TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howard Game in Jeopardy

1. Default Howard Game in Jeopardy

Start looking for a new opponent and pray there's enough time to find a FCS school. Although the Bison may be back in action sooner rather than later, I would want to initiate Plan B if I were you guys.

Howard University has suspended all of its intercollegiate athletics teams for what appears to be a violation of NCAA rules. University spokeswoman Kerry-Ann Hamilton issued this statement:

It is with great regret that we have temporarily suspended intercollegiate athletic competition. This is a self-imposed action while the University conducts a review. We are working quickly to resolve this issue.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...s-teams-games/
    ​@___Tribal___

Default Re: Howard Game in Jeopardy

That seems like an extreme and rash decision. I hope they get it resolved before November

The statement by Howard has been modified to suspending some spring athletes.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ies/54003358/1

Pretty nuts. Suspending all athletics teams- even worse than the SMU football death penalty. That would be unheard of if it were to hold up, which it appears it no longer is.

Howard is a pretty strong academic school not exactly known for signing any good player with a pulse. They typically get kicked around the MEAC. I doubt there are any problems serious enough that they'd suspend all sports for the year.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

6. Default Re: Howard Game in Jeopardy

The issue doesn't have to be players' grades. It could be anything from a coach not filing paper work to a staff member getting paid from the wrong account.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    The issue doesn't have to be players' grades. It could be anything from a coach not filing paper work to a staff member getting paid from the wrong account.
    This is all happening because student-athletes were given money for textbooks and they spent it on other things.

Should have had an account set up at their bookstore......doesn't give anyone the chance to not spend it on what is intended for.....

G.A.T.A.!!!

Tribal, what is W&M doing that weekend? Have them clear their schedule and come down to statesboro. k,thanks.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

10. Default Re: Howard Game in Jeopardy

Howard University officials have now released a clarifying statement: "Howard University is conducting an internal investigation of possible NCAA rules-violations. As a result of this process, the University temporarily withheld a number of student-athletes from competition as a self-imposed action. Most teams will compete as scheduled. We are working diligently to fully resolve this matter as quickly as possible. In order to protect the integrity of this review, we are unable to share additional details at this time."
    They might be playing a team full of walk-ons, but I'm sure they'll be here for our game.