TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McKinnon

Default McKinnon

deserves his own thread. I was at the game and maybe i am sensationalizing but his performance Sat night was epic. The guy carried the team on his back and he took a pounding. Very few times where I have seen one person impose his will on a football game like that. Great job, #1.

Default Re: McKinnon

I hope he heals up this week. Seems like the past two or three games, he has come up gimpy on several occasions.
    Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

3. Default Re: McKinnon

I have tried to tell everybody all year he was the man....finally everybody realizes, now if I could convince them to stay out of the shotgun, we might go deep in the playoffs....injuries I'm afraid are going to be key...always are....

Quote Originally Posted by Benched View Post
    I have tried to tell everybody all year he was the man
    I don't think there was anybody out there that doubted what McKinnon could do. It was more of the hope that Youyoute could do the same thing, or atleast close to it, so that McKinnon could be used in different ways. By the moves that the coaching staff made before the season it's pretty obvious that they were hoping for the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Mckinnon was awesome in the game. I was impressed when Izzy was in the game as well. He made good decisions and was good on the pitch. I think having them in at the same time can help us down the road, especially with trick plays and wrinkles in the offense to keep teams from stacking the box consistently. We are going to have to start hitting the ball inside more with the dive when swope gets back or I am afraid that Mckinnon might continue to come up with slight injuries due to running the ball so much on the outside.

6. Default Re: McKinnon

Our inability to throw the ball will eventually be the achilles heel of this offense. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't have to throw it much, but we need to throw when not in obivious passing situations. Seems to me our coaching staff is not willing to do that, although it's not clear to me if that's the case or our QB really doesn't have that ability at this point in his development. The last drive in regulation Saturday night must be a stong indicator, since we were willing to take a chance on a 49 yd FG versus opening up some.

Just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Our inability to throw the ball will eventually be the achilles heel of this offense. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't have to throw it much, but we need to throw when not in obivious passing situations. Seems to me our coaching staff is not willing to do that, although it's not clear to me if that's the case or our QB really doesn't have that ability at this point in his development. The last drive in regulation Saturday night must be a stong indicator, since we were willing to take a chance on a 49 yd FG versus opening up some.

Just my thought.

The last drive indicated he was willing to be conservative with the play calling knowing we were in "potential" field goal range. I was at the game and was wondering why we didn't pitch it on the outside because we have 2 time outs and about a minute and a half left. It just seemed he either felt Hanks could make it or that we could execute in OT and defend them with a compacted field. I still think we should have tried a counter option to the wide side of the field and should have told Mckinnon do not pitch and see what he could have done to maybe bust a big one on that final drive. Everything seemed to be right up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Just my thought.
    Not the prevailing conventional wisdom on here, but almost exactly in line with my thoughts. I do know that ASU has had some problems covering the play-action passes against the Citadel and Wofford, so it would not entirely surprise me if we attempt to have a more robust passing game this Saturday ... but time will tell.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

It's called being conservative and not turning the ball over. How up in arms would everyone be if we fumbled a pitch?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

IMO Indy pretty much has his finger on it... I also think that GSU hasn't been the best pass blocking team this year either so that may factor into it.

As for the last drive, I thought GSU was playinmg to get to the 30 yard line from the time they took possessiom. There was a 2 club wind at GSU's back and the 48 yarder was essentially a 35-40 yarder under normal conditions.

I'm more worried about the FG kicking than I am about the passing game.