TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know if donations have increased since the announcment?

Default Does anyone know if donations have increased since the announcment?

Has there been a major uptick in donations since the Herald front page story a couple of weeks ago? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered in one of the numerous other threads about moving up, I just havent seen it. I figure one reason for finally coming out with these statements would be to kickstart the capital campaign, and I wonder if its worked that way. I know that many of you are "plugged in" or "insider wingnuts" so I thought you might know...

Default Re: Does anyone know if donations have increased since the announcment?

I know at least one person upped theirs.

Can't speak for anyone else though. We have enough wingnuts that I'm sure someone can get the information you're looking for.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Has there been a major uptick in donations since the Herald front page story a couple of weeks ago? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered in one of the numerous other threads about moving up, I just havent seen it. I figure one reason for finally coming out with these statements would be to kickstart the capital campaign, and I wonder if its worked that way. I know that many of you are "plugged in" or "insider wingnuts" so I thought you might know...
    I don't have any inside info, but I haven't been bumped down the ladder as far as the Eagle Fund is concerned. (And I'm not far up on the list, so any additions would likely be seen)

Ben's mom can check her sources on this

Probably still a little too early to tell.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    I don't have any inside info, but I haven't been bumped down the ladder as far as the Eagle Fund is concerned. (And I'm not far up on the list, so any additions would likely be seen)
    They aren't totaling up priority points until mid-June I believe.

As 1peat said, it's too early to tell. The timing of it is going to make it almost impossible to tell if the announcement did anything since it was made right in the middle of renewals anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    They aren't totaling up priority points until mid-June I believe.

As 1peat said, it's too early to tell. The timing of it is going to make it almost impossible to tell if the announcement did anything since it was made right in the middle of renewals anyways.
    The rank online is generally updated every night:

"** PLEASE NOTE: The priority points estimated here are accurate as of 05/08/2012 03:02:20 AM. Please be aware that the actual rank is generally updated nightly for all accounts, so the rank estimated here could change depending on the actions of your fellow donors. **"

"** PLEASE NOTE: The priority points estimated here are accurate as of 05/08/2012 03:02:20 AM. Please be aware that the actual rank is generally updated nightly for all accounts, so the rank estimated here could change depending on the actions of your fellow donors. **"
    Would you mind telling me where one would find the ranking again? Thanks!

But it may not be accurate. I've contacted The Eagle Fund office several times about the fact that my baseball season ticket purchase points are not showing up on my online account information. According to the Eagle Fund office, these points won't be added to my account until the points are totaled in Mid June--so end of June is when we can see an accurate picture of Eagle Fund membership.
    Cheryl S. Saxon
    C/O 1999 Building Construction & Contracting
    Statesboro, Georgia
    G.A.T.A.

Hmm...I was basing my statement off the Eagle Foundation newsletter:

2012 Renewals

Deadline for Eagle Fund donations and renewing football parking is May 31, 2012. Deadline for renewing football season tickets is June 1, 2012. Eagle Fund priority points will be calculated on June 15, 2012. Information regarding the Georgia Southern vs. Georgia football game will be mailed out May 15, 2012. Please get your donation payments in before May 31st to gain your priority points in time for this year's anticipated Georgia Southern vs. Georgia game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.