TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: # 13 LB Darius Eubanks Sleeper

1. Default # 13 LB Darius Eubanks Sleeper

I have been watching Darius Eubanks #13 play since he signed with Georgia Southern. He has started every since his 1st game in a eagles uniform. I read an article from Coach Monken stating that Darius Eubanks is a sleeper that is not getting much recognition at all. Eubanks has a nose for the ball and he is a hard hitter. He has great size and speed. I think he will get a shot at the next level.

Not that I really know anything but to me it seems like he has been a 1/2 step slow because he has nagging injuries. I completely agree he is a player and has all the tools... I just don't think we've seen him full bore yet. I know he had some injury issues last season... kinda like Tinsley... Eubanks just seems to be holding back a hair. I'd love to see him fully unleashed.

Remind me, what year is he?
    Dyin' aint much of a livin, boy. - Josey Wales

Default Re: # 13 LB Darius Eubanks Sleeper

I saw him up close after a game this year and I couldn't believe how much bigger he had gotten since high school. My first thought was, wow I'd hate to get hit by him. He definitely has the size and speed to play at the next level at 220 and 4.5, and he's leading the team in tackles right now. I still think he would need an amazing year next year to get drafted, but somebody may give him a shot to make their team regardless. He's a good kid and will do well after college no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by SCV Camp Davis View Post
    Remind me, what year is he?
    Junior

Darius is a great kid from an outstanding family and was a bright spot in the 2009 season. He was a pretty big steal for Coach Hatcher's staff as Georgia Southern had to hold off some pretty big suiters that also wanted his services. I am glad we have maximized his skills.

I am a big Eubanks fan. I have gotten to know his family and they are wonderful people.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987