TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 346 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 3452

Thread: When will we move up?

  1. #1

    Default When will we move up?

    So, it looks like its back to being a not if, but when question for us to move to FBS. So when do you think it will actually be with conference invite and all? Just curious.

    I'm optimistic about us actually announcing the move with conference invite in the next year (again optimistically). This would give us a playoff for next year, would show potential conferences what we are actually building, and allow us time to build before we are officially past the transition period. I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer though...

  2. #2

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Well, I don't think we'll get an invite this year (for the 2013 season) so I'm hoping we'll get one this time next year for the 2014 season.
    Last edited by Hail The Blue; 27th April 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

  3. #3

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    I'll add that from the tone of Monken and Keel's recent interviews it's sounding more like sooner rather than later.

    Can't wait to hear what Monken has to say tonight at the Sav Annual Eagle Club meeting.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

  4. Default Re: When will we move up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    I'll add that from the tone of Monken and Keel's recent interviews it's sounding more like sooner rather than later.

    Can't wait to hear what Monken has to say tonight at the Sav Annual Eagle Club meeting.
    In Monken's WTOC interview, he kept saying "we'll be doing such-and-such at the next level" and then catching himself and adding "if we were to receive an invite".

    So that sounds promising.

    I'm waiting for E22 to weigh in on this issue.

  5. #5

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    In Monken's WTOC interview, he kept saying "we'll be doing such-and-such at the next level" and then catching himself and adding "if we were to receive an invite".

    So that sounds promising.

    I'm waiting for E22 to weigh in on this issue.
    Gotta get that insider wingnut info.

    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

  6. #6

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    In Monken's WTOC interview, he kept saying "we'll be doing such-and-such at the next level" and then catching himself and adding "if we were to receive an invite".

    So that sounds promising.

    I'm waiting for E22 to weigh in on this issue.
    Sorry I didn't see your text from yesterday until this morning. My phone battery died and I had to get a new one this morning at the Verizon store.

    There are so many things in motion right now that it just is an interesting time. Whatever the timeline is, we have to mobilize the fanbase to get the support to materialize.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  7. #7

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Sorry I didn't see your text from yesterday until this morning. My phone battery died and I had to get a new one this morning at the Verizon store.

    There are so many things in motion right now that it just is an interesting time. Whatever the timeline is, we have to mobilize the fanbase to get the support to materialize.
    Sound like an aspiring politician with that answer

  8. #8

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Jax_Eagle View Post
    Sound like an aspiring politician with that answer
    If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve

    (unless it is the Alumni or Athletic board .....)
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  9. #9

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve

    (unless it is the Alumni or Athletic board .....)
    I nominate you for head chef!! You served up some great humble pie to GataErk after the Statesboro Harold article hit!
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

  10. #10

    Default Re: When will we move up?

    Panama and his Georgia State ilk will get their just desserts as well, I pray.

    You guys really need to lay off of their forum, and stop engaging them on the interwebs. That would drive them bat-s*** crazy.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





Similar Threads

  1. Why move up to BCS for this......
    By GSU36+yrFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th December 2011, 08:06 AM
  2. Move the BUS!
    By GSU#1 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th December 2010, 03:28 PM
  3. What It Will Take to Move Up
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 18th June 2010, 01:05 PM
  4. Help GSU move to FBS
    By The_Eagles_Cliff in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17th August 2009, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •