TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Will we get mentioned during the BCS Title Game?

Default Re: Will we get mentioned during the BCS Title Game?

Quote Originally Posted by gudp1 View Post
    Any of you guys watching ESPN now. there was a whole feature on UA's inability to stop the option. They first focused on LSU'S nearly 8 yards per carry against UA running the option.

Then they focused on UA's struggle with option against other teams. The only other team mentioned was gsu. The only other highlight was Gsu. "a good team but an FCS team nonetheless."

They then pointed out after the UA game LSU ran the option 38% of the time the rest of the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbostic218 View Post
    I was watch ESPN yesterday and we got a good mention from Todd McShay when they were talking about 'Bama vs LSU. They talked about how 'bama had trouble with our option and how well our linemen blocked down field and our a-back blocking. Then Chris Fowler made a stupid comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    just about to say this...Todd McShay declared "the option" as Alabama's weakness and showed about 20 seconds of GSU running a play...

There we go...ESPN has acknowledged the existence of our football program for a brief moment. Everybody feel important yet?
    Yes Buzz, That 2 minute segment is playing over and over. It is great PR and everbody with any sense does feel important. You might as well crawl up on the EAGLE Fanwagon and join us giddy Georgia Southern Fans!!
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue View Post
    And I'm not necessarily for or against FBS, Though if I had to choose I'd say no thanks.
    Then that would mean you are in the "against" column, sir. Funny.

And, since you opened that can of worms, I do think some of those who 'want the recognition of FBS status' are needy. Not all, just some. I could be wrong, of course, but it's an inference I draw from reading posts.
    Let's keep the can of worms open for a second, because I happen to think that some of those who are satisfied with FCS have low expectations and put their own self interests before the Universities'. Ain't that funny?

Some folks who go on and on about FBS and Baker and so on just come cross in posts like they're 'needy.' Wanting of attention, respect, validation, a hug, some direction, ground rules, a good beating every once in a while --- whatever they apparently didn't get enough of as a child.
    Could be that your opinion is due to the fact that you were beaten too much as a child? I don't know. I'm not a psychologist like you.
    Enjoy the mention on Monday. Make sure to set your DVR so you can replay it a few times. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    The most important step to building Georgia Southern University into what most here want to see is Endowment. With our current endowment, we will never be a BCS school with Harvard/MIT academics. Much of that is in the control of the alumni and fans, and that's where we can make the biggest impact. I happen to like when Georgia Southern is mentioned on national broadcasts with millions and millions of eyes and ears. What might be said in the context of this BCS Championship game can only be positive. As I travel the country on work (often in GSU apparel), I love having folks recognize the logo or name and acknowledge us. It opens the door for me to brag on the school and our athletic programs.
    This.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

For those that argued about whether we would get mentioned or not. Already mentioned on the pregame show

Did you see the young man in the Georgia Southern shirt in the front watching the BCS Countdown Show today? he was standing to the side of pollack and palmer. He looked really familiar......
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

I don't think we get mentioned during the game, too much else to talk about in the football world, with that said I wont be all that surprised if we do get a mention.

First mention of GSU but related to special teams td.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

They just mentioned us.

Yeah herbie said Bama had a TD kickoff return in the last two games against Auburn and Georgia Southern.

Not a great notice but many million people just heard our name, worse things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Yeah herbie said Bama had a TD kickoff return in the last two games against Auburn and Georgia Southern.

Not a great notice but many million people just heard our name, worse things have happened.
    Yeah, they could have said Georgia State lol, now that would have been terrible.