TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #3 Trent Richardson of Alabama

Default Re: #3 Trent Richardson of Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    What's more frightening is the idea that Saban might try to make a statement by opening things up and throwing the deep ball.

Richardson will run for lots of yards regardless. The difference between a respectable competition and a blowout lies in two things: 1) how mistake-free we play on offense 2) how often and how successfully Alabama breaks big plays in the passing game.
    Well, hopefully we get the option rolling on the corners like LSU did and we win the time of posession.

I don't Saban decides to open it up in the passing game. Saban's a smart coach and he knows what is his bread and butter. He'll stick with the run. I don't see him coming out and throwing the ball a hundred times with McCarren.
    "...you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet…"

--Erk Russell

We better 'move the chains'.....if this gets into a 3 and out day for us....it will be over very quick....

G.A.T.A.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gotsix?wedoandcounting View Post
    Well, hopefully we get the option rolling on the corners like LSU did and we win the time of posession.

I don't Saban decides to open it up in the passing game. Saban's a smart coach and he knows what is his bread and butter. He'll stick with the run. I don't see him coming out and throwing the ball a hundred times with McCarren.
    If he plays it close to the vest and we play (relatively) well on offense, we'll escape with pride intact.

If we have turnovers and penalties on offense, or if Alabama goes up top early and often, we won't.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    If he plays it close to the vest and we play (relatively) well on offense, we'll escape with pride intact.

If we have turnovers and penalties on offense, or if Alabama goes up top early and often, we won't.
    I don't see us committing a lot of penalties; if anything, I see the penalties coming from Bama.

I think this will mirror a lot of FBS teams we've played in the past. They come out a little sloppy and lethargic, thinking it's a cupcake game and a give me. We come out fired up and make some big plays and put them on their heels and surprised. Half time is a close score. Second half Bama comes out more focused with some adjustments and the real game begins.
    "...you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet…"

--Erk Russell

Second half Bama comes out more focused with some adjustments and the real game begins.
    I posted this in another thread....Alabama plays better in the 2nd half in just about every game. First half average score: 14.9-3.6. Second half average score: 19.6-3.2. They just wear you down and wait for you to make mistakes.

I don't see us committing a lot of penalties; if anything, I see the penalties coming from Bama.
    Don't hold your breath. Bama averages 4 penalties a game for 36 yards.

#3 is scary good..he's physical and runs hard and he's one of if not the best player in the country. But with that said I believe if we can stop the run, Alabama isn't going to blow us out by passing the ball. I've seen georgia southern play some really good teams before FSU, Auburn ex. we certianly have the ability to make some folks feel uneasy. If we can stop Alabama in their power run sets we will make this a game.
    Go Eagles!!

8. Default Re: #3 Trent Richardson of Alabama

They are so much bigger and faster, they will force us into more penalties.
    As to our original question, without looking this up, is Richardson from somewhere in Florida?

9. Default Re: #3 Trent Richardson of Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    #3 is scary good..he's physical and runs hard and he's one of if not the best player in the country. But with that said I believe if we can stop the run, Alabama isn't going to blow us out by passing the ball. I've seen georgia southern play some really good teams before FSU, Auburn ex. we certianly have the ability to make some folks feel uneasy. If we can stop Alabama in their power run sets we will make this a game.

Have you seen their running backs? Richardson is a bad dude. And his backup, the Lacey kid, is an absolute moose.
    We have problems with power teams on our level. Teams that run a lot of double tight, run a bunch of stretch and iso, and throw to the tight end have always given us fits. Alabama can do all 'at without breaking a sweat.

10. Default Re: #3 Trent Richardson of Alabama

Yes he is , can't remember the town , but google pulls him right up .