatcher should take a little harder look at character while recruiting. Of course, with the shape we are in now we can't exactly cull SA's who might have a bad attitude. I would probably take bigger risks if I had to in order to get my team back up to competitive shape. I hope in the future though, we have less problems with this. maybe we just need to build a big enough base of talent so that we can turn away guys that
    don't appear to have the best attitude. Of course we may of just hit a string of bad luck with players like Watts and Baker.