TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Baseball vs. Bethune-Cookman

Default Baseball vs. Bethune-Cookman

It's the bottom of the 8th inning. 7-6 GSU, Chase Griffin just hit a solo pinch hit homerun to take the lead. Scooter Williams moved over to 2nd Base on a Tyler Avera SAC Bunt, one out now.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

Default Re: Baseball vs. Bethune-Cookman

2 out RBI for Michael Burruss gives the Eagles an 8-6 lead. Stryker Brown up.

In other news, St. Louis is holding a 3-0 lead over Miami going into the Bottom of the 5th for those who care.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA
    "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." --I Corinthians 13:11

Kyle Rowe pitches a 1-2-3 9th inning to pick up the save. Josh Stevenson picks up the win for pitching a scoreless 8th inning. Eagles Win! Eagles Win! 8-6 Final.
    Josiah McDaniel
    B.S. in Journalism, 2003
    Statesboro, GA

Nice win. With the toughest part of the schedule behind us now, we have a chance to go on a good run. A sweep against Davidson would go a long way towards getting back in the conference race.

Nice come back win. Should give us confidence going into Davidson. Need to win that series and get back in conference race.

Good win, hopefully they can pull out a sweep this weekend

We need a sweep. Let's keep this going. Afterall, if we make the conference tournament, nothing previous matters. Let's keep it rolling, hit that 30 win benchmark. Win the tournament, take a stab at things in the NCAA tournament.

It's ok to dream right? Believe!
    "Once you are touched by these magnificent waters, you become the meanest s.o.b. to ever put on a uniform, and from then on, losing is the most disgusting thing that can ever happen." -Erk

8. Default

I turned the radio on to check the game right when Chase came up to.bat. With aluminum, it's harder to "hear" a homer...but that hit...I was fully expecting to see a news report about vandalism at Harveys...that inhale vigorouslyer was gone!

9. Default Re: Baseball vs. Bethune-Cookman

The team looked really good tonight. Don't let the score fool you. They scored 4 in one inning, and those came on 2 errors and 2 hits, along with several walks. That was it.

The Griffin HR was awesome to watch. At the field, you could tell it was gone off the bat. It pretty much cleared the "batter's eye" screen in dead center.

Nice win. Need to keep the positive momentum going this weekend against an inferior team in Davidson. Even on our worst years we are better than they are and we should not lose to them but you'll never win them all in baseball. Even with that said, we are going to have to get some sweeps to get back into the contention for a top 4 seed. Heres to a shutdown Thursday night from Chris Beck.