TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Virus on Board?

Default Possible Virus on Board?

About two weeks ago when I opened the message board I would get the standard file download message box. The run or save file box that you get when you are attempting to download a file. All I was doing was opening gsufans.com. The only way I got it to go away was to reboot the computer.

Today, AVG gave me a threat warning when I opened gsufans.com. I let AVG handle the threat but was required to reboot after AVG quarantined the threat. When I rebooted, everything was OK until I tried to open gsufans.com. I got the threat warning again and I let AVG quarantine the file. This time I did not have to reboot and everything is (I think) running OK and have been able to open gsufans.com with no problem.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

Default Re: Possible Virus on Board?

I have been having problems trying to access the forum from my tablet. When I click on the forum it downloads some file that I can never open. I used to be able to access the forum from my tablet before, but not anymore.

Hopefully the upgrades to the code we're doing this weekend will resolve some of these issues.

If you get specific error messages or warning from firewalls or software meant to block such critters, please be sure to forward me that information via email.

Thanks !

admin@gsufans.com
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I just emailed you a screenshot of the warnings I've been getting this afternoon. I'm not smart like y'all to figure out what's going on.

I'm getting the warning from Chrome that "something's not right here"

I coulda told 'em that.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

For the first time, I'm getting this message today as well.

I got the same warning Cannon got.

I get a similar warning, but it's worded a little differently.

"
    www.gsufans.com contains content from usbbasedfoursquare.pro, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified usbbasedfoursquare.pro that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on usbbasedfoursquare.pro, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page."

Got a warning this morning also from ESET.
    quarantined and deleted
    not finding anything else so far

10. Default Re: Possible Virus on Board?

Getting the same warnings from Firefox.

My computer at work showed a virus alert, but only when I got on GSUfans.

Quote Originally Posted by AugustaEagle View Post
    I get a similar warning, but it's worded a little differently.

"
    www.gsufans.com contains content from usbbasedfoursquare.pro, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified usbbasedfoursquare.pro that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on usbbasedfoursquare.pro, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page."
    i got that same one at work today too. But i just logged on from my home computer, still using chrome and got no warning....

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post

i got that same one at work today too. But i just logged on from my home computer, still using chrome and got no warning....
    Nevermind. Right after I post that, I get the malware warning

Yeah, I'm getting it now. Got calls into my host and Google. Not sure yet what the issue is.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

It may come back, but it has stopped for now.

I'm getting it also

Only wierd thing I've seen is Exploit 10 blocked by Norton but not sure if it was from GSUFANS.this started last week.

Ditto.
    Mike Younce
    2001 - Bachelor of Science in Printing Management
    2003 - Master of Technology
    Brunswick, Georgia

Working on providing my host screenshots of the source code. Not exactly sure what happened here ... but I'm not real pleased.

Someone else mentioned on the thread in the open forum that it might be from an ad. Could that be why the warnings seem to come and go?