TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry

1. Default Sorry

Hey guys, I've been talking a lot of trash, but I just stumbled upon a little fact that makes me feel sorry for you folks.

As of the census<sup id="cite_ref-GR2_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup> estimates of 2007...the median income for a household in [Statesboro] was $19,016.

I didn't know you guys have it so bad. I'll actually be rooting for you on Saturday. You guys need the success more than we do. No wonder so many of you were telling us to come down to spend money. It also explains the Nattie Light reference. Good luck on Saturday guys!

2. Default Re: Sorry

The median income for a household in Orono was $30,619, and the median income for a family was $52,714. Ouch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orono,_Maine

Default Re: Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by midcoastmaine View Post
    Hey guys, I've been talking a lot of trash, but I just stumbled upon a little fact that makes me feel sorry for you folks.

As of the census<sup id="cite_ref-GR2_0-1" class="reference">[1]</sup> estimates of 2007...the median income for a household in [Statesboro] was $19,016.

I didn't know you guys have it so bad. I'll actually be rooting for you on Saturday. You guys need the success more than we do. No wonder so many of you were telling us to come down to spend money. It also explains the Nattie Light reference. Good luck on Saturday guys!
    Census count students living away from home for college in the city in which they attend school.

So 20,000 students, with maybe only 5,000 of them holding minimum wage jobs, will bring down the house hold income.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

It's a college town. The jobs are elsewhere in the state.
    May the enemies of Georgia Southern never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.

5. Default Re: Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Census count students living away from home for college in the city in which they attend school.

So 20,000 students, with maybe only 5,000 of them holding minimum wage jobs, will bring down the house hold income.
    Hey spin it however you want. What would you like in your food basket this Christmas? I'll be passing through Georgia on my way to Naples, FL for break. I'd be happy to help out the needy.

Hey spin it however you want. What would you like in your food basket this Christmas? I'll be passing through Georgia on my way to Naples, FL for break. I'd be happy to help out the needy.
    Bring all the Lobster you want.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

7. Default Re: Sorry

I'm going to talk to the Maine folk at the tailgate about setting up a toy drive. Midcoast can you let anyone coming down for the game know that for me? Nothing UMaine though. That just wouldn't be classy.

8. Default Re: Sorry

We really are charitable peoples.

Thanks for the offer. We'll be collecting plenty of yards, points, and a win from your team. That's all we need for Christmas.
    May the enemies of Georgia Southern never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching.

We really are charitable peoples.
    first time I have ever seen someone talk smack about income....pretty creative. I will put mine up against yours any day.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin