TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Will we see the blue pants on Saturday?

Default Re: Will we see the blue pants on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by ERK-MOBILE View Post
    True. While yesteryear's defenses weren't properly built to defend offenses that employ a "spread" attack, it still looks like Hill had an extra gear that our current QBs seem to be lacking.
    Hill was an extremely "smooth" runner from what I remember. One of those guys that just seems to glide effortlessly. I don't think he was as fast as McKinnon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Hill's incredible footwork and decision making probably made him look fast then he was. One the most under-rated GSU players in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Hill was an extremely "smooth" runner from what I remember. One of those guys that just seems to glide effortlessly. I don't think he was as fast as McKinnon though.
    It helps when the entire defense collapses on #3, the OL blows everyone else off the ball and the "corner" is only a half a hole from center, and the read defender has to defend from there to the sideline. Some of those plays were unreal.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That was my thing about watching Hill. He never seemed to get frazzled. You used the word smooth, and that's exactly what I remember. I've seen quick qb's come through, and I've seen fast qb's coming through. But his ability to slide through open holes in the line, or (nonchelantly) flip the ball out to the correct spot was very fun to watch.

Talent-wise we have a great group on our roster. But the ability to make those split second decisions is something you either have or you don't. Hill made it look very easy. And I think even he would admit that he didn't have the pure athleticism these guys on our team now have.
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Soooo...blue pants or no? I was against it at first, but I'm beginning to think it would be cool. It is "blue out" weekend after all, and heck we've already had one quality win this year sporting an alternative uni this year...just my .02

6. Default Re: Will we see the blue pants on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Soooo...blue pants or no? I was against it at first, but I'm beginning to think it would be cool. It is "blue out" weekend after all, and heck we've already had one quality win this year sporting an alternative uni this year...just my .02
    5 straight losses. No wins since '98. Why tempt fate. I say no.