TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 346 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When will we move up?

Default Re: When will we move up?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    What I like is that Dr. Keel and Coach Monken are talking about FBS to anyone who will listen. There is no beating around the bush any more with them. Teams like Ga St. and UNCC like to talk about how we have no shot because of market and all of that crap, and maybe we weren't on the radar before now. However, I believe you can make things happen if you push hard enough and are convincing enough. And I don't think these guys are going to stop until the goals are achieved.
    Amen

2. Default Re: When will we move up?

Recap of the last few days:

UTSA is going to CUSA and UNT, FIU, and La Tech following. That takes CUSA to 12. UTEP will likely move to MWC, and be replaced by Charlotte (eventually).

The Sun Belt will need to add 3 teams to get to their desired 12. Texas State is next in line and should get an invite in the next few weeks.

Georgia Southern and App State are the next logical additions, but it seems that both schools want to wait another year. It seems like if we WANTED to move this year, we would have an invite, but I think we are wanting an extra year to raise money and do some additional prep work. As an added bonus, we get to go to the playoffs again this year. Any announcement made after June 1 would keep us eligible for the playoffs and have us entering the Sun Belt as a provisional member in 2014 and a full member in 2015.

This is pure speculation, but this leads me to believe that we will probably announce a move to the Sun Belt some time between June 2 and the start of the season. That lets us raise money with a confirmed invite, it keeps us on the same recruiting cycle as Ga State, and it keeps us eligible for the 2012 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

UTSA is going to CUSA and UNT, FIU, and La Tech following. That takes CUSA to 12. UTEP will likely move to MWC, and be replaced by Charlotte (eventually).

The Sun Belt will need to add 3 teams to get to their desired 12. Texas State is next in line and should get an invite in the next few weeks.

Georgia Southern and App State are the next logical additions, but it seems that both schools want to wait another year. It seems like if we WANTED to move this year, we would have an invite, but I think we are wanting an extra year to raise money and do some additional prep work. As an added bonus, we get to go to the playoffs again this year. Any announcement made after June 1 would keep us eligible for the playoffs and have us entering the Sun Belt as a provisional member in 2014 and a full member in 2015.

This is pure speculation, but this leads me to believe that we will probably announce a move to the Sun Belt some time between June 2 and the start of the season. That lets us raise money with a confirmed invite, it keeps us on the same recruiting cycle as Ga State, and it keeps us eligible for the 2012 playoffs.
    i'm ignorant to all this realignment, but this sounds about right to me. i hope it plays out like this, and look forward to continuing our rivalry with app, playing mtsu and troy, and starting a rivalry with that other team that just made the jump from GA.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

If the Sun Belt is the destination, I couldn't agree with you more. Clock starts ticking after June 1st..........

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Jax_Eagle View Post
    I will retire.....for now.
    So forgive me but I was like Farve and came out of retirement. I won't go over to Panther Talk anymore until we move to FBS. My retirement is official.....I think.

So forgive me but I was like Farve and came out of retirement. I won't go over to Panther Talk anymore until we move to FBS. My retirement is official.....I think.
    Holy cow, they don't like anyone associated with Southern on their board. Any attempt for civil discourse is met with the "your an inbred offensive" (straight fom tech/uga banter). Funny... Most I went to school with we're from inside or close to 285.

Take a look now. One guy on there is like........ I don't know. I wouldn't throw stones. They are sure are being vocal. I would rather not say anything in case it does happen because Southern fans will be insufferable.

At least one guy gets it.

Got 'em talking. They are posting savannah news articles etc. I think they are starting to sweat a bit knowing this is a real possibility.

They are so focused on May 25th no matter how many people bring up that nothing will happen by that date. It's so comical I keep getting inhale vigorouslyed back in. But I will stop for now.

8. Default Re: When will we move up?

Take a look now. One guy on there is like........ I don't know. I wouldn't throw stones. They are sure are being vocal. I would rather not say anything in case it does happen because Southern fans will be insufferable.

At least one guy gets it.

Got 'em talking. They are posting savannah news articles etc. I think they are starting to sweat a bit knowing this is a real possibility.

They are so focused on May 25th no matter how many people bring up that nothing will happen by that date. It's so comical I keep getting inhale vigorouslyed back in. But I will stop for now.
    I think it's funny that they're counting down to that date so that they can crow about us getting left behind.

Meanwhile, we're counting down to that same date so that we can (it would seem) make some sort of announcement.

GStateBen must have had his heart broken by some girl who went to Southern, he is hell bent on us not coming up.

He also tweeted last Wednesay about Benson mentioning he didn't want another FCS school, FBS only after State.

Then Texas State happened.

What a jack wagon.

10. Default Re: When will we move up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    GStateBen must have had his heart broken by some girl who went to Southern, he is hell bent on us not coming up.

He also tweeted last Wednesay about Benson mentioning he didn't want another FCS school, FBS only after State.

Then Texas State happened.

What a jack wagon.
    Ga State fans are pushing New Mexico State, JMU, ODU, and Lamar (LAMAR!!!). Anybody but us. They're scared ****less.