TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailgate tent

Any of them will serve the purpose, but you do get what you pay for. I have used an EZ up for years with zero problems.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

My only recommendation is to get some heavy duty nails from Lowe's. Those tent stakes are weak and bend. The nails are probably close to a foot long and at least 1 inch wide. They are great for windy days.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Is the bookstore the only place to get the tent with the GSU logo on it and everything. $250 is a lot of money....

Flagsaver has them for $223, but they are sold out....

I have this one in blue: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8571900 Looks to be in about the same league Butler.

Now entering it's 4th season at Paulson. It's also a veteran of 6 NASCAR races, a trip to Sebring and two children's birthday parties.

But.....it's about dead. For $94 though.....can't complain.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gsuone View Post
    I say spend the money and go with an EZUP tent..............they last longer and more durable
    That one from K-Mart is an E-Z Up - Pretty good tent then? I really only have a need for one about 6 times a year (hopefully more this season or next when playoffs return to Paulson)
    Chris Butler
    Athletic Foundation Member Since 2004
    Georgia Southern Class of '04 & '08

No institution can be truly great until it is rooted in the fine traditions of the past.
    -President Guy Wells, December 12th, 1932

Quote Originally Posted by ButlerGSU View Post
    That one from K-Mart is an E-Z Up - Pretty good tent then? I really only have a need for one about 6 times a year (hopefully more this season or next when playoffs return to Paulson)
    I hope it doesn't bother you to use it 9 times this year.

Yes go with quality over price, you get what you pay for, Ez Ups are good quality so you'll be fine. I'd also compare prices on Amazon and eBay or Sears may even have them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    That was my point. The EZ-UP are high quality and very durable. Also, the legs go straight down and don't bow out.
    Well this particular tent doesn't have straight legs...they're angled out due to the difference in size at the top and at the base. But yes they do make a quality tent.