TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga. State to Big east in 2017 ?

Default Ga. State to Big east in 2017 ?

Per todays Blueblood's article, that may be the plan. We are getting left behind and I don't like it , at least they are working towards a goal. I know , SOS.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Say what you want about them. But they damn sure don't mind setting lofty goals and going after them.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Quote Originally Posted by kennesaweagle View Post
    Say what you want about them. But they damn sure don't mind setting lofty goals and going after them.
    Isn't that what we used to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GSUwinsagain View Post
    Per todays Blueblood's article, that may be the plan. We are getting left behind and I don't like it , at least they are working towards a goal. I know , SOS.
    My bet is that we'll know around 2011-2013 where we are headed. Which IMO will be FBS.

Edited to add also where in FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    My bet is that we'll know around 2011-2013 where we are headed. Which IMO will be FBS.
    well, we could wait and see what the study reveals or we could complain behind a computer. Many choose to do the latter for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by gsugt1 View Post
    Do you think it would be better to wait until then to decide where we are going, or what we are doing?

Or would it be better to announce after the study is complete that we have every intention on moving up, but we are waiting until we talk to different conferences to decide where we are going? And once the moratorium is done, we'll start the process of moving.

I have no idea. But tend to lean towards the second option just to get some new excitement around the program. Plus it would really help for fundraising.

I'd just really like to see something bold. Something that grabs some attention, rather than playing it safe.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Quote Originally Posted by kennesaweagle View Post
    Do you think it would be better to wait until then to decide where we are going, or what we are doing?

Or would it be better to announce after the study is complete that we have every intention on moving up, but we are waiting until we talk to different conferences to decide where we are going? And once the moratorium is done, we'll start the process of moving.

I have no idea. But tend to lean towards the second option just to get some new excitement around the program. Plus it would really help for fundraising.

I'd just really like to see something bold. Something that grabs some attention, rather than playing it safe.
    When the ban of teams moving up is lifted in 2011 we wil have a direction. Those in charge will have thier plan in place before this happen.

Once we have done the study and made a decision then various conferences I am sure would start "un-officially " contacting us.

As for Fund raising I agree . But I have an idea those who say they will give more won't for the most part. Where we could get more money would be new boosters.

I think once the study results are announced we will all have an idea of whats going to happen for the most part. Until then we are in a holding pattern.

I agree there is no sense bashing Sam or Grube about the FBS until the study is done and they announce their intentions. I have my opinion on how it is going to play out given that the faculty were the ones to push the study forward but until the study is over and the ban on moving up is lifted this issue is 100% speculation. What is not speculation is GA State is not looking to be a big fish in a stagnant small pond for very long. They have just as many positives as negatives but the lure of the ATL media market is a huge advantage that just might land them in a big conference in short time.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Have they even played a game yet? I dont think the big east is sitting around saying we need to get Georgia state in here in 10 years when they havent even got a damn team. We do well in the next 3 years or so and they may be talking about us but I would bet it aint Ga State.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Have they even played a game yet? I dont think the big east is sitting around saying we need to get Georgia state in here in 10 years when they havent even got a damn team. We do well in the next 3 years or so and they may be talking about us but I would bet it aint Ga State.
    Finally someone with some sense around here! People, Georgia State is going nowhere! They are not going D1 or to the Big East. I hear that Georgia Perimeter College is going to join the SEC in 2034, just kidding.
    We Must Protect this House!

Go Blue or Go Home!