TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howard Game in Jeopardy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Howard Game in Jeopardy

Start looking for a new opponent and pray there's enough time to find a FCS school. Although the Bison may be back in action sooner rather than later, I would want to initiate Plan B if I were you guys.

Howard University has suspended all of its intercollegiate athletics teams for what appears to be a violation of NCAA rules. University spokeswoman Kerry-Ann Hamilton issued this statement:

It is with great regret that we have temporarily suspended intercollegiate athletic competition. This is a self-imposed action while the University conducts a review. We are working quickly to resolve this issue.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...s-teams-games/
    ​@___Tribal___

Default Re: Howard Game in Jeopardy

That seems like an extreme and rash decision. I hope they get it resolved before November

The statement by Howard has been modified to suspending some spring athletes.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ies/54003358/1

Pretty nuts. Suspending all athletics teams- even worse than the SMU football death penalty. That would be unheard of if it were to hold up, which it appears it no longer is.

Howard is a pretty strong academic school not exactly known for signing any good player with a pulse. They typically get kicked around the MEAC. I doubt there are any problems serious enough that they'd suspend all sports for the year.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Howard Game in Jeopardy

The issue doesn't have to be players' grades. It could be anything from a coach not filing paper work to a staff member getting paid from the wrong account.

A DII game would hurt our playoff chances.

8. Cool Re: Howard Game in Jeopardy

Maybe we can played Sav St twice

Quote Originally Posted by greyfacemask View Post
    Maybe we can played Sav St twice
    I'm not suggesting we even consider doing this, but what is the rule about playing the same team twice in one season?
    "Once you are touched by these magnificent waters, you become the meanest s.o.b. to ever put on a uniform, and from then on, losing is the most disgusting thing that can ever happen." -Erk

Quote Originally Posted by InHonorOfErk View Post
    I'm not suggesting we even consider doing this, but what is the rule about playing the same team twice in one season?
    I believe UMass played UConn twice in the regular season in '98. Of course, that was a while ago.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.