TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

  1. #41

    Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Now that we are FBS you will lose any ability to get consistent talent. All those recruits you used to steal and develop, we will steal and develop. When KSU comes, they will have a bigger budget and outgun your for recruits, not to mention Mercer who will steal away middle ga recruits who want to get a real education. Soon you will be squeezed out of big time athletics and when the realignment armageddon comes, you won't be in position and your nice little niche program will disappear for the second time.
    First of all buddy, your not FBS yet. That don't happen until 2013. You are still in the FCS until then and playing the bottom feeder role to the CAA and select junior colleges.

    Secondly, we have never "stolen" any recruits from you and if we did in fact steal them, then wouldn't you be just taking them back instead of you stealing and developing them? Besides, since you will be in the high and mighty FCS, won't you be too big and bad to go after our little recruits anymore?

    Thirdly, you have also forgotten the key word in your little rant and that is "develop." We "develop" talent at Southern, you guys take JUCO's who stay with your program for a year or two before they land in their big leagues aka the state penitentiary.

    And I quite frankly am not worried about Kennesaw or Mercer, which makes me think that by including them in your post you are.

    Nevertheless, your post just goes to show how truly ignorant you and your compadres are. Go on and keep drinking that Kool-Aid that your AD is feeding you and do us all a favor and zip it. You are wasting prime space on our board.
    "...you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet…"

    --Erk Russell

  2. #42

    Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Now that we are FBS you will lose any ability to get consistent talent. All those recruits you used to steal and develop, we will steal and develop. When KSU comes, they will have a bigger budget and outgun your for recruits, not to mention Mercer who will steal away middle ga recruits who want to get a real education. Soon you will be squeezed out of big time athletics and when the realignment armageddon comes, you won't be in position and your nice little niche program will disappear for the second time.
    You must not know anything about Bobby Lamb. He historically has heavily recruited Atlanta, Birmingham and the likes. I could see him targeting recruits down on Georgia States level around ATL more so than the caliber of player that we recruit.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  3. #43

    Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    They have a thread about OUR Master Facilities Plan?

    Dayum!










    P.S. Do you guys think you can have just one factual post on this thread? Just one!


    LMAO! FCS4LIFE
    Here is your fact for the day........You guys know more about what is on our message board than we do.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  4. #44

    Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by Realgsu1974 View Post
    Now that we are FBS you will lose any ability to get consistent talent. All those recruits you used to steal and develop, we will steal and develop. When KSU comes, they will have a bigger budget and outgun your for recruits, not to mention Mercer who will steal away middle ga recruits who want to get a real education. Soon you will be squeezed out of big time athletics and when the realignment armageddon comes, you won't be in position and your nice little niche program will disappear for the second time.
    Besides that fact that I think it says a lot that you can't even keep your own "homegrown" talent at home. EVer think that there is a reason why those players we "stole" bolted for the Boro instead of the Hobos?
    "...you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet…"

    --Erk Russell

  5. Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Correct us where we are wrong. Or are you actually going to the SEC next year?


    edit: we also have threads about Mercer's construction, and Kennesaw State when news arrives about them. Don't think we're flattering you. We just like to talk about what's going on around us. This isn't Panthertalk with a Chinese style censorship over the topics.
    Come on playa. You have so many GSU threads on here I thought it was our site. LOL! The obsession level is ridiculous. But I can always count on you guys when I want to feel better about my school. LOL!

  6. #46

    Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    Come on playa. You have so many GSU threads on here I thought it was our site. LOL! The obsession level is ridiculous. But I can always count on you guys when I want to feel better about my school. LOL!
    Must be why you are here so many times a day.......
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  7. Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by gotsix?wedoandcounting View Post
    First of all buddy, your not FBS yet. That don't happen until 2013. You are still in the FCS until then and playing the bottom feeder role to the CAA and select junior colleges.

    Secondly, we have never "stolen" any recruits from you and if we did in fact steal them, then wouldn't you be just taking them back instead of you stealing and developing them? Besides, since you will be in the high and mighty FCS, won't you be too big and bad to go after our little recruits anymore?

    Thirdly, you have also forgotten the key word in your little rant and that is "develop." We "develop" talent at Southern, you guys take JUCO's who stay with your program for a year or two before they land in their big leagues aka the state penitentiary.

    And I quite frankly am not worried about Kennesaw or Mercer, which makes me think that by including them in your post you are.

    Nevertheless, your post just goes to show how truly ignorant you and your compadres are. Go on and keep drinking that Kool-Aid that your AD is feeding you and do us all a favor and zip it. You are wasting prime space on our board.
    If that makes you feel better and sleep better at night. Just keep creating those GSU Panther threads about how gay, black and dangerous our campus and environs are. LOL! Man you guys keep me laughing that is for sure. Has the WAC called? Buh Bye

  8. #48

    Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    If that makes you feel better and sleep better at night. Just keep creating those GSU Panther threads about how gay, black and dangerous our campus and environs are. LOL! Man you guys keep me laughing that is for sure. Has the WAC called? Buh Bye
    1. Please provide an example.
    2. Plenty of examples to provide.

  9. Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by gudp1 View Post
    Must be why you are here so many times a day.......
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I havent been in weeks! You are hilarious. But if youre lucky CUSA wil take us and you can ride our dust to FBS. Think about how horrible we are and how much we inhale vigorously all day and then think about the fact that we were STILL a better choice than GS. Just WOW!

  10. Default Re: Master Athletic Plan for GA State

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    1. Please provide an example.
    2. Plenty of examples to provide.


    LMAO! Are you kidding? Your entire premise and existence is based upon "We have 6 flags" and "Atlanta is the Hellmouth" , The End. Come On Man! Be Serious.

Similar Threads

  1. Ga State Panthers Propose New Athletic Logo
    By cannonballgsu in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 1st July 2011, 03:09 PM
  2. Savannah State University Joins Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11th March 2010, 08:22 AM
  3. Interesting find in campus master plan
    By eagleowl in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25th August 2009, 05:28 PM
  4. Campus Master Plan
    By eagleskins in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 26th March 2009, 04:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •